Naphtha sprayer upgrade adds time to cooldown?

The description when upgraded says +#%.  I assume that is a typo?

Comments

• it's the wording, 

don't have acces to the game but if my memory is correct it's +x% re-fire rate

so it means it's goiing to re-fire faster,
  • TeckTeck Member
    it's the wording, 

don't have acces to the game but if my memory is correct it's +x% re-fire rate

so it means it's goiing to re-fire faster,
    Yeah, there are actually several descriptions in the game that can be mildly misleading.  I think the biggest issue is that there is not an easy access complete description of a current trap with all it's upgrades and parts showing the current stats and upgrades from which parts on on page all at a glance.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Thank you for theinput. The team is currently working on the descriptions. However, if you have more (specific) feedback like this, we're grateful if you can share it here since there is always a chance that something might have been overlooked.
    German Community Manager
  • I agree with Teck's point also.  I'm constantly trying to interpret the bonus for upgrading a trap versus the original spec, but it isn't always easy.  For example, my concussive pounder currently shows a +100% refire rate.  Sounds like it should be pounding everything that walks underneath it, but it doesn't.  ???

It would be awesome to see a stat page that shows two columns - one with original stats (damage, cooldown/re-fire rate) and a second column showing current stats with upgrades and parts applied.
  • it`s in the interpretation:

Concussive pounder cooldown is 11 seconds, so it`s goiing to fire once per 11 sec with +100% refire rate it`s goiing to fire twice every 11 seconds so once every 5.5 seconds
  • TeckTeck Member
    sashimiak said:
    Thank you for theinput. The team is currently working on the descriptions. However, if you have more (specific) feedback like this, we're grateful if you can share it here since there is always a chance that something might have been overlooked.
    I'd have to find spare time to go through all of them and make a list, but a good example that I had to personally look up is the trigger parts.  For example, "Fire Resonator: Increases the trap's damage to burning enemies by 30%." but traps that use it like Floor Scorcher specifically state that damage from multiple floor scorchers do not stack.  Does the trap itself just apply the 30% on it's own first attack or does an already burning enemies have to take a hit?  Does the non-stacking attack just get ignored by an already burning enemy or does it refresh the burning to its full length then apply the 30% damage.  There does not seem to be any explicit description on how dots and debuffs work in the game or if it is a set in stone rule rather than varied depending on situation.

I will try to find time to pick through some of specific examples soon.
  • the fire resonator on a floor scorcher, the first hit will not have the 30% bonus, after that when the enemie will be burning on the DoT effect you will get the damage bonus, if he get hits by another scorcher when burning it will refresh the DoT with the 30% bonus again.
  • Teck said:
    sashimiak said:
    I'd have to find spare time to go through all of them and make a list, but a good example that I had to personally look up is the trigger parts.  For example, "Fire Resonator: Increases the trap's damage to burning enemies by 30%." but traps that use it like Floor Scorcher specifically state that damage from multiple floor scorchers do not stack.  Does the trap itself just apply the 30% on it's own first attack or does an already burning enemies have to take a hit?  Does the non-stacking attack just get ignored by an already burning enemy or does it refresh the burning to its full length then apply the 30% damage.  There does not seem to be any explicit description on how dots and debuffs work in the game or if it is a set in stone rule rather than varied depending on situation.

I will try to find time to pick through some of specific examples soon.

THIS. Please ROBOT, give us an option to see the current stats of a trap. INCLUDING upgrades AND attached parts. The game gets more complex the farther you progress and at some point, player start to compare their different traps and choose different setups for different situations ( difficulties, maps, bosses, chaos modifiers....SO MANY SITUATIONS ). Not only that the fact having those complete trap informations would make the game more comfortable, I rather think that this should be a self-evident Part of the game. IT'S A TOWER DEFENCE. We want to know what exactly our traps are doing to minions.

Greets