Guides for new players and veterans alike - we need your input!
We’ve been hearing a lot from you guys about how it would be awesome if there were more resources for new players to look at and learn things about the game. We were wondering if you could share with us, what type of information and tips would be particularly important or helpful for new players to have in addition to the in-game tutorials we currently have. What specific or larger topic would you like to see covered in guides? It doesn’t necessarily have to be geared towards newbies, it can be all around helpful information for more seasoned players too. Keep in mind that we are specifically talking about guides in video- or text form, so things that could be shared e. g. on forums so that every player can find and access them easily and also comment and give feedback on them.
- What kind of topics would you like to see covered in guides?
- What type of guide do you prefer? (videos or written, short and concise or elaborate and in as much detail as possible, etc.)
If you have any additional comments or feedback, feel free to share these below also!
Thank you for your input, we’re looking forward to hearing your ideas!
- Sabotage (showing how to use basic functions such as chat and alerts but also information on important or impactful mechanics like bomb aura, etc.)
- Killboxes (showing how to set up killboxes and use barricades to their fullest, etc.)
- Combos (explain what combos are and what their benefits are and show how to achieve them)
- Damage types (explain the difference between the different types of damage and their pros and cons)
- Guardians (In-depth guide of the guardians, their strengths and weaknesses and what to think about when you chose which guardian to place)
- Enemies / Enemy Groups (explain different types of enemies' weaknesses and strengths, bosses & mercaneries)
- What makes OMD!U different from other tower defense games and basic mechanics (Rift mechanics, Unchained status and Weaver Updates)
- How to use the minimap (+visual and audio cues)
- Progression (Different difficulty levels, which game modes are good for newbies etc., upgrading traps, leveling up and what it does)
- Heroes in-depth (what they do, strengths and weaknesses)
- How to go about forming a strategy and set up your load out for a map
- In-depth trap guide (different general types of traps and their pros and cons)
- Playing in a team and what to keep in mind (what's different to solo play, guilds, communication and allowing others to sell your traps)
- Create new Trap and Parts videos to showcase what they do and make them accessible via Youtube
- Advertise the guides (especially the ones covering the basics) in-game and across the various methods players experience OMD!U and learn about news (social media, forums, etc.)