Initial feelings of Deadeye

2»

Comments

• xpendersxxpendersx Member
    edited July 31
     i just did a 3 man Riftlord as Deadeye. i wanted to cry my lord, not even the upcoming passive change will make it better for me. i'd say less aoe and more burst.. there is no point in hitting like 10-15 minions at once if u do crap for damage, i'd rather shoot 1-3 minions and feel more bursty.. trying to kill giants/trolls takes forever if not near impossible at higer level content...
    Post edited by xpendersx on
  • vrmlbasic said:

My only hangup on the move so far has been that in order to roll to the left I have to shift my hand positioning. 

...Given the outta-left-field "Wild West" theme of Deadeye, and OMDU's shared history of voice actors, I was a tad surprised that the character doesn't sound like The Sheriff from Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel.
    Would it work better for you if the roll was on RMB? I'm playing on a controller with an FPS-style layout, so it's on X/Square for me. It plays pretty well that way (except the activation delay - that's annoying). But the default keyboard placement seems like it would require a bit much finger contortion.
  • Do you remember when new quest was introduced - kill this, kill that - and if you played in group you steal your kills to eachother? It is same with deadeye and her passive. As solo, it is ok to have kill condition, but play in party and getting passive up is quite a problem. Everything steal your kills - traps, players. And getting your last hit is so damn pain with her small continious dmg. It would be nice if it would changed from kill to assist. Experience of her passive in solo and in groupd is very different.

Her pointy fence - I must cry everytime I want to use it on long range. Deadeye is ranged with precise attack(oposit of max) so she can nicely attack from large distance and her pointy fence can be use only on so short distance.

Her bomb could bounce farther and detonate little more late. Or remove time detonate and keep hit detonation and add detonation by player with pressing RMB(activation of bomb second time).
  • KjubyKjuby Member
    Is there way to cancel deadeye AoE buff/mode cuz single target damage is reduces then? 
  • SpiffspooSpiffspoo Member
    edited September 2
    Her fire AOE upgrade for the bouncy bomb doesn't look like it does any damage.  It can make enemies panic though.  Tried it on an unstable rift and the rift took no extra damage during the entire duration of the aoe, but it wiggled furiously.  Then used razorweed on the rift with the damage over time upgrade and it was clearly taking damage over time.

Her dodge should have more distance, but a slightly longer cool down.

Most of the issues I have seen have already been brought up.

EDIT:
    Looks like her fire aoe upgrade does about half the damage as the razorweed dot upgrade now.  Not a whole lot, but you can fire the bouncy bomb more often so it has a higher up time.
    Post edited by Spiffspoo on
  • Her dodge should have more distance, but a slightly longer cool down.

I'd rather not see cooldown gimps on the mobility options.  A cooldown on a role doesn't make much sense anyhow, as it's nothing magical.   I'd suggest that it should only use mana if the player has selected the offensive Weavers for it.

...BTW, is Deadeye supposed to be related to Bionka somehow?  The voice really throws me off lol.

Also, since she was given a "wild west" motif, perhaps the Clint Eastwood inspired skin should be the default?   The current default skin doesn't jibe with the character, it's akin to if the ninja skin were Gabriella's default option.

• @Bloodess, I disagree about the razor wire. Whilst you are correct what Deadeye should maintain a distance, her razorwire is good when things get too close. It has a throw range to it which isn't far, but isn't too bad. 

Her bomb does pretty good burst damage and can take out unstable rifts in one hit.

The way I have been playing her in survival up to and including RIft Lord levels is using a combo like this:
    1. Razorwire
    2. Fire wall (from fire wall bracers)
    3. Roll back
    4. Primary attack
    5. Bomb
  • yobbobear said:
    @Bloodess, I disagree about the razor wire. Whilst you are correct what Deadeye should maintain a distance, her razorwire is good when things get too close. It has a throw range to it which isn't far, but isn't too bad. 

Her bomb does pretty good burst damage and can take out unstable rifts in one hit.

The way I have been playing her in survival up to and including RIft Lord levels is using a combo like this:
    1. Razorwire
    2. Fire wall (from fire wall bracers)
    3. Roll back
    4. Primary attack
    5. Bomb

I suppose you have account lvl 90+ maby 100, so stuff is not balanced for us with Rift Lord(RL) survival. For me game start to be not boring in Chaos Trial(CT) lvl 4+. At this lvl minions have quite lot of hp and razorwire dont have big effect on single minon.
    Therefore I disagree with with ,,razorwire is good when things get too close,, . Its good when used on large number of minion, best if placed near gate or start of killbox. If you keep your distance, application of razorwire is quite dificult. When you dont have killbox (example - start of game) it is nice, like portable slow. But later in game is not so good. When you have killbox and something get through your killbox it is usually something bigger and bomb help much more than razorwire, and specially when you pick stun from weaver.
    I would not complain so much if she have bigger mobility so applying rozorwire on close range would be acceptable, but her roll is short. Someones complain about if it would be longer we would fall of cliffs but since we can jump big distance with Midnight and Gaby, its not valid argument for me.
    What bugged me most is questions:
    Do devs just pick tundras wall and mod it little or it was intended to be this short cast range and why?
    Should razorwire ability help with dmg or help with things that get too close? (in case of ,,get too close,, i would expect long cd but strong effect)
  • Correct Bloodess, I was really referring to the razor wire's(bramble's?) slowing nature being useful, not it being an instant kill source of damage. 

Not all heroes have big damage abilities, some have crowd controls such as slow or stun. This is what makes heroes unique, otherwise they would all play the same way. 
2»