Update 1.03 for PlayStation
Release: August 1, 2017
New hero: Oziel
New: The iMage MercenaryThe iMage is an enemy that splits into multiple variations: Arcane, Fire, Frost, and Lightning. Each variation fires a unique ranged attack. However, only one of the illusions is the real mercenary. If you happen to kill the real one, all of the images will die.
New: Premium Shoppe Skins
- Dragon Tamer Ivy
- Dragon Ward Hogarth
Updated: Play Screen
We have revamped the play screen to make it easier to discover the modes that OMD!U has to offer.
The survival experience quest has been changed to: Win 5 Survival Matchmade Games. Reward: Chest.
- Sabotage matchmaking will now pick easier battlegrounds when there is a high skill separation between players.
- Players will now lose rank for leaving/disconnecting from a game.
- Sabotage matchmaking will now more aggressively try to create games with:
- Similar account level
- Similar skill level
- Similar party size
Developer Comment: As the population becomes more experienced, the matchmaker will need to become more intelligent. These changes will help parties and high-level players be better matched.
- An "Expand Info" button has been added to the Survival screen. This allows you to see map, minion, and faction information.
- We have added new visual indicators during the match which highlight the players that have taken the most damage, dealt the most trap damage, or dealt the most hero damage. These badges will update in real time during the game.
- 4 new titles have been added to the game, available to everyone.
- We have increased the maximum number of loadouts to 14 (from 8).
- Player rating on the touchpad-screen and post-game stats has been removed.
- Players can now enable a game/par timer to be visible at all times via the options menu.
- Receiving a party invite will now provide a toast notification, rather than a pop-up. This is designed to reduce interruptions in the dashboard.
- We have updated minion consumable card backs to have more information regarding minion keywords/skills.
- Enemy team stats are no longer displayed in Sabotage. These stats were providing the wrong impression, because minions have greater health when facing higher level teams.
- Guardian text during the loadout phase of pre-game now shows abilities.
- Minion portals will now appear red during go-breaks if they will spawn immediately after the go-break.
- The game is now available in Russian and Spanish!
Sounds and Effects
- In-game music has been updated with more tracks. Existing tracks have been rock-ified. Additional changes are coming in the future.
- The visuals for all staffs in Sabotage have been updated.
- Fireling death effects are now much clearer.
- Sabotage now requires players to be account level 5. If you group with other players who are higher level, we ignore this restriction.
- Make consumables feel more impactful. We know it can feel unimpactful to use many spells/minions, so we targeted a series of changes to improve them.
- The countdown timer during hero select has been reduced by 30 seconds.
- The countdown timer during the first go-break has been reduced by 30 seconds in Sabotage only.
- The go-break timer between waves has been increased to 45 seconds (from 30) for apprentice maps.
- Many Sabotage consumable achievements have been made easier to complete.
- Sudden death now provides increasing control resistance to minions.
- Most minion consumables have had their minion count increased by 25 to 50%, with the exception of base set kobolds, mages, and gnolls.
- Powerful consumables are now less likely to appear during the early game.
- Throne Room has been made significantly more challenging in Sabotage.
- Banquet Hall sudden death has been made more challenging in high difficulties.
- "The Bomb" spell timer has been reduced to 4 seconds, from 5.
- "More Aggro" spell now increases aggro by an additional 50%.
- "Coin Drain Aura" now drains twice as much coin each second. However, its duration has been reduced to 10 seconds, from 20.
- Spell consumables that deal damage now deal damage as percent health.
- Many waves have been updated. In general, early waves are easier, while later waves are harder.
- Reduce the number of games that end on wave 1 or 2.
- Create more comebacks. We know it stinks to lose a few rift points early and feel unable to score later in the match.
- Now provides increasing control resistance to minions every wave after wave 25.
- The score bonus for completing a wave has been decreased to 5%, from 15%. As a result of this change, we are wiping Endless leaderboards with patch 2.2.
- Reduced the difficulty of wave 3 on Banquet Hall (apprentice), wave 5 of Highlands (apprentice), waves 3-5 of Restricted Section (warmage), and waves 7-8 of Temple Graveyard (warmage).
- Crogon Keep Warmage wave 8 spawns fewer orcs.
- Stables Master no longer spawns Ice Kobolds on wave 2.
- Every wave on sewers and orcrila master updated.
- Master Falling Folley spawns fewer earthlings.
- Added several go breaks to Apprentice Baths, Eventide Ramparts, and Banquet Hall.
- Light Orcs now properly run 20% slower.
- Go-breaks are now 4x as long in solo games, including the first go-break.
- Orcrila/Sewer waves and pathing have been updated.
- Several par times have been made easier.
- Several maps in Apprentice have been made more challenging for 2 and 3 player parties.
- Teacup Gnoll Breeder's Teacup Gnolls no longer mini-stun their target for 0.1 seconds on attack.
- Increased the attack width of his primary attack by 25%.
- Mana increased to 200 (from 185).
- Delicious Meals now restore 3x as much health and now also reduce Bloodspike's cooldowns by 5% when consumed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bloodspike to receive less than the intended amount of max health when collecting delicious meals with the corresponding weaver upgrade.
Developer Comment: Bloodspike's Delicious Meals have been nearly unnoticeable for quite a while. These changes will help them become far more relevant. In addition, the wider attack width should help with some surrounding criticisms regarding his primary attack's difficulty of use.
- Lowered the range of Hogarth's leap by a large amount. This is intended to buff the usability of his skill to hit minions, rather than act as a nerf.
- Hogarth's shield now slows nearby enemies by 25% for its duration.
- Hogarth's first weaver upgrade now causes his shield to slow fast minions by twice as much.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Hogarth's aggro bonus weaver upgrade to not apply the full 40% bonus.
Developer Comment: We want Hogarth to be a tank and control king. However, he is still lacking in this area, so we have buffed his baseline utility in these areas.
- All upgrades associated with Ivy's "Life Current" ability will now apply to Ivy IN ADDITION to allies, rather than only allies.
- Nature's Swiftness now increases allied movespeed by 30% (up from 15%).
- Warden's Tutelage now decreases the mana cost of Penetrating Shot by -20 (from -15).
- Life Current now restores +50% more health per second.
- Life Current radius increased by 100%.
- Reach of Roots cooldown increased to 14 seconds (from 12).
- Reach of Roots now reduces enemy armor by -50 (improved from -40).
- The Natural Knack upgrade now reduces the cooldown of Reach of Roots by 15% (down from 25%).
Developer Comment: Ivy is currently acting as a "one trick pony" oriented around Reach of Roots. These changes are designed to open up more build options for Ivy without changing her overall power level.
- Ivy's passive no longer triggers when she is low on health. Instead, it now provides her with a movespeed bonus when she spawns or re-spawns.
- Ivy passive cooldown removed.
Developer Comment: The lack of control over Ivy's passive has been a subject of criticism for some time. It often triggers at unexpected times, making it hard to utilize its benefit. This change is designed to allow Ivy to get greater use of her passive.
- Reduced the cooldown of "From The Ashes" passive to 90 seconds (from 150).
Traps and Parts
Cost reduced to 300 coin (from 700).
Cost reduced to 2000 coin (from 3000).
Cooldown now resets at the start of a wave, rather than after 50 seconds.
Unchained Resonator Part
Increased by 300%.
Experience gain increased by 40%.
Revenge Rune Part
Now deals 75% of minion health (from 100%).
Reflective Armor Part
Now reflects 200% of damage (from 50%).
Mana Siphon Part
Now restores half as much mana.
Health Siphon Part
Now restores half as much health.
Ice Resonator Part
Increases damage by 90% (from 70%).
Fire Resonator Part
Increases damage by 30% (from 35%).
Control Resonator Part
Increases damage by 30% (from 35%).
Bounty Generator Part
Increases bounty by 2% (from 1%).Cap changed to 20% (from 50%).
- Fixed an issue where clicking "Buy Now" under "How to Obtain" caused the dashboard to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue where base set consumables would show up as owned during loadout select.
- Fixed several issues with minion clipping on Orcri-la.
- Fixed an issue where consumables had a larger area than displayed.
- Fixed an issue where trap projections could persist forever.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ivy's defeat animation to play incorrectly when using the Valkyrie skin.
- Fixed an issue that could cause heroes to flash during their defeat animation.
- Fixed an issue where your cursor could remain on screen during Sabotage.
- Fixed a bug where Wall Building PhD would not provide the full amount of health regeneration.
- Fixed several bugs related to minion card back information for sabotage consumables.
- Fixed a bug where barricade destroying minions would occasionally not target barricades when they should.
- Fixed many tooltips associated with tiering upgrades.
Robot Entertainment | Former Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on