Gnoll Grenadier Rift Rush

Hello.

i would like to report a bug, well to me it feels like it's a bug and was not meant to be this way.
I noticed while playing today (After a looooong time not activily playing the game) that gnoll grenadier when they spawn just rush to the Rift instead of attacking players. and we all know that Gnolls don't take off Rift points. so at the end of the day it's a complete AI unit wasted.

To say, i met them a couple of times, and they barely attacked me. some throws a grenade really quickly and then proceed back at running to the rift. just like  kobolds do. and from what i know, it's not really the first time i see this bug, i've seen it happen long ago too. so i wonder if it's something that the devs actually fixed once, and it just came back. or if it's actually intended that gnoll grenadier just rush trought the map to get to the rift... they should just attack and track players just like others hunters in the game (Pride hunter, Gnoll, Assasin Pride hunter), instead of going for the rift.

which is a bit sad, gnolls grenadiers have been my favorite unit since Omdu2, kinda sad to see them totaly pointless here x)

PS : feels good to be back on the game, lods of new stuff, and finally i'm having fun again playing omdu, nice job guys <3

Comments

• Gnoll Grenadiers, like other "hunter" minions, will always go to the rift by default, unless they spot a player. Which mean that, yes, avoiding them is a valid strategy. Now, if they don't actually attack you when you're near them, that could be a bug; but what you're describing seems like their normal behaviour... :)
  • For me it seemed to work properly, as long as I'm near them they attack me. Though when they get close to the rift they enter this rift rush aswell, which seems really odd to me. I mean, in the most dangerous situations when I'm forced to defend my rift while standing on it I can just ignore grenadiers and hunters. I know that this behaviour is a standard for every enemy but it'd be kinda nice to not have them go into the rift while you are next to them. Also sometimes I feel like their aggro range is a little too small. Just for the grenadiers and hunters, archers are fine. :D
  • WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @FurbuttRequin789 - Donnerstag is correct here, they do not prioritize players and head towards the rift. @PinkBuffalo22 - You mentioned that they entered rift rush when you were near the rift? Were they anywhere near the rift at that time?
  • @Winwin
    I noticed this while playing on "crogon keep". Basically, my traps were able to take care of the regular minions and since I had spare time I wanted to kill the grenadiers and hunters for some additional coin instead of just letting them walk into the rift. But when they got too close to it they ignored me and ran into the rift, at a higher speed than their regular walking.
  • FurbuttRequin789FurbuttRequin789 Member, Master Founder
    @Winwin
    I noticed this while playing on "crogon keep". Basically, my traps were able to take care of the regular minions and since I had spare time I wanted to kill the grenadiers and hunters for some additional coin instead of just letting them walk into the rift. But when they got too close to it they ignored me and ran into the rift, at a higher speed than their regular walking.
    Same here, it happend to me too. like i said in my post, a group of gnoll grenadier just ran past me like really close. one launched a grenade and went back on his way to the rift.
    Winwin said:
    @FurbuttRequin789 - Donnerstag is correct here, they do not prioritize players and head towards the rift. @PinkBuffalo22 - You mentioned that they entered rift rush when you were near the rift? Were they anywhere near the rift at that time?
    So they do not prioritize players ? ... well sorry to say but .... it's kinda stupid, it kinda throw the idea of "hunter" in the water to be honest. it also break the point of protecting the rift and what the rift is supposed to be and lead too (if you played OMD1 & OMD2 ). "Don't let orc go trought the rift at any cost ! Oh but let hunters go trought lol x) "... 

i mean what i think is that they should auto-track players as soon as they spawn, or greatly increase their agro range.
    but i noticed that Gnoll Hunter & Pride hunter are by far more aggresive than Gnoll Grenadier by a mile.

PS: i just played right now, i played the weekly challenge and out of 5 gnolls grenadier, 5 ran next to me ( so it means they saw me and should attack), only 3 of those 5 attacked me and after that 2 bailed off to run to the rift. wierd. i mean they are completly useless now x), and to make it worse they are way weaker than they used to be (phase 1, phase 2 long ago) so they barely put up a fight ( when they try to fight lol) x)

• I think it’s because you have a limited ammount of minions that you can aggro at the same time