Release 2.3 for PC - Deadeye

Comments

• vrmlbasicvrmlbasic Member
    edited July 27
     The steam forums will move on the next hero now they think is OP because they are still losing and the nerf/buff will continue.

Why does anything like that matter to players in a PvE game?  That's what gets me. 

Confluence and Crogon Keep have had metal grates added to the Rift Room to prevent exploits with barricades.

More grates on Confluence?   I'd just come up with a solid strategy after the last addition of grates.

Smolder is a fun hero to play for many people.  However, her overall damage is a little low given her lack of control.
    Sounds like you underestimate her control of the flames? B) ;)

Many of these changes sound good, especially the pause option.  Thanks.
  • WhiysperWhiysper Member
    Loving Deadeye, and I approve of the Oziel changes - except for the fact that his tooltips are wrong, and his daily quest still asks for 100 stacks of the Drain Soul buff - which now hard-caps at 75 (and apparently zeros on death, which is very new, and again not mentioned in the tooltips). (Also, not sure if intentional, but he doesn't generate Soul Stacks for people killed during Haunt - but he still has the animations of the souls coming into him, so one or the other of those is misleading!). Finally, after casting Haunt, the Soul Stack counter often does not show up, leaving you to guess how close you are.

So yeah, if you could fix the daily, and the tooltips, and clarify whether the bug is that he still animates draining souls during haunt or that he doesn't actually gain those soul stacks.. that would be great :)

Appreciate all the hard work, this is currently my favorite F2P game.
  • Whiysper said:
    Loving Deadeye, and I approve of the Oziel changes - except for the fact that his tooltips are wrong, and his daily quest still asks for 100 stacks of the Drain Soul buff - which now hard-caps at 75 (and apparently zeros on death, which is very new, and again not mentioned in the tooltips). (Also, not sure if intentional, but he doesn't generate Soul Stacks for people killed during Haunt - but he still has the animations of the souls coming into him, so one or the other of those is misleading!). Finally, after casting Haunt, the Soul Stack counter often does not show up, leaving you to guess how close you are.

So yeah, if you could fix the daily, and the tooltips, and clarify whether the bug is that he still animates draining souls during haunt or that he doesn't actually gain those soul stacks.. that would be great :)

Appreciate all the hard work, this is currently my favorite F2P game.
    I just played a game on banquet hall with him where I took all the weaver upgrade which give soul stacks and my haunting spirits were pretty much always ready to use after they expired so it does seem that you still collect souls while it is active. But yes, the tooltips and the soul counter is a little bit annoying.
  • nthornnthorn Member
    edited July 27
    Darklokey said:
    Don't know if this bug was intentional or not, but the Gnomish Repair Kit triggers the "Our traps are being disabled!" Announcer line
    havent played this patch but the last time i used repair kit it had a significant delay before it actually reset the trap. the item sucks. you cant quickcast with it and it doesnt instantly reset traps
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Lemartes said:
    New patch is very buggy.

Stuff gets stuck under the floor, in the ceilings.  They destroy barricades when under the floor.

Oz is super bugged as well.
    Hey Lemartes, thanks for sharing but do you have any further details here? This will help our QA team review what you're reporting.
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Oziel is pretty disppointing this patch. He got easier to play but less fun.

His haunting spirits feel much worse now since before the damage would increase with his souls. But now the souls only stack up to 75 and it costs 75 to use. So it feels like a small damage buff rather than killing everything in one shot. There is a few bugs with that with the soul amount disappearing and appearing at random after first use. Also a few minutes where I had the souls but the spell couldn't be activated. Maybe if you could chain the haunting spirits together but I found it difficult to even kill minions any faster. Also after going unchained it doesn't take haunting spirits off cooldown so that feels even worse.

Overall it feels like the change to stinkeye where he had a complex laser based system which was cool into just sitting there firing at totems. Now oziel feels normal with no gimmick just sit there fire, throw down pots and every so often get a damage boost.
  • Since the patch i've noticed things hitting a LOT harder. I'm level 93. There's no reason on a normal Rift Lord survival game that an errant shot from a fire mage should be able to one-shot me at battle level 9.

I've also noticed a few bugs. Oziels stacks not showing is a known one, but while playing Rift Lord Academy Sewers....I also noticed Max' In Your Face was actually not doing any damage. Like, literally 0. It eventually started damaging again about halfway through the match.
  • I got the new "Coin drain" modifier in Chaos Trials yesterday. Here's how it works: your coin will drain AT ALL TIME, and it seems to be percentage-based (it seemed much faster when I had a lot of it). At the start of the match, by the time you reach the first killbox spot, you already lost 1000-2000 coins, and that's if you were fast and the map wasn't too big. You very rarely get more than 1000 coins because past this point you lose them faster than you can make them. If you have to build 2 killboxes, you're basically screwed, since you'll lose most of your money while traveling from one to the other.

This mod is really not fun and much too hard. I'm not again a constant drain of coins, but it can't be percentage-based, or it becomes virtually impossible to get past a given threshold. And it's much, much too fast, to the point where you can't think about anything else than this number going down during the whole match. It's stressful and doesn't add anything, you just can't ever place traps. CT mods were supposed to make you play in a different way, so what's this new mod supposed to achieve?

Are Chaos Trials about playing the game without traps? Because there are so many mods that prevents you from placing them that it's a bit ridiculous. I can never play CT without having at least one or two "expensive trap" mods, and now coin drain on top of that... :(
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    I got the new "Coin drain" modifier in Chaos Trials yesterday. Here's how it works: your coin will drain AT ALL TIME, and it seems to be percentage-based (it seemed much faster when I had a lot of it). At the start of the match, by the time you reach the first killbox spot, you already lost 1000-2000 coins, and that's if you were fast and the map wasn't too big. You very rarely get more than 1000 coins because past this point you lose them faster than you can make them. If you have to build 2 killboxes, you're basically screwed, since you'll lose most of your money while traveling from one to the other.

This mod is really not fun and much too hard. I'm not again a constant drain of coins, but it can't be percentage-based, or it becomes virtually impossible to get past a given threshold. And it's much, much too fast, to the point where you can't think about anything else than this number going down during the whole match. It's stressful and doesn't add anything, you just can't ever place traps. CT mods were supposed to make you play in a different way, so what's this new mod supposed to achieve?

Are Chaos Trials about playing the game without traps? Because there are so many mods that prevents you from placing them that it's a bit ridiculous. I can never play CT without having at least one or two "expensive trap" mods, and now coin drain on top of that... :(
    The idea is to get you to build in different locations, potentially closer to the rift.  Alternatively, you can find ways to spend your coin more quickly.  It's a micromanagement challenge.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
    I got the new "Coin drain" modifier in Chaos Trials yesterday. Here's how it works: your coin will drain AT ALL TIME, and it seems to be percentage-based (it seemed much faster when I had a lot of it). At the start of the match, by the time you reach the first killbox spot, you already lost 1000-2000 coins, and that's if you were fast and the map wasn't too big. You very rarely get more than 1000 coins because past this point you lose them faster than you can make them. If you have to build 2 killboxes, you're basically screwed, since you'll lose most of your money while traveling from one to the other.

The idea is to get you to build in different locations, potentially closer to the rift.  Alternatively, you can find ways to spend your coin more quickly.  It's a micromanagement challenge.
    Sure, that's what I thought at first; just build the killbox close to the rift. But even when you have only one killbox to manage and while fighting in the middle of it, you never get past 1000-1500 coins at max because beyond that, you lose them faster than you can earn them. On some maps you can't build close to the rift, and when you have to do more than one killbox, you lose all your money before you can switch. So I still think the loss speed is much too high, and the fact that it's percentage-based means that there WILL be a threshold you can't go beyond. Surely there's a better way to make people place their traps fast.

I got the mod on patch day, so I can imagine that not many people got to try it. Nonetheless, I'm curious about other people's opinion on this mod. I can' say I'm having any fun playing with it, it's as frustrating as trying to eat soup with a fork. :(
  • Having a mod that constantly drains your coin such as what was introduced in this patch even existing makes CT not even an option on the table for me to play, as CT already didn't appeal to me too much and sabotage is labeled as garbage to me due to it's mechanics. Sad to say that Survival and Endless are the only appealing things to me now and I might just stop playing soon as I'm not looking for new gamemodes. I'm either looking for new maps or even maybe more additions to the endless maps that we can play.
    I like mostly survival and am looking to five star the rest of the RL maps that I need. I don't want to focus CT until those are done.
  • ShadeDev said:

Sure, that's what I thought at first; just build the killbox close to the rift. But even when you have only one killbox to manage and while fighting in the middle of it, you never get past 1000-1500 coins at max because beyond that, you lose them faster than you can earn them. On some maps you can't build close to the rift, and when you have to do more than one killbox, you lose all your money before you can switch. So I still think the loss speed is much too high, and the fact that it's percentage-based means that there WILL be a threshold you can't go beyond. Surely there's a better way to make people place their traps fast.

I got the mod on patch day, so I can imagine that not many people got to try it. Nonetheless, I'm curious about other people's opinion on this mod. I can' say I'm having any fun playing with it, it's as frustrating as trying to eat soup with a fork. :(
    So, I just had my first game with the coin drain modifier. It was just a tier 3 challenge, so..
    I played as Maximilian on Frostbite and I ran towards the northern gate asap to spam a few traps up there, I think that I've lost roughly 2000-3000 gold until I got there. While I do think that there are work-arounds like practicing your trap setup a few times and then executing it as fast as possible and as close to the rift as possible, this kind of felt like the no go-breaks mod because you have to rush everything so fast to not lose so much coin. From my observations it looked like the drain rate is roughly at 1%/sec. So far, it didn't feel that unfun and uninteractive for me. Actually, I found it quite interesting to find a way to fight roughly where I want my traps to be placed to waste as little coin as possible. Though I'd imagine that this only goes well as long as your killbox does most of the job for you and you can afford to place traps during waves. I'm definitely not looking forward to having this mod on higher tiers, though. I'm thinking that the strategy then will be to try a setup a couple of times and trying to place everything as fast as possible and hoping that you don't get completely screwed by the coin loss. Or you just lose. Though I expect this eventually from chaos trials and losing because I wasn't able to deal with a certain mod (even if it is just having not enough coin) feels better than just being overpowered and unable to scratch the enemies.

But in my game, I found it quite interesting as I thought of many different strategies to what I was used to. As of right now, I think it is a bit too punishing before the first wave. Losing money later on, if you do not manage to place everything during the wave, that is an interesting interaction, as well as having to place traps for future waves earlier to not lose money rather than walking to the desired spot after the wave is over. I have to disagree that you lose coin faster than you can earn them and that you never have much more than 2000 coin. I was able to reach the trap limit of 110 by wave 9 and I was a little over 10000 coin at the end of waves 7 and 8 when I didn't spend much while fighting.

Basically, I like the idea of coin being drained over the course of the game, not so much losing a big chunk before the game even started. So far it has been pretty enjoyable, but I am convinced it will be absolutely neckbreaking on higher tiers.
  • LegnaLegna Member
    edited July 28
    This patch, ruin achievement of Oziel  for any mode play, "Soul Searching" Collect 2,000 soul stacks in 1 match with Oziel.
  • DonnerstagDonnerstag Member
    edited July 28
    Again about the coin drain mod, I think I must mention that I was playing with a teammate. Having your coin pool being divided between two players makes the mod much worse, because you can barely earn enough money to place one good trap per wave, and then by the next wave, your coins are mostly gone, so you can't really pool several waves' earnings... I feel this mod is manageable when playing solo (I've done it, it's still annoying and unfun in my personal opinion, but manageable), but it becomes really hard to work around as two players, and I don't even want to imagine what it's like with 3 players. You're basically stuck with placing the cheapest traps and that won't let you succede in later tiers. Get one "expensive traps" mod with it and your killboxes will look quite malnourished. Using percentages for it was, to me, a poor design decision because in some cases there's just nothing you can do.

Chaos Trials is a great mode, and I've played it a lot since it was launched. I've had a lot of fun with it. But some mods really cheapen the experience, so much so that I've just left some of my keys to rot because I wasn't having any fun playing them. Some mods make the game harder at the expense of the fun you have playing it, and I sincerely feel that "Coin Drain" is one of them.

EDIT: I also had the periodic healing aura one, and I must say that this one, on the other hand, is quite good!
  • SnugglerSnuggler Member
    Is there a forum thread specifically for ps4 OMD:U news? I'm trying to find out when Deadeye, Oziel, and Tundra are scheduled for release. Just purchased some gold and I'm debating whether to splurge or not. 
  • Nothing new at the moment.
  • i had coin drain, sappers and minions drop grenade on death.. needless to say i did not get all that far i was just not possible to keep up the coindrain for more than 1 killbox

i dont like the new mods, have not gotten mana/hp drain yet but i doubt ill be cheering when i get them..

• Again about the coin drain mod, I think I must mention that I was playing with a teammate. Having your coin pool being divided between two players makes the mod much worse, because you can barely earn enough money to place one good trap per wave, and then by the next wave, your coins are mostly gone, so you can't really pool several waves' earnings... I feel this mod is manageable when playing solo (I've done it, it's still annoying and unfun in my personal opinion, but manageable), but it becomes really hard to work around as two players, and I don't even want to imagine what it's like with 3 players. You're basically stuck with placing the cheapest traps and that won't let you succede in later tiers. Get one "expensive traps" mod with it and your killboxes will look quite malnourished. Using percentages for it was, to me, a poor design decision because in some cases there's just nothing you can do.

Chaos Trials is a great mode, and I've played it a lot since it was launched. I've had a lot of fun with it. But some mods really cheapen the experience, so much so that I've just left some of my keys to rot because I wasn't having any fun playing them. Some mods make the game harder at the expense of the fun you have playing it, and I sincerely feel that "Coin Drain" is one of them.

EDIT: I also had the periodic healing aura one, and I must say that this one, on the other hand, is quite good!
    Oh yeah, you have a good point, I can only imagine how annoying it would be with multiple people. Especially since the drain gets applied for each person individually, atleast I guess that. I just won a match on eventide fortress at tier 6 and I can say, it got way more annyoing. Since I was still able to let my killbox handle most of the spawns I could take care of other stuff and spend coin before they are depleted. Also, I think on frostbite you get your coin much faster, atleast that seems to be the case for my setups, so it was easier there to just spend all really fast. On the other hand on eventide fortress I had to sit around for a really long time in a place where I shouldn't be since I had to prepare the traps because the wave takes so long to end. I feel like the time and effort you have to put in to work around the coin drain is just way too much and it only works as long as your traps handle the majority of the waves alone, but once enemies start to need more attention, your coin generation gets pummeled very hard. And it still does take a pretty strong hit even if you spend most of the money instantly. 

The game before (tier 5) was in throne room where I didn't really notice anything, except that I really rushed at the start and that I didn't reach the trap limit at the end.

Actually, when I first saw it mentioned in the patch notes, I assumed it'd be similar to Max's upgrade, just the other way around. Like 3-5 coin per second. I still think it would be fair to wait for the drain until the first wave started, after that it feels really difficult, but somewhat fair. Generally, coin drain with counterplay is nice in my opinion, especially in contrast to expensive trap modifiers, but it feels like the coin drain has almost the same impact as expensive floor traps, when you work around it. Also, losing so much coin at the start of the game just doesn't feel okay. You lose so much during the whole game, these few bucks at the start would be appreciated. Also I think a flat coin drain would feel a lot better, even if it would be high, you still lose a lot as long as you aren't at 0, but it doesn't punish you so heavily for (having to) commit to fighting the wave and it doesn't deplete your starting cash that fast.

But so far, I'm having more trouble with some maps (especially highlands, my personal key killer) and the health scaling rather than most modifiers on their own.

Let's see how my opinion on this will be after I lost the trial a couple of times.
  • snakecsnakec Member
    Is the assassin mercenary bugged since this release. I had one survival game with zoey and another chaos trials game with bloodspike and in both cases direct hits to the assassin didn't register damage. In both cases the now-immortal assassin mercenary killed the character and killed the guard then on hero re-spawn was able to take damage. I'm not sure if it is all the time but seems like there is a conditional immortal situation here. Other mercenaries don't seem affected and I am not sure if it is every time or not.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @Darklokey If I could trouble you for your time, could you elaborate on why you don't enjoy CT and Sabotage at all? Is there anything we could do (without having to change the core idea of the modes) that would make them interesting for you? Are there specific reasons they are completely uninteresting to you or are their basic concepts just not for you? 

@snakec I know you already mentioned this was in Survival, but just to make sure, this was a regular Survival map, not a Chaos Trial? 
    German Community Manager