Release 2.3 for PC - Deadeye

1235»

Comments

• TuphonTuphon Member
    I just played a full game of rift lord and used my Oziel ability haunting spirits 3 times total. But hey, atleast it has no cooldown any more. RIP my fav character ozzy.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited July 31
    Just to add something.
    Minions gets stuck at unreachable places or in walls nearly every game.
    It is not tied to a mode because it happened on the following maps for me yesterday:
    CT Confluence
    RL Academy Sewers
    RL Avalanche
    Sabotage Stables at Eventide
    Sabotage Banquet Hall

it's quite nice that you fixed the bug in throne room but it feels more like you moved the bug to every other map

• Rolling with DeadEye sometimes(pretty often on some maps) causes the /unstuck to trigger. Can be easily reproduced near the top gate on Throne Room. You roll towards the pit and get pushed back to the bridge
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Rolling with DeadEye sometimes(pretty often on some maps) causes the /unstuck to trigger. Can be easily reproduced near the top gate on Throne Room. You roll towards the pit and get pushed back to the bridge
    Never happened to me, how exactly you do that? What do you mean by /unstuck though?
  • Rolling with DeadEye sometimes(pretty often on some maps) causes the /unstuck to trigger. Can be easily reproduced near the top gate on Throne Room. You roll towards the pit and get pushed back to the bridge
    Never happened to me, how exactly you do that? What do you mean by /unstuck though?
    If you played MMOs you would be familiar with this command. It doesn't work here, but it is available in a lot of games. Basically it recalculates your position and moves you to the nearest "safe" for pathing/collision place. That is why some mobs, that are thrown to the wall appear behind it. I have seen it on Throne Room and on Frostbite. I will try to play with Shadowplay on to capture it
    Rolling with DeadEye sometimes(pretty often on some maps) causes the /unstuck to trigger. Can be easily reproduced near the top gate on Throne Room. You roll towards the pit and get pushed back to the bridge
    If you played MMOs you would be familiar with this command. It doesn't work here, but it is available in a lot of games. Basically it recalculates your position and moves you to the nearest "safe" for pathing/collision place. That is why some mobs, that are thrown to the wall appear behind it. I have seen it on Throne Room and on Frostbite. I will try to play with Shadowplay on to capture it
    Well I have played many MMOs, usually the command just teleports you somewhere else. But the only unstuck in this game is the Alt+k feature. I haven't seen any case of what you describe while playing Deadeye, you can roll out of the map if you want to.
    Well I have played many MMOs, usually the command just teleports you somewhere else. But the only unstuck in this game is the Alt+k feature. I haven't seen any case of what you describe while playing Deadeye, you can roll out of the map if you want to.
    I have captured something now. It is exporting, And I would have to cut most of the parts. So I will post it later. Seems like I can't reproduce this bug with pushing me backwards from the pit. Maybe it was bad ping, or just first day, I don't know. But I could get to some unusual places) You can climb some walls with this roll
    I have captured something now. It is exporting, And I would have to cut most of the parts. So I will post it later. Seems like I can't reproduce this bug with pushing me backwards from the pit. Maybe it was bad ping, or just first day, I don't know. But I could get to some unusual places) You can climb some walls with this roll
    Oh yeah, I'm aware of the roll climbing, I reported it earlier.
  • snakecsnakec Member
    @sashimiak  both CT with zoey and Sabotage with bloodspike. 
  • TeckTeck Member
    edited August 4
    I overall like most of the changes in this recent patch.  Deadeye is a very fun character to play.  I truly enjoy that there seemed to be a more focused goal of fun facter versus balance on her.  With the move set she has, there is much more variation to versatility than other heroes allowing for more robust playstyles as I see it.  I have found though, that I almost never use "outta the way" at all.  At first I believed it would be very useful, but in practice it feels a little too rough in execution.  It tends to interrupt attacking too much with not enough of a bonus to use it offensively and too slow in execution to use defensively.  I think there's an issue when I have to consciously stop firing and actively wait a split moment before activating it for it to be successful.  I would allow it to be used during an attack more fluidly or maybe allow it's execution to add a stack of infamous in order to maintain the buff between waves or even prebuffer for upcoming enemies.  Also I find using left shift for it cumbersome.  I think a button binding option really needs to be added for this and other moves.  I have a 6 button mouse and would find "mouse 4" or "R" a perfect spot for this maneuver.  I've been wanting to rebind certain keys for a long while now.  Also the tier 3 upgrade "Burnin Hate" has damage that seems so low I almost think its a glitch.  In comparison to the "Hard Knocks" upgrade it does not compete at all.

I'm curious as to the changes to Ivy and Tundra's hit cap of 10 being dropped to 8.  Both notes state that in either situation hitting 10 enemies was very rare, but I have to disagree.  While in a standard wave blindly firing into a group would most likely not hit more than 8 enemies, I quite often barricade and tar enemies into groups where this was not that uncommon.  I won't comment on whether these situations seemed over powered, but the efficacy of nailing 10 enemies with either attack relied more on funneling skill as far as I'm concerned.

As far as other changes/notes I don't have much input due to having not specifically tested them or not seeing any face value issues on paper.  Truth be told, from just what I'm reading I like most of the changes in theory.
  • Teck said:
    Also the tier 3 upgrade "Burnin Hate" has damage that seems so low I almost think its a glitch.  In comparison to the "Hard Knocks" upgrade it does not compete at all.

Thanks for pointing this out, I wouldn't have noticed that without you because it is kinda hard to tell what is actually doing damage and what isn't at times. I just tested this and if I had to guess, it'd be about 1 DPS for that upgrade. And I think that is a very realistic guess.
    Teck said:
    Also the tier 3 upgrade "Burnin Hate" has damage that seems so low I almost think its a glitch.  In comparison to the "Hard Knocks" upgrade it does not compete at all.

Thanks for pointing this out, I wouldn't have noticed that without you because it is kinda hard to tell what is actually doing damage and what isn't at times. I just tested this and if I had to guess, it'd be about 1 DPS for that upgrade. And I think that is a very realistic guess.
    It is a known bug, it deals no damage at all.
  • TeckTeck Member
    Teck said:

It is a known bug, it deals no damage at all.
    That's good to know.
1235»