Congrats

AngrySantaAngrySanta Member
edited July 23 in Bugs & Technical Issues
You made an "apprentice" level harder than bloodbourne and dark souls combined.  So instead of an enjoyable learning curve, I got wrecked, disappointed and uninstalled the game.

So if that was your goal, You succeeded.

Comments

• Apprentice level is harder than... that's a very funny one...  =)

Let me guess... you skip the prologue and went at it without traps...
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    I'm sorry to hear you found your first experiences with OMD!U so unenjoyable. What map specifically did you have trouble with? 
    German Community Manager
  • AngrySantaAngrySanta Member
    edited July 23
    LunaSling said:
    Apprentice level is harder than... that's a very funny one...  =)

Let me guess... you skip the prologue and went at it without traps...
    BZZZ  Wrong.   Got all the traps, Get destroyed each time,  After the 30th time it was the law of diminishing returns and became too much of a chore.

I was mistaken about bloodbourne. Because in that game you can actually make progress.

So in summary:

Can't upgrade traps because you need chests from the battleground, Which, it seems, are only awarded if you win.

Tried all three heroes and only ever got to the 4th wave by using the wolfs clones.

Tried Guardian timing, If I wait until the 3rd wave the portal will have roughly 5-9 points left if I'm lucky.  If I place it earlier the guardian will die and the portal will get owned shortly after. 

Tried various trap combinations and nothing does the job.

So please do tell me, What elusive secret I missed.
    Which map are you having trouble with? Strategies can vary greatly depending on the specific map you are playing so it is hard to give pointers without knowing which one you are playing.
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    Which map are you having trouble with? Strategies can vary greatly depending on the specific map you are playing so it is hard to give pointers without knowing which one you are playing.
    All of them but I'll pick one at random; Apprentice 'The Baths'
    Take a look at these:

Wave 1: https://ibb.co/fDq8h5

Wave 2: https://ibb.co/b59125

Later on: https://ibb.co/fz1QUk

Keep in mind my traps will look different since my account level is higher and I have upgraded my traps. You might also not be able to afford all of the traps shown in the screens as early as I am due to traits and parts, but if you set up close to this you should be good to go.
    German Community Manager
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    @AngrySanta Are you playing on PS4 or PC? Did you play the first games OMD or OMD2?

I haven't seen many people complain about Apprentice difficulty, maybe you are forgetting to use some important mechanic? Have you watched some video or someone else beat those levels, that should help a lot.

• Beat me to it @sashimiak heres my images XD

first wave:

2nd wave:

later on:

Tip: just keep shooting the enemies while walking backwards. Your primary does more damage than any trap.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • @AngrySanta Are you playing on PS4 or PC? Did you play the first games OMD or OMD2?

I haven't seen many people complain about Apprentice difficulty, maybe you are forgetting to use some important mechanic? Have you watched some video or someone else beat those levels, that should help a lot.

PS4 OMD:U
  • xciencexcience Member, Early Access
    edited August 7
    Look at it this way you may have had a bad first experience due to learning curve... But check out the support of not only your community but the people who run this game
  • TheetisTheetis Member
    I suppose I really should work on my guide for every map. I can't believe some people actually struggle on apprentice
  • Angry - did you R3 to play with random teammates, or play the maps solo?  It helps a lot to play the game with friends in a group (it's also more fun that way).