Orc Invasion Event Feedback

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
Hey War Mages!

After a bit of a delay this morning, we've got the first community event up and running! Let us know what you think about the event in this thread.

This weekend's event has a different goal for each of the 4 days and is only available for PC players, but we are planning another weekend event soon for PS4 players as well, and that one will have several concurrent goals set to run for the entire 4 day event. The Endless Summer event will follow soon after that, and we are collecting feedback and suggestions to help make future events even more fun and rewarding.
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager

Comments

• lielsliels Member
    Apparently it's coming soon ... 17.5 hours from now ... and no more information that that.  What is it?  How does one participate if one is so inclined?
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    The daily objectives will become visible once the event is active, but you can find additional details in the blog post!

https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/news/weekendevent
  • Looking forward to it :D 
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • I had a weird idea that one of the rewards for a community event, be an infinite reskinned minion to all those that participate
    So like
    Blue light orcs for sabotage
    No differences apart from design
    I dunno, that and some bigger better reward would be really nice
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
  • A special event where all the heroes are orc size and all the orcs are the heroes size.

Living in a world of giants.
  • A special event where all the heroes are orc size and all the orcs are the heroes size.

Living in a world of giants.
    Ok that would actaually be kind of funny
    But 3 hours remain
    I cant wait!
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
  • AxonyAxony Member
    the event rewards are just 4 chests.
    1 apprentice, 1 warmage, 1 master, 1 riftlord and if we finish alls 5 days we get a riftlord chest for free!!!!!!!!!elf11111 . Amazing i will get 5 Gibs Chests!
    So nothing special and nothing useful
  • Oh well
    Thats a bit disappointing
    Well it is the first event so eh
    but still, something would be nice really
    MAybe a vanity chest for everyone if we kill enough orcs
    THAT would get me trying

• xciencexcience Member, Early Access
    edited August 3
    There should be Guild based Awards for these events. Top guilds get a prize. Guilds grow communities... This is a community event
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Please no

I don't want to join a Guild justto get a reward
  • SerenceSerence Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    I don't usually chime in but looking at how much progress the goal 1 currently has, which is 4 or so percent, for the time limit of one day does not seem to be possible to succeed. 
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    You guys should keep in mind that is has been stated that it would be a TEST event so it's the first ever event we have like this and hopefully next ones can learn from this one.

Now that it's working after the issues, I'll give my first impressions:

It's a good idea, engaging the community to maybe play some certain maps or strategies or X to work towards a cooperative goal.
    I also want to think that there will be more variety than not just the basic killing orcs in the next events. Same goes for the rewards, they can feel quite underwhelming for a lot of people, but hopefully they are better the next ones.

However the even lacks a lot of information. We can't see the actual numbers of the progress or our own total contribution.
    I see the event contributions box as something pretty bad, it shows in "real-time" other player recent contributions, and your own but it takes several minutes until you can see your just finished match contribution. You can't even scroll it.

I'd prefer by a very huge margin to just be able to see my own contributions or total contribution. I would even like more to have a leaaderboard with top player and guild contributors. And it would be a very very great addition to actually have extra prizes for the top contributors.
  • It started late, and the peak players is in a few hours.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
    This is the first community event so the devs will get data on how to better calibrate future ones. I guess I've forgotten about peak hours.
  • Considering the reward, this event seems alright to me
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    edited August 3
    At the present rate, goal 1 might be completed within 12 hours!! :)

FWIW, we did also base these goals on real data for the number of orcs killed. I assure you, I'm not just really, really mean! 
    Harmonia said:
    At the present rate, goal 1 might be completed within 12 hours!! :)

FWIW, we did also base these goals on real data for the number of orcs killed. I assure you, I'm not just really, really mean! 
    Appreciate it, guess to me it just didn't look do-able. 
    @Serence Yeah, when I saw the data I was surprised myself! So. Many. Orcs. So. Many. Deaths. A week-long goal would be a huuuuuge number!
    Why did I doubt this community's thirst to end orc lives. If this keeps up there might be an orc lives matter movement.
  • grasher134grasher134 Member
    edited August 3
    As high lvl player, all I can say that it is there. That is all. I'm glad that you have the technology. I really hope you have something more exciting for goals and rewards in future. As for now, those 5 chests probably won't make a difference for me. Maybe giving rare traps in those chests would make me think other way. Also agree with TimeMaster about showing my personal contribution, or top contributors would be nice. 

Events are all about exclusivity, altered mechanics and other stuff. Or something like double XP weekend. Or double Skulls New Year event. But giving us the same thing, you give us every time for the same thing we do every game is not exciting at all. If you checked the numbers, and I believe you do, we will be to complete every challenge easily.