Orc Invasion Event Feedback

Comments

• which mode have the most light green orc ? 

is it restrict selection? 
  • DrathmarDrathmar Member
    edited August 3
     it's cool to engage the community, but hard to tell what I'm contributing

Would really like a personal/Guild ticker above the "event contributors" announcer on profile -> event. The announcer is cool, but i don't think you'll ever be able to see your own name on it.

Going one step further would be nice too, have something you click on to show your/guild contribution detailed history, who knows, seems fun.

The total is already up to 30%
  • NananeaNananea Member, Moderator, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access
    Serence said:
    Why did I doubt this community's thirst to end orc lives. If this keeps up there might be an orc lives matter movement.
    http://orcsmustlive.com/

Yes, it's a real site.
    NananeaOMD
    Robot Entertainment | Community Video Coordinator | Skull Ninja
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    @grasher134 Being a smaller, weekend event the prizes are pretty basic, but we have cool exclusive rewards planned for larger events like the Endless Summer event that's coming up soon :)
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • AxonyAxony Member
    The rewards are kind of dissapointing.

i don't really get why you call it a test event? you had the same kind of event in the alpha and closed beta but there the players got gold instead of gibs chests
  • Rys4kRys4k Member
    Any special/extra reward for the individual who makes the greatest contribution?
  • TeckTeck Member
    edited August 4
    I'd like it if there was a personal contribution counter.  It looks like there is a panel spamming player contributions on the right side of the event page, but it'd be kinda nice to have a way to track your own contributions.  As it is currently, this event seems rather boring.  The prize is rather bland even if it is quite helpful for newer players and the goal itself is as plain as it gets.  I'm hoping this is more of a trial run for format as well as function.  This might a great way to introduce new promo skins or even alternative sources for old (hint: I completely missed the Serpent Guardian even though I played all through out that promotion) ones.  One of the things I'm really hoping for is reasons to play the maps differently or simply even explore them.  I recall certain OMD2 maps having hidden skulls placed around certain maps and it'd be really interesting to have an item spawn during certain waves that you might have to find and pick up.  Shaking up the gameplay itself is my biggest desire.  Not including unique rewards of course (did I mention that Serpent Guardian yet?).
  • Like perhaps, during a wave when you are fighting somewhere on the map it goes "A pile of skulls on the battlefield." And you have to be like. "OH, MAN, Do I want to try for them extra skulls? Or should I go and help them fight?" 
  • Delenter said:
    Like perhaps, during a wave when you are fighting somewhere on the map it goes "A pile of skulls on the battlefield." And you have to be like. "OH, MAN, Do I want to try for them extra skulls? Or should I go and help them fight?" 
    They tried that a while back. Pieces of stuff would spawn and you had to run across the pitch to pick them up. It would break up the gameplay too much when running around also you had no idea which lane they would spawn in so you would have to tell people on chat. They removed that feature with all the bonus currency. Overall it was bland and annoying also you would end up with thousands of donkey fat.
  • xciencexcience Member, Early Access
    edited August 4

I don't feel the event sufficiently motivated me to do anything. It feels more like something going on in the background where I'm going to get a bonus goody for no reason. The positive side of this is that new players are going to get the benefit of getting a potential rifflord chest. Thinking about it this way events like this are actually pretty huge for people that haven't reach that level.

This comment was posted after one day of the event. And I'll post something at the end. As it stands right now I'm going to say that people that are in the Riff Lord category simply don't have a carrot that's big enough at the end of your stick to Chase. A rift Lord chest doesn't mean that much to me especially since chaos chests yield more. There should at least be a button or something where we can look at potential prizes to get us excited.... We're simple creatures we want loot dammit.

edit: if their was some special prize for the highest contributors or guild like a ticket to get a epic trap of my choice. I would crush the hell outa this event. the orcs would think its judgment day and would start boarding up their own portals just to keep me outa them.

Post edited by xcience on
  • dudeman118dudeman118 Member, Early Access
    It would nice if there were a way to see your personal contribution toward the goal.
  • We are going to finish this one quickly, today.

11% killed in 40 minutes.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • DaTeddyBearDaTeddyBear Member
    edited August 4
    I think a small bonus like a title would be nice for those who helped towards a goal.

For example light orcs killed: Orc Slayer
    Medium Orcs: Large slayer

These are small rewards but still unique also it will flesh out the title system because there's only a few titles so with players getting different ones would be great. The same thing could also work with icons. Example help with killing a million bears get the bear one.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    MAN! you guys are really clobbering these medium orcs!!!
  • They are easy to kill
    if this was order themed we would still be on light ones
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
    Heads up guys: anyone who logs in after today's goal has been achieved (which should be any minute!) but before the goal expires at 10 am tomorrow won't be able to participate and won't receive a chest. We know this means some folks will miss out on participation today. We'll set higher goals next time!
  • Harmonia said:
    Heads up guys: anyone who logs in after today's goal has been achieved (which should be any minute!) but before the goal expires at 10 am tomorrow won't be able to participate and won't receive a chest. We know this means some folks will miss out on participation today. We'll set higher goals next time!
    There are a LOT of Medium orcs in the game.  BUT after the first wave, the amount of Light Orcs decreased exponentially, that's why it took all day to get the Light Orc quest done, and there was a total of a million and a half to get. While the 900k was easily reached because Medium orcs always come in droves after the first waves of light orcs, Medium orcs are also constantly summoned throughout most levels and on every wave. 
  • PinkBuffalo22PinkBuffalo22 Member
    edited August 4
    So far I only have to say that I really like the concept. Right now, the rewards really aren't encouraging to try and participate and it didn't bring any change to the regular gameplay. Though I have to say, for everyone who hasn't reached rift lord or even master survival levels yet, getting a few of these chests is really awesome. I think it's really cool that you guys are doing these events and I'm sure you'll be able to improve them a lot. 
    Post edited by PinkBuffalo22 on
  • TeckTeck Member
    Harmonia said:
    I think since the goals are back to back like this, anyone who still contributes during that period even after the goal has been met should count in the future since you can't really predict how fast goals will be met.
  • Right! Since heavy orcs is just coming up, I need tips, what place is best to find these heavy pricks?
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"