Why is Oziel is useless?

MilenninMilennin Member, Early Access
edited July 14 in General Discussion
I don't get it. No matter what he does, he is doing it worse than any other hero. Zero mobility. Slow auto-fire. Weak auto-fire. Annoying magic management. What is there to like?
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• I would disagree.

He is rather good. I build jar, jar, double souls and haunted souls (The ones that explode).

I would suggest using pot everytime it comes up. Then slowly back up firing make sure you hit every minion so you can collect all the souls. Then when a large minion comes or whenever right click comes up use it. When you get to level 4 the jar will deal damage that will kill most small minions. Everything else kill with auto and right click. The haunted spirits is really useful using it will then bring your damage high enough to kill everything with right click. Also if you get the level 4 jar weaver using it during spirits it will deal lots of damage to everything.

If you ever run out of mana use tab.

The only negatives is that at the start of matches he can be weak. But as the souls build up he gets more mana and damage. He's not good at solo play but just try to damage all the minions of a wave to get the most souls possible.
  • I completely hate that hero. Despise playing as him for chests.
    He is not useless though, very powerful later in the game (early as well with E), I simply hate his low amount of mana. You hit E and you have to refill mana and waste half of your E time on mana refilling.
  • Well hes not useless but the early Waves are a pain with him, its either using rmb and spend half the time manarefilling or ignore rmb and spend the mana on trinkets to mediocre effects. He realy could use something to speed up the Mana refill..
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Hes really good in endless.

Tough to play in Chaos Trials/Sabo though as he starts out pretty weak.

He also takes a bit of skill to play as you have to build up soul stacks.

Just use his E and unchained early to get through the tough first couple waves.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    He will see large changes in the next patch.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • PericlumPericlum Member
    ShadeDev said:
    Can you elaborate? I actually LIKE Oziel in his current form. He's not the best pick for most things, but he's got a unique playstyle. The "floating around while attacking" bit is super fun.
  • ElSolElSol Member
    I would agree with @DaTeddyBear and @Watermelons. He can be very strong but he needs a while to get to that point. The biggest problem I see is that you are going to miss tons of souls when you get pushed out of your killbox, or you have to hunt a Boss, or just because there a 3-4 different lanes.
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    edited July 8
    @ElSol You could probably say a similar thing about Gabby.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Periclum said:
    ShadeDev said:
    Can you elaborate? I actually LIKE Oziel in his current form. He's not the best pick for most things, but he's got a unique playstyle. The "floating around while attacking" bit is super fun.
    Playstyle will be the same, but he won't scale with game length. He will be fun from the start of the game.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    ShadeDev said:
    Periclum said:
    ShadeDev said:
    Playstyle will be the same, but he won't scale with game length. He will be fun from the start of the game.
    So I guess that means he will have a cap on souls and he will spend souls to charge up abilities or something?  Like souls as a resource similar to rage except it's gained from kills instead of damage dealt? 
  • TheetisTheetis Member
    I like Oziel the way he is now. The only hero that's godawfully useless is Max, unless you're here to simply get more coin. And Dobbin is still better at that. And Dobbin actually does damage. And contributes to the team in any way.
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    I'm guessing it could be like a Bloodspike stack
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Theetis said:
    I like Oziel the way he is now. The only hero that's godawfully useless is Max, unless you're here to simply get more coin. And Dobbin is still better at that. And Dobbin actually does damage. And contributes to the team in any way.
    I think that's just a matter of preference. I used Max to 5 star every map up to and including Master. He is great to get kill boxes because you pay less for traps, his aoe damage is awesome for killing runners and his combo is a near one-hit kill for almost every merch / boss.
    German Community Manager
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    I would disagree.

He is rather good. I build jar, jar, double souls and haunted souls (The ones that explode).

I would suggest using pot everytime it comes up. Then slowly back up firing make sure you hit every minion so you can collect all the souls. Then when a large minion comes or whenever right click comes up use it. When you get to level 4 the jar will deal damage that will kill most small minions. Everything else kill with auto and right click. The haunted spirits is really useful using it will then bring your damage high enough to kill everything with right click. Also if you get the level 4 jar weaver using it during spirits it will deal lots of damage to everything.

If you ever run out of mana use tab.

The only negatives is that at the start of matches he can be weak. But as the souls build up he gets more mana and damage. He's not good at solo play but just try to damage all the minions of a wave to get the most souls possible.

I would argue Oziel's current incarnation is better in solo play as you're less likely to miss souls and he can gain power quicker as well as it having a greater effect on his damage. He also has lower movement speed penalties while attacking allowing him to kite rather well.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • BenroadsBenroads Member
    Hopefully he doesn't get changed too much, I think Oziel is one of the best characters in the game providing you play him agressively. Sitting back and plinking with your m1 is incredibly weak considering you can have effecitvely unlimited mana providing you pay attention to the wave. This allows him to make great use of damage trinkets like the Arcane Bubbleblower, also if you're not playing him up close you're likely to miss a large portion of the souls so he will never really get as strong as he can be.
  • I just cant believe that you want to change Oziel the best champ in this game.
    He was nearly perfekt before the buffs in the last two patches and also ist now.
    If you realy want to make him better in the early game there ist just one thing to changse.

He loses much dmg when he goes out of mana and his ability to regenerate mana just needs to much time everyone who played Wow in the good old time knows a much better way to do so just make it an instant ability with 30% of his max mana and a base hp drop.

ok and now sorry for my bad englisch i lack in time for better today
  • lielsliels Member
    I completely hate that hero. Despise playing as him for chests.
    He is not useless though, very powerful later in the game (early as well with E), I simply hate his low amount of mana. You hit E and you have to refill mana and waste half of your E time on mana refilling.
    I don't think the idea of stealing souls and such is either entertaining.  Changing the back story and ability descriptions would be appreciated.  I did start to play him when I happened into the Pinocchio skin ... with the voice volume turned down to almost inaudible.

• AxonyAxony Member
    i think after the change he will be more like Ancestor: http://orcsmustdie.wikia.com/wiki/Ancestor

P.S. that was Oziel before he became Oziel
  • edited July 13
    ShadeDev said:
    Periclum said:
    ShadeDev said:
    Does that mean soul stealing won't be a thing with Oziel, or is it going to pop up as an upgrade that you can get on a certain tier?
  • Check out Insider Access in a few hours