Orcs Must Die! Unchained Releases July 18 on Playstation 4

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer

ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED RELEASES JULY 18 ON PLAYSTATION 4

PlayStation®Plus Players Get More Than $20 of Content Free Until August 17

Robot Entertainment today announced that its hilarious free-to-play action tower defense game, ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED, will release on July 18, 2017 on PlayStation 4. In celebration of the release, PlayStation®Plus players who install ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED can jump-start their orc-smashing careers with an exclusive package of in-game currency, skins, consumables, and more. Valued at over $20, this bundle is free for PlayStation®Plus members until August 17th!

In ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED gamers play as the powerful War Mage, magical Sorceress, or brutal Blackpaw, and can unlock a lineup of other awesome heroes; each with unique powers and abilities. The key to protecting a player’s fortress is to build an impenetrable gauntlet of traps to hack, grind, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate foes. Players may go at it alone or in teams of three, all the while ensuring that the ugly, greedy, vicious Orcs don’t make it into the Rift.

Players battle enemies across multiple game types and difficulty levels, including the classic Survival mode and Sabotage, a head-to-head party mode. Either way, players decide whether they will roast orcs in pits of lava, pound them flat with ceiling traps, or freeze and shatter them with a slash. No matter the weapons and traps players choose, it’s sure to be an orc-killing blast!

Robot Entertainment | Community Manager

Comments

• grasher134grasher134 Member
    edited June 29
    Would we be able to play together? PC and PS4 players.
  • Is this for the US PSN Store only, or for America and Europe, because the fact it's 20 DOLLARS worth of freebies worries me...
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    PC and PS4 ussers will be playing seperately. As for the goodies, I actually have to check and get back to you on that, apologies.
    German Community Manager
  • I wonder about the new hero, Deadeye will be avalaible then. I am saving skulls to buy it. 
  • sashimiak said:
    PC and PS4 ussers will be playing seperately. As for the goodies, I actually have to check and get back to you on that, apologies.
    Will it at least have cross progression so unlocks etc will work between systems if I sign in with my OMD account on PS4?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    sashimiak said:
    Will it at least have cross progression so unlocks etc will work between systems if I sign in with my OMD account on PS4?
    Unfortunately, no.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • MissLiMissLi Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Is it possible to link my robot account to my PSN since I bought the game a couple of years ago?
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    edited July 7
    ValMeikin said:
    Is this for the US PSN Store only, or for America and Europe, because the fact it's 20 DOLLARS worth of freebies worries me...
    I am so sorry for the late reply, I asked and then I forgot to let you know and I just remembered! The PS+ bundle will be global, so players from the EU that are eligible will receive the same as those from the US.
    Post edited by Harmonia on
    German Community Manager
  • VidmanVidman Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    ShadeDev said:
    sashimiak said:
    Unfortunately, no.
    I don't understand why this wouldn't be the case. Seems like a no-brainer to me since unlike FPS games where PC players would have a distinct advantage over console players in person vs person combat ... with OMDU its humans playing co-cooperatively against the orc AI. I would be far more likely to spend money on in game coin and skulls if I could play the game across 2 devices, getting good value for money, with my account whereas I would not be bothered starting a second account from scratch just for ps4.
  • Well... I don't know the reasons and what took place behind the curtains... But Sony isn't known to be a team player, and it's actually pretty rare that they allow cross-play for multiplayer games. I mean, Minecraft players can cross-play on PC, Xbox and even the Switch... But not on PS4. If even minecraft didn't convince Sony to open up a little...
  • Different servers... Not a smart move...
  • Different servers... Not a smart move...
    Talk to Sony about that.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    you can be happy to finally get the PS4 Version.
    This was first planned to be released 2015
  • KalizaarKalizaar Member, Early Access
    Wonder when it'll appear in the PS4 store. Looking forward to playing this!
  • AxonyAxony Member
    The Sabotage Loading screen on PS4 shows an old alpha loading screen with Sir Winston, Kobold King and the old blonde Smolder.

• TheRalleTheRalle Member
    How I can find the game?, it will dont Show up in playstore Greetings
  • TheRalle said:
    How I can find the game?, it will dont Show up in playstore Greetings
    @TheRalle Check out this thread ----> PS4 Launch FAQ! 
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • Arbalest47Arbalest47 Member, Early Access
    Seems okay, but definitely not worth starting my account over since im lvl 95 on pc. Would be nice to merge the accounts at least since it takes a lot of time to grind things.
  • Seems okay, but definitely not worth starting my account over since im lvl 95 on pc. Would be nice to merge the accounts at least since it takes a lot of time to grind things.
     You would be too powerful for the rest of new players in the sabotage mode. I understand you, but you ought to notice you can't start with too high level in the PS4.