What boss is the weakest

edited July 7 in General Discussion
To me bosses are already a joke and simply serve as a mild annoyance rather than a massive threat you should drop everything to deal with. But my question is, who would you say sucks the hardest? Which boss spawns in only to be completly slaughtered a second later?

For me its either Bulgod who is just kind of annoying or Vitality who is just plain useless.
"Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"

Comments

• Bulgod doesn't get killed as fast as Scurvy Rumrudder. He hits hard but has low amount of HP.
  • Tubifore
  • Agree about Gaedin and Bulgod, disagree about Tubifore and Orfum.

As levels 100 they are easy as hell, but I still do remember when I was low level and it took me quite some time to take them out and couple of barricades lost. I don't like the revenge rune, always felt the reflective armor is a much better choice. When you have double struts and t7 barricades it is quite useful to leave kamikaze to hit your barricades and damage all the minions around them because of the reflect.
  • GustavoMGustavoM Member
    Snowflake is definitely the weakest.
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    GustavoM said:
    Snowflake is definitely the weakest.
    Snowflake is currently so insignificant SeanPoe forgot to list him XD he's probably an 0/10, very minimal impact, low hp pool, on par with dread, sarge, and scurvy as he only spawns on one map and his only ability is an instant freeze slow snowball toss.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • Don't forget they forgot to put no knockback on snowflake.

So if you hit him with a knockback move he flys around the map.
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited July 10
    If I recall correctly, Snowflake is a her, not a him.

But yea, even if Snowflake was bad orc, it'd be hard to realize it when it's a boss that only shows up on one map.
  • What I am getting from all this
    Is that bosses need a SERIOUS overhaul
    Maybe give them more than one power at a time
    Rather than just "Oh dread is basically just a slightly stronger heavy orc"
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
  • I think one power per boss is good design. It's clear, it's easy to understand, it works well. Some bosses just need a better one. :D

Swiftyhooves, Orfum and Tubifore are always a menace. Maybe one boss could be nearly immune to traps, the way Order Mages are? It would certainly incite players to deal with him, though it would clash with the design of BGH traps. Or simply make nearby minions resistant to traps, now that would be bad! Or make them run... Or drain the player's coins... Okay, I'm gonna stop now because I feel I'm actually hurting my future self with those ideas.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Mercenaries are far more of a threat right now than most if not all the bosses.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    not even all mercs.
    The only real threats i see right now are Sudden Death Swifty, maybe Gnoll Breeder and Dwarf Priest (and as an honorable mention: Buggy Image)
  • Yeah these are all fair points! But, the idea I had was like
    Lets take dread for example (As its clear with how often they use him he is quite a common menace)
    Buffing his orc allies, this is ok on paper! But, he himself is PATHETIC, like, he dies before he can do any serious damage, sarge is a direct upgrade of him (despite basically being exactly the same)
    here are some ideas I have had for Dread
    1. Give him a ranged attack, making bosses be more of a threat to the player directly seems fitting as they are like, elite orcs, and I feel maybe giving him some kind of, hail of arrows attack or something (maybe he could indicate it by pointing his sword at the player and that would give you a few seconds to move out the way, he would stay still during this so you can get in some attacks of course)
    2. Make him kill guardians faster, so far whenver I fight him he just gets completly wiped out by guardians, he stands NO chance, which is kind of odd as he is described as an orc general, and yet I find him to be a pushover
    3. elemental armour, it makes sense since he is almost fully armoured, so why not have him resist  things like fire or ice? It would make him a much bigger threat, and make you rely on your traps a bit more, rather than just running in and beating him to death like I usually do.
    4. have him be able to maybe do some kind of, target on you? So like all nearby minions get aggro on you, but he can only do this while your in his range, they are still buffed of course so not only are you being swarmed, but they are also stronger than normal.

What do you guys think of these ideas? I feel bosses should just be more than bullet sponges, give them some kind of special perks, rather than just one little thing.
  • PinkBuffalo22PinkBuffalo22 Member
    edited July 28
    Yeah these are all fair points! But, the idea I had was like
    Lets take dread for example (As its clear with how often they use him he is quite a common menace)
    Buffing his orc allies, this is ok on paper! But, he himself is PATHETIC, like, he dies before he can do any serious damage, sarge is a direct upgrade of him (despite basically being exactly the same)
    1. Give him a ranged attack, making bosses be more of a threat to the player directly seems fitting as they are like, elite orcs, and I feel maybe giving him some kind of, hail of arrows attack or something (maybe he could indicate it by pointing his sword at the player and that would give you a few seconds to move out the way, he would stay still during this so you can get in some attacks of course)
    2. Make him kill guardians faster, so far whenver I fight him he just gets completly wiped out by guardians, he stands NO chance, which is kind of odd as he is described as an orc general, and yet I find him to be a pushover
    3. elemental armour, it makes sense since he is almost fully armoured, so why not have him resist  things like fire or ice? It would make him a much bigger threat, and make you rely on your traps a bit more, rather than just running in and beating him to death like I usually do.
    4. have him be able to maybe do some kind of, target on you? So like all nearby minions get aggro on you, but he can only do this while your in his range, they are still buffed of course so not only are you being swarmed, but they are also stronger than normal.

What do you guys think of these ideas? I feel bosses should just be more than bullet sponges, give them some kind of special perks, rather than just one little thing.
    While I do think this to be really interesting and fun in-game, my past self would be really overwhelmed when trying to deal with a ranged boss, resisting multiple elements while buffing minions around him and make him charge at me while quickly destroying my guardians as a fallback option. Don't get me wrong, I do love your ideas and in general, making bosses more impactful and unique in other ways than taking more hits than other enemies. Swiftyhooves is a really great boss in my opinion, although extremely reliant on spawning on the right gate. I was just thinking back to when I played for the first time on eventide ramparts and absolutely didn't know how to deal with all this stuff at once. Having Orfum as a boss who isn't really a threat to me while he still possesses the ability to wreck my barricades and do nothing else was nice back then.

I'm just thinking that it could be frustrating for new players. Well, or even more exciting and encouraging to keep playing. I don't know which one is more like to be honest. But personally, I would appreciate some really complicated and special bosses. But not in the special Snowflake way.

Edit: Actually, I really like Snowflake, she is very unique and has a ranged cc ability which encourages you to take her on, not quite the usual stuff. If she was used on more maps and her snowballs would be faster and maybe freeze instead of slow she would be a really welcomed addition.
  • Yeah these are all fair points! But, the idea I had was like

While I do think this to be really interesting and fun in-game, my past self would be really overwhelmed when trying to deal with a ranged boss, resisting multiple elements while buffing minions around him and make him charge at me while quickly destroying my guardians as a fallback option. Don't get me wrong, I do love your ideas and in general, making bosses more impactful and unique in other ways than taking more hits than other enemies. Swiftyhooves is a really great boss in my opinion, although extremely reliant on spawning on the right gate. I was just thinking back to when I played for the first time on eventide ramparts and absolutely didn't know how to deal with all this stuff at once. Having Orfum as a boss who isn't really a threat to me while he still possesses the ability to wreck my barricades and do nothing else was nice back then.

I'm just thinking that it could be frustrating for new players. Well, or even more exciting and encouraging to keep playing. I don't know which one is more like to be honest. But personally, I would appreciate some really complicated and special bosses. But not in the special Snowflake way.

Edit: Actually, I really like Snowflake, she is very unique and has a ranged cc ability which encourages you to take her on, not quite the usual stuff. If she was used on more maps and her snowballs would be faster and maybe freeze instead of slow she would be a really welcomed addition.
    Oh jeez, I did not actually think about starting players?
    Ok a way I can think to fix this, make his stats scale with what tier your at.
    Apprentice him would have all these skills, but they would be REALLY lowered damage wise
    And on rift lord, he would be hell
    Like maybe on easier difficulties, the elemental armour would not be around, and he would have a weaker rain of arrows, and the guardian thing would just not happen, does that sound fairer?
    Just trying to make him a bit more of a threat, im open to suggestions
  • I think...
    Bosses at lower ranks are fine. Those that shows up at apprentice levels, there's nothing wrong with having them act as "Orcs/Soldiers with more HP". New players already have a handful of new things to handle.

I used to think Bosses are too weak, but after seeing a whole bunch of bad game-plays... I sort of understand that this game is not as easy as what most of us think. There is this... "OMDU concept" for lack of better term... that once you understood, maps will feel easy... But for those who don't, it's an uphill climb and getting 5 stars is extremely tedious.