Oziel patch 2.3 changes - what do you guys think about them so far?

2»

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    ElSol said:
    I like how he changed now. I guess it was with todays patch @ShadeDev? That he now collects more souls is great. It feels realy good playing him, that you can wait and collect more souls and then when orc hits the fan use your E twice gives him real depth in playstyle. Though I kind of have the feeling he collects more then the 300 Soulstacks that get shown.
    Yes, this was changed today.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • went back to the drawing board with this one and came up with a wacky build.  Spoiler: it sucks, cuz Oz still sucks.

I tried a tank oziel build.  Heres why I thought it could work. 
    • health siphons are kinda strong
    • Oz has the most sustainable heal, albeit passive.  Its also pretty darn strong. 
    • oz also has lifesteal
    • oz is one of the few heroes that can specialize in killing large minions to keep the kills coming and not have to tank a fatty for very long.
    Heres what I used to try and make it work
    • vtar with 2 health siphons.  Place 2 in your vicinity.
    • webspinner with vanity plate and xp siphon ( have t6 webspinner only, otherwise double xp siphon)(we want to get to T3 asap)
    • shield
    • ballista with heavy trigger
    • High Pain Tolerance blue trait
    • overachiever yellow trait (we want to get to T3 asap)
    Heres what went well
    • This actually kinda works in survival.  You become kinda hard to kill cuz even if you can hold 1 spot, you can back up a lil heal with lifesteal and reengage.  
    • The heal from siphon and passive can regen quite a lot 
    • you still suck against kobolds, but assuming you have a team, they are amazing at helping you tank thanks to constant heals. 
    • Nothing really hits you fast enough to bust through the healing.  A momentary backup pretty much allows you to heal  all the way back up.
    • HP pool didnt hinder much at all. 
    Heres why it still sucks
    • Sabotage sudden death cuts hp in half andyou get one shot
    • you do little dmg.  (not terrible by itself, but you need teammates)
    • Centers on the team focus being to stall instead of do dmg and kill.  Need friends who know the plan. 
    I really dont think the new Oz is that good, this is a stopgap measure, but the base problem is that his structure doesnt fit with survival.  he needs a true revamp and that is all thats gonna save him.  Im experimenting around trying to find a style, but his fundamental problem remains that hes not good at anything and poor in some things. His E haunt skill is just trash no matter how many times you can cast it.  The souls haunt WAY too slow and the extra dmg only applies if oz hits it with right or left click, and initial jar dmg.  Sustain jar dmg doesnt even pop the spirit. wtf. It is fun casting E a bunch tho, but only because the E from siege days was crazy strong and it still feels strong, but thats a placebo.  Its trash.

• AxonyAxony Member
    maybe they should put him where Kobold King and Sir Winston are? the secret waiting for rework chamber.
    Or use his old Ancestor kit which would make him a support hybrid and would fit pretty nice right now
  • went back to the drawing board with this one and came up with a wacky build.  Spoiler: it sucks, cuz Oz still sucks.
    Because Oziel likes sucking out peoples souls.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • RezsekRezsek Member
    So played with him a little bit the last few days.  He was my first hero I bought and I loved him.  Now he is meh.  He feels stronger but he is now middle of the pack.  I don't understand the need to change him because the game isn't a MOBA.  I enjoyed him when it wasn't a MOBA because it was different than other chars.  He was weak at the beginning which I liked then became more powerful which makes sense.  The soul stacking achievement is invalid now which I would think would have been noticed when this change was being decided but I guess not.  I do not understand why the souls cannot still stack up to whatever and you can use the E ability to just subtract the 75 souls.  I think if they are going to use souls then no mana should be used.  Also he feels now like a mana hog with a very small pool.  That was nice when you could keep increasing your mana pool since at the beginning it was a pain but at the end you might have to siphon rarely.

TLDR: Was my favorite and now is not.  Is stronger at beginning of the game but weak long term.  Would not recommend.
  • Rezsek said:
    I do not understand why the souls cannot still stack up to whatever and you can use the E ability to just subtract the 75 souls.
    They have done it now max is 300. He feels better in the weekly he is op since there is lots of small minions.
  • Ozziel is good now with that 300 cap. Probably working as intended. Problem is still his speed, flying hero, but flying dam slow. When I dont have mana well or rift near, my playstile is wrath, attack, wrath, siphon, wrath, attack, wrath. And it feel more like waiting for wrath cooldown and waiting on siphoning to full than managing mana and life, and life specialy. It like - wrath, och I have to wait for another. I thing it would be much more interesting to remove cd for wrath and let players manage recources. Also maby we could get rid of mana and let Ozziel paid everything in his life. Insted of mana give him bar with souls. Playing would be much more free of cooldowns and more about players able to manage his health. Siphon could be use and speed boost at cost of health.

Anyway, if you have time, you could try fix Ozziel nonintended upgrade. When you pick III G. So everytime you use wrath you get soul and when you use haunt, you generate like 20+ souls per hit with wrath, so you are able to keep it until end of game. It is quite fun :)
    Och I get it now. I was wondering where it come from. You generate one soul per every minion you hit with explosion from hounting spirit hitted with wrath, so you generate quite lot of souls.
  • oziel is really strong ! i've 300 souls permanently ! and i can use his epic all time ! i think a little cooldown is necessary ! maybe 20 second after used his epic 

went back to the drawing board with this one and came up with a wacky build.  Spoiler: it sucks, cuz Oz still sucks.

I tried a tank oziel build.  Heres why I thought it could work. 
    • health siphons are kinda strong
    • Oz has the most sustainable heal, albeit passive.  Its also pretty darn strong. 
    • oz also has lifesteal
    • oz is one of the few heroes that can specialize in killing large minions to keep the kills coming and not have to tank a fatty for very long.
    Heres what I used to try and make it work
    • vtar with 2 health siphons.  Place 2 in your vicinity.
    • webspinner with vanity plate and xp siphon ( have t6 webspinner only, otherwise double xp siphon)(we want to get to T3 asap)
    • shield
    • ballista with heavy trigger
    • High Pain Tolerance blue trait
    • overachiever yellow trait (we want to get to T3 asap)

I use health and mana siphons on vtar and it's really sufficient ! 

If you want take lvl more fast, i use overachiever to stars lvl2, use experience potion for passed lvl 4 and coin forge with 3 xp siphon, so you gain 9xp/mob !
  • You have 300 souls all the time because he is bugged
  • no ! when i use  epic, 75 souls are used ! 
  • bennytor said:
    no ! when i use  epic, 75 souls are used ! 

He gets way more souls from kills than he should (you need to kill around 10 minions to get 75 stacks)
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Did some keys with him over the last few days.

300 Haunt Limit is much better than 75.

He does start off a lot stronger now, but still really struggles until you can start keeping haunt up.
    He has super low health and can be one shotted pretty easy so it can be tough to gather souls early in the game.

You really need his wraith weaver now - as once you get that it seems to get a lot more souls.
    Once you can get the AOE Haunt you can then really gather souls and keep haunt up until death.

Other Heroes that start out strong still out damage him by quite a bit at first - but you catch up once you get the 3rd/4th Weaver.  

If this still needs tuning I wouldn't reduce it by much - Oz should be able to haunt 2 times per wave min late game if you want him to compete with the other DPS.  And OZ is 100% DPS, no control/support at all - he needs high DPS to choose him over another hero.
  • xciencexcience Member, Early Access
    He's almost there. He's a bit to strong once you get the key weaver that steamrolls souls to him. He's so strong that you can just bully chaos t7+ with him now and outdps anyone on your team. Expecialy if your gear and traits give exp and level bonuses. Right now going unchained with him doesn't seem to be inpactful. Honestly early on you feel like your never unchained. Later you feel like your always.

Making it a bit easier to get souls early on and a bit harder to get souls later on and he will feel balanced to me. 

Possibly make any soul he gathers after 75 to to degrade over time. Or have other uses for souls once you hit the 75 which drains them down to 75. Being able to haunt full time is just silly.
  • I just returned to the game and i am extremely disappointed!
    I never care if hero is strong or weak all i care is his look, lore and character.
    He was bad orc soul collector who became strong with each soul and what do we have now.Use souls to cast E...
    He was the reason i played, i even returned :(
  • KjubyKjuby Member
    I use Oziel as "gear master". Fire wall + storm cloud + Q ability. Right click is for Boss/big minions killing. E ability is useless most the time.
  • Kjuby said:
    I use Oziel as "gear master". Fire wall + storm cloud + Q ability. Right click is for Boss/big minions killing. E ability is useless most the time.
    I do the same, i agree that new E is useless.
    Old E was extremely powerful (most powerful) ability in the game. When you got AOE damage perk. It was dealing a lot of aoe more than Smolter can dream of.
2»