Release 2.3 for PC - Deadeye
Release 2.3 for PC - Deadeye - Patch Notes
July 26, 2017
New Hero: Deadeye
Deadeye is an infamous outlaw with a bounty on her head. With each kill, she becomes stronger and more infamous. Her dual crossbows and explosive arrows make her a force to be reckoned with.
Half elf and half orc, Deadeye was adopted into the elven community of the First Grove as a child and raised as Galadra the trueshot. Accused of her adoptive mother High Warden Naya’s brutal murder, Galadra was narrowly apprehended by Ivy, Warden of the First Grove, losing her right eye in the process and becoming Galadra the Deadeye.
Get the full details on her abilities and development in the Designing Deadeye blog!
New Feature: Community Challenges
Exciting news, War Mages! In-game events have been a frequent question and discussion topic within the OMDU community and this update finally delivers a lot of the technology we need to create fun in-game events.
We'll have a lot more to share about this in the coming weeks as we run a few smaller events before rolling out an Endless Summer event later this year. Well, later this summer to be more specific!
Here's what we can tell you now. We will be running some events in the future that will provide increased rewards to players. Bonus XP, bonus skulls, that sort of thing. We'll also be running collaborative events for the entire community that will provide extra chests or even unique vanity rewards for participation or successful completion.
New Feature: PauseA highly requested feature has finally arrived! We have added the ability for solo and non-matchmade games to be paused by any player. Due to the game being online, we cannot pause forever, but you have a significant amount of time to grab a snack!
New Feature: Discord Integration
Discord has remained one of the most popular modes of communication for OMD!U. This integration will make communication and collaboration easier than ever!
Important note: Discord integration will not be included with this update for PC. As mentioned on Insider Access there was a small chance that this component would not be approved in time, and unfortunately, this is the case. We look forward to bringing Discord integration to the game very soon!
New: Sabotage Map
- Stables of Eventide
New: Base Set Consumable
- Polymorph Chicken (Earned by using Polymorph Chicken 75x)
New: Chaos Trial Modifiers
- Health Drain (Master and Rift Lord Only)
- Mana Drain (Master and Rift Lord Only)
- Coin Drain (Master and Rift Lord Only)
- Minions Drop Grenades
- Periodic Healing Aura
New: Sabotage Consumables
- Armored Satyrs
- Control Resist Buff
- Control Immunity Staff
- Go-Breaks in solo play have been increased to 4x the group play length (from 2x).
- Banquet Hall has been made more challenging in Sabotage (Master and Rift Lord Only).
- Apprentice Baths, Eventide Ramparts, and Banquet Hall now have more go-breaks and fewer kobolds.
- Apprentice Baths, Eventide Ramparts, and Banquet Hall now have fixed loading screen tips.
- War Mage Temple Graveyard wave 8 has fewer minions.
- War Mage Restricted Section waves 3-6 have fewer minions.
- Master Stables of Eventide wave 2 difficulty reduced. Final wave made more challenging.
- Master Falling Folly difficulty reduced across most waves.
- Master Orc-rila difficulty increased SLIGHTLY on most waves.
- Control immunity now blocks all knockbacks. Control resistance continues to NOT modify knockbacks.
- Stables of Eventide pathing updated.
- Confluence and Crogon Keep have had metal grates added to the Rift Room to prevent exploits with barricades.
- 1 Rift Point modifier increased to 5 Rift Points.
- "No Go-Breaks" will be paired with easier modifiers, on average.
- "No Go-Breaks" and "Additional TNT Archers" will no longer appear in Apprentice or War Mage Chaos Trials.
- "Double Cost Floor Traps" will be paired with easier modifiers, on average.
- "Double Cost Floor Traps" and "Double Cost Barricades" can no longer roll together.
- Several bonus minion modifiers will be paired with harder modifiers, on average.
- "5 Rift Points" and "Rift Point Loss on Death" can no longer roll together.
- "5x Unchained Drops" increased to 10x.
- Persistent Barricade Rubble, No Health Drops, and No Mana Drops will roll less often.
- Fast Minions, Fast Heroes, and Bonus Rift Points will roll more often.
- "Spudging Pickups" debuff duration reduced to 5 seconds (from 10). Slow amount increased to 40% (from 20%).
- "Additional Shield Trolls" now properly spawns all shield trolls, rather than half shield trolls and half dwarf shaman.
Developer Comment: In general, we want to avoid rules that prevent certain modifiers from rolling together. However, in this case, we believe a few overly powerful combinations can be toned back.
- Players can now buy bundles of chests in addition to individual chests.
- Party members can now see their party leader's Chaos Keys.
- High-resolution dashboard now displays more cards within the workshop and store simultaneously.
- When you do not receive a modifier after upgrading a chaos key, "Free Pass" will be displayed.
- Whispers have been split into multiple tabs.
- Whispers no longer automatically close when a player logs off.
- Whispers can now be manually closed.
- An announcer line has been added for "Our traps are being disabled".
- The iMage now has multiple lines upon death, conveying whether or not you killed the real iMage or not.
- Remastered OMD2 music has been added to OMD!U. Even MORE music improvements are coming in the future.
- The post-game screen for Chaos Keys have new sound effects!
- No longer have 50 physical armor.
- Health increased by 10%.
- Health reduced by 10%.
- Teacup gnoll damage reduced by 20%.
- Teacup gnolls will now enter the rift (but not score rift points).
- Primary attack now deals 30% increased damage.
- Primary attack damage fall-off increased to 45% (from 33%).
Developer Comment: The previous Bionka nerfs went a bit too far against single targets. This change maintains Bionka's area damage, while increasing her single target damage.
- Blink now restores 30% of Gabriella's health.
- Devious Allure now slows enemies by 40% for 2 seconds if canceled early by damage.
Developer Comment: Gabby's skillset is a fun one - However, as many people have pointed out, her skills are too conditional. These changes are aimed at providing buffing Gabriella in a way that provides her skills with greater opportunity for use.
- Speed increased by 10%.
Developer Comment: We heard your feedback regarding the recent Hogarth jump change. As a result, we have decided to increase his mobility to compensate.
- Penetrating Shot is now capped at 8 targets (from 10).
Developer Comment: Ivy very rarely hits 8 enemies with her penetrating shot, so this change is very small.
- Heart of Flame mana cost lowered to 10 per second (from 12).
- Dragon's Breath mana cost lowered to 16 per second (from 18).
- Range on Incinerate increased to 5000 (from 1500).
Developer Comment: Smolder is a fun hero to play for many people. However, her overall damage is a little low given her lack of control. We have decided to buff her ability up-time.
- Stinkeye's double Zephyr of Oasis weaver upgrade has been reworked: Now causes the totem's stun to slow minions by 50% after the stun ends.
- Attack totem damage reduced by 30%. We fixed a bug in the last patch that caused stinkeye to deal FAR more damage. As a result, he is now over-tuned.
Developer Comment: It was very hard to gain the benefits of Stinkeye's previous upgrade. However, this new upgrade is easier to use, but provides less peak power.
- Primary attack is now capped at 8 targets (from 10).
Developer Comment: Tundra very rarely hits 8 enemies with his primary attack. Furthermore, the damage falloff on his primary attack makes this change incredibly small, and only noticeable in rare scenarios.
- Oziel passive reworked: No longer gains max mana with each soul stack. Instead, Oziel now deals high damage from the beginning of the game. Upon acquiring 75 soul stacks, Oziel may consume them to use his "Haunting Spirits" ability.
- Haunting Spirits no longer has a cooldown.
- Base mana increased to 300 from 160.
- Weavers 8 and 12 swapped position. Vexing Surge now provides a soul upon hitting an enemy.
Developer Comment: We initially designed the soul mechanic to make Oziel to play as a carry. However, in the current incarnation of the game, this design doesn't really fit. These changes should make Oziel more powerful at the start of the game and more enjoyable to play.
- Fixed an issue where using consumables would be blocked by other actions.
- Fixed several issues related to kill-screen information being incorrect or missing.
- Fixed an issue where barricade rubble could disrupt destroyer pathing.
- Fixed an issue where movement abilities could break camera disabling effects.
- Fixed an issue where trap projections would remain after a player disconnects.
- Fixed a bug where Sabotage could randomly select consumables that shouldn't be available on waves 1-4.
- Fixed an issue where the iMage would loiter behind purple barriers.
- Alt-K no longer activates Smolder's passive.