Sabotage leavers

High-ranked players regularly leave the game if they think they can not win it anymore, or just before the loss, to prevent a drop in RANK. If the game leaves the whole team, the game is canceled. How about finding a way to prevent it?
For example: If you leave the game, you lose with all the consequences. If the entire enemy team leaves the game, the team that remains in the game wins.
Or find another solution to stop this practice. Play a good game and just becouse enemy team run from game immediate before the end, you obtain no rewards is very annoying. This ruin whole sabotage.
I play with some of Diamod rank players, and if they lost the game, they always left before the end to not fall in the rank.
I do not know if they're all cheaters on the diamond rank, but those I played with all of them. That is so sad.

Comments

• AxonyAxony Member
    You get a leaver penalty for leaving a gmae early and preventing a loss in rank.
    You also lost all your progress for the endless card quest and all cards that were used during the game are gone.

Btw if your team stays and the whole enemy team leaves you will still get rank and rewards, they just don't loose any so it's a win/win situation.

There are not enough player on PC Sabotage so nothing will change.
    If you punish the leaver you will have even less player in Sabotage than before so you can enjoy that sweet 1h Queue like back in Siege.
  • TreakTreak Member
    Axony said:
    You get a leaver penalty for leaving a gmae early and preventing a loss in rank.
    You also lost all your progress for the endless card quest and all cards that were used during the game are gone.

Btw if your team stays and the whole enemy team leaves you will still get rank and rewards, they just don't loose any so it's a win/win situation.

There are not enough player on PC Sabotage so nothing will change.
    If you punish the leaver you will have even less player in Sabotage than before so you can enjoy that sweet 1h Queue like back in Siege.
    I dont want punish the leavers, I would like changes to be made so they do not have the advantage of leaving the game just before the end, why should they have it? Either you win or lose the game, that's it.
    So you leave and you lost all used cards? That is not punishment, you used them so you dont have them anymore, that is normal. You lost progress from endless card quest? That is horrible, that one use of a card, when you need 75 ...
    And if we talk about leaving whole enemy team, My experience is that I will see: Attention! The game was canceled .... And than get nothing, no rank, no rewards.
    BTW I'm very glad you were here. As a Diamond-rank player, do you admit that this is a common way to keep a rank?

• AxonyAxony Member
    yes this is the common way and i can explain why:

normaly it takes atleast 15min to find a game while you are high diamond.
    so the matchmaker gave up already and the game will be unfair.
    so the enemy can be 2 bronze ranks.
    which means when they get lucky or i just loose because i slept or a random minion passes then i loose atleast 5-10 ranks.
    There are no players in high ranking so when i win i need around 10wins to just climb 1 place.

As a high ranked player you get hard punishment for loosing and you get nearly nothing for a win.
    I take the leaver penalty when this keeps me from winning 20matches just to be where i started.
  • TreakTreak Member
    Thank you for your honesty, but from the point of view of the ranked game, this is cheat, because your rank does not match you played matches, just those admitted.
    I was Platinum II, but since I do not use this method because it is unfair to others, I just fell on Platinum IV. I know that at a high rank it causes a long search for the game, but I still do not think it is the justification for such cheating and I wonder that there is something like that in the game where the ranked game is.

I've messed up this game or my teammate is useless, no problem, so I do not admit this game. An amazing and fair system for honest players. How about adding a choice at the end of the game if I want the game to count or not. If you choose NO, you will not receive a reward and you will not be able to play another game for 15 minutes. Why not, if it's the right way in the ranked game in OMD-U.
  • Would you quit the match still if (in your opinion) the match is balanced?
  • AxonyAxony Member
    i would just leave matches that will put me tons of ranks lower, if it'S fair then i'm not leaving.
    I'm just working against a matchmaker that is unable to find a fair match
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Treak said:

I thought this was fixed...

Would you quit the match still if (in your opinion) the match is balanced?
    Obviously they would.

We have seen before what competitive-only players think like, robot has clearly shown repeatedly the no intention of making the mode competitive neither to make it fun for everyone and truly party-friendly. I understand that there might better things to spend their resources on like new features and that is a very complex problem since it's a similar situation and compromise of what we already lived with Siege, having 2 different communities wanting different things from a same mode.

That said, last time a topic like this was discussed, Robot showed no intent on punishing players that ruin others experience just for selfish things like the pointless rank. It was supposedly gonna be fixed to some extent but it seems to not be the case. Anyhow, you might want to read this topic on a very similar problem:

http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/13318/sabotage-matchmaking/p1

For me personally, the mode has made me lose all interest in it with this kind of situations. Unbalanced matchups, people exploiting for useless things, people dodging/leaving games, etc. 

Luckily for the rest of us, the past has shown us that this kind of players usually just bring negativity to the community but they also tend to get bored of the game and I guess the lack of "competitivity  pretty fast. Even if they are vocal, they seem to vanish soon enough.

• AxonyAxony Member
    edited August 4

Luckily for the rest of us, the past has shown us that this kind of players usually just bring negativity to the community but they also tend to get bored of the game and I guess the lack of "competitivity  pretty fast. Even if they are vocal, they seem to vanish soon enough.

oooh Timemaster you can still read me like a book

Edit: Maybe people would care if there was a Season and some ranked only skins
  • TreakTreak Member
    Did I understand correctly that you are waiting for moment, when those who want a fair play stop playing sabotage and you can cheat without interference? Excellent plan, poison the rank for others so much they wiil be no longer interested in.
    But there is a mistake in that, when you succeed, you will not have anyone to play with.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    no, i want fair matches but currently it is not possible and robot does not care about it.
    Just wait and Sabotage will get the "Siege treatment"
  • SchaoxSchaox Member
    edited August 11
    Axony said:
    i would just leave matches that will put me tons of ranks lower, if it'S fair then i'm not leaving.
    I'm just working against a matchmaker that is unable to find a fair match
    Ooooh! Fair right?

You want fair match. And you said if the match is fair, you aren't leaving, right?

So, can you explain me something?
    I did two sabotage games against you. In the two times, you were with Teez (2v2).
    So your team is Diamond I and Diamond II.
    I did solo-queue the two times.
    So, in my team, there were me (Diamond III) and one random per game (the random players weren't visible in the ranked = Platinum III or less).

I and the random players win the two times.
    I rank up to Diamond II. I win a lot of point. Btw, thank you Axony.
    And you.... Oh nevermind, you and Teez didn't rank down. So I assume you leave the game because... not fair match???
    Of course not, it's just because you are a bad player who don't deserve the diamond rank. That's the truth.

And I do many solo sabotage games. I lose a few and i didn't go down so badly. Why? Because when I lose, I rarely lose with a diamond on my team. The number of point for a lose or a win is calculated from the average sabotage rank.
    And it's hard to win some points too if you don't play against high rank level.
    I don't see any issues. It's the definition of a ranked system.

So before saying the matchmaker is bad, you should think about your behaviour.
    You are just a cheater.

Cordially.

Treak said:
    Thank you for your honesty, but from the point of view of the ranked game, this is cheat, because your rank does not match you played matches, just those admitted.
    I was Platinum II, but since I do not use this method because it is unfair to others, I just fell on Platinum IV. I know that at a high rank it causes a long search for the game, but I still do not think it is the justification for such cheating and I wonder that there is something like that in the game where the ranked game is.

I've messed up this game or my teammate is useless, no problem, so I do not admit this game. An amazing and fair system for honest players. How about adding a choice at the end of the game if I want the game to count or not. If you choose NO, you will not receive a reward and you will not be able to play another game for 15 minutes. Why not, if it's the right way in the ranked game in OMD-U.

1. Don't think all ranked player use some kind of cheat, please. Even if it seems that half of the Diamond I aren't legit.

2. You said that you were Platinum II and you ranked down Platinum IV because you didn't cheat.... really???
    And sadly, when there is a ranked system, there are some cheaters.

3. What is the point to do a ranked system and to have the choice when you decide if the game count or not???
    I play Sabotage because it's a unique mode. You have to do some stuff that you don't need to do in Survival for example.
    And you play against real people. I think you have to accept when you lose because of a teammates for example. Because a teammate can win a game for you and in the ennemy team, they could have inexperienced player too. And I don't see any people complain when they win a game with one hand...

• AxonyAxony Member
    edited August 12
    I can't even remember palying against you, seems like you are just a random low rank dude.

I tested it and lost vs random below platinum rank and i dropped 1 place (sometimes no place).
    It is calculated with the hidden MMR and not with this Bullcrap you are trying to explain.

I loose nearly no points when i loose vs diamonds.

Before you run around and accuse people of cheating get your facts!
  • DaTeddyBearDaTeddyBear Member
    edited August 12
    This is going well.
  • SchaoxSchaox Member
    Axony said:
    I can't even remember palying against you, seems like you are just a random low rank dude.

I tested it and lost vs random below platinum rank and i dropped 1 place (sometimes no place).
    It is calculated with the hidden MMR and not with this Bullcrap you are trying to explain.

I loose nearly no points when i loose vs diamonds.

Before you run around and accuse people of cheating get your facts!

1. How you can't remembred your loses?
    I lose like 10% of my Sabotage game and I know more my loses than my wins. It's just another fact that you don't care about losing.

2. Random low rank:
    I said i was Diamond III when I play against you, didn't you read what i wrote???
    Before the reset, I was one of the top player. I stop the game for personnal issues and I come back.
    But if I was a random low rank, you should lose some rank when I beat you.

3. MMR:
    When I talked about points, it was MMR. The MMR wasn't hidden before the reset again. So I know pretty well how the system works.

4. Of course you don't lose many points against diamonds.... And?
    If you lose against Bronze, you will lose many points. It's a basic ranking system.

5. You lose TWO TIMES with a team of Diamond I & II against Diamond III & less than Platinum III.
    With his two wins, I rank up to top-mid Diamond II from mid Diamond III.
    => It's HUGE. That means my random players are more like Gold or Silver.
    => If I win a lot MMR, that's means you should lose some MMR.

The Answer:
    Axony said:

As a high ranked player you get hard punishment for loosing and you get nearly nothing for a win.
    I take the leaver penalty when this keeps me from winning 20matches just to be where i started.

You are a cheater because you leave some games when you lose and you said it.

So be a good boy/girl and don't write anymore. You're going to dig your grave.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    I had a feeling some of the high rank sabo players were cheats since they never leave diamond rank.

I barely play Sabo anyways but this pretty much confirms I will not play the mode at all anymore.

Remove the ranking system and give a trap chest for winning if this is what goes on.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited August 12
    Schaox said:

You are a cheater because you leave some games when you lose and you said it.

So be a good boy/girl and don't write anymore. You're going to dig your grave.
    Wikipedia Quote: Cheating is the receiving of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation.

I never saw a rule that you are not allowed to leave a match early.
    It is not my problem if this feature exists and it available for everyone.
    There was never a statement that it is forbidden.

P.S. I am really sorry that you feel this way because i use a function that is open for everyone to use.
    But you can play better and get rank 1 to argue with crashrunover who does the same but every game he looses.

P.P.S. i said random low rank because i never heard your name before. Sometimes i remember some guild names but in general i don't care who my enemy is.
  • CremoAcanthisCremoAcanthis Member
    edited August 12
    put the full definition at least not only the part that make you're confortable with

Cheating is the receiving of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyismnepotism, sleaze and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.[1] The rules infringed may be explicit, or they may be from an unwritten code of conduct based on moralityethics or custom, making the identification of cheating conduct a potentially subjective process. Cheating can refer specifically to marital infidelity. Someone who is known for cheating is referred to as a cheat in British English, and a cheater in American English. A person described as a "cheat" doesn't necessarily cheat all the time, but rather, relies on unfair tactics to the point of acquiring a reputation for it.[2]

Post edited by CremoAcanthis on
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Guys I would like to remind you all to please stay on topic without accusing, insulting or intentionally provocating other players. I would also remind you to stick to our rules and guideslines and not call out people by name. Some of the posts above are quite close to the line so take this is a fair warning. I would rather not have to start editing and I know you're all capable of polite discussion.
    German Community Manager
  • TreakTreak Member
    sashimiak said:
    Guys I would like to remind you all to please stay on topic without accusing, insulting or intentionally provocating other players. I would also remind you to stick to our rules and guideslines and not call out people by name. Some of the posts above are quite close to the line so take this is a fair warning. I would rather not have to start editing and I know you're all capable of polite discussion.
    I am very happy to see that you are interested in the topics that your players are discussing. Although I must admit that I was a little disappointed that your only contribution to the debate is to discuss politely. I would be quite interested in your opinion on the discussed way of not losing the rank at a loss.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    It is an issue that has been pointed out to us before and we've passed it along to the relevant team. (I know I say this so often but it's true) Since I'm a forum moderator and not a developer and my favourite game modes are survival and chaos trials I don't have much in the way of either technical knowledge, nor personal experience to contribute to this specific topic. That is why I was just reading (and noting) everyone's opinions in this thread. 
    German Community Manager