Server Maintenance for the week of August 7, 2017

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
Hello War Mages!

Below you will find the maintenance and update schedule for the week.

PlayStation 4:
There will be an update on Tuesday, August 8 to introduce a new Sabotage map, 3 new consumables, and resolve an issue with vanity chests on the PlayStation. This maintenance will begin at 7:00 AM Central time and is expected to last approximately three hours. 

PC: 
There will be maintenance on Wednesday, August 9. Maintenance will begin at 7:00 AM Central time and is expected to last two hours.

There are no patch notes for this change but one matchmaking adjustment was made that will enable Sabotage games to rarely launch as 1v1, similar to how they currently launch as 2v2 when there are not enough players within a given range.

UPDATE: PC maintenance is currently extended. Early ETA is noon Central at earliest but more likely around 1 pm Central. Will provide additional updates if this changes.

Not sure what time that is in your local timezone? This handy link should help you out: https://time.is/Dallas

For up to date server and maintenance information, follow @OMDservers on Twitter!
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• AxonyAxony Member
    Can we expect complete patchnotes this time for PC or do we discover it again?
  • That is the 2. time in a row were we do not get patchnotes. Serously, last week : I am pretty sure deadeye's hip shot got changed. Isn't that worth telling us? I don't get why it's so hard bringing patchnotes atleast 1 DAY before the actual update. And yes, I do complain, because I play OMDU actively and just want to know WHAT is new / WHAT is going on.

Greets
  • AxonyAxony Member
    It's because they don't test stuff so they have no idea what is implemented
  • nsbuckynsbucky Member
    as a developer myself, I can tell you that comments like these are pretty demotivating and kind of insulting. Try to be more positive and you will see better results.
  • nsbucky said:
    as a developer myself, I can tell you that comments like these are pretty demotivating and kind of insulting. Try to be more positive and you will see better results.
    Well, yes, saying you guys don't test things and have no idea what you are doing is insulting, but the fact that the whole team never releases any sort of patch notes or anything allows us to let our minds flow free and state things like that, as we have no idea if it is true or not.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    I am very sorry that i insulted the developer for not doing their job. how could i?
    When i change something at my Job without sending patchnotes or informing people then i have a huge problem.
  • nsbucky said:
    Well, yes, saying you guys don't test things and have no idea what you are doing is insulting, but the fact that the whole team never releases any sort of patch notes or anything allows us to let our minds flow free and state things like that, as we have no idea if it is true or not.
    Never any patch notes. Well I think you are wrong. Because every actual patch we do get patch notes. :mrgreen:
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • BGloTGBGloTG Member
    Any Idea when the servers are coming up today?  Just curious.  
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited August 9
    Uncomplete Patchnotes are not really helpful when the community has to find out what really changed

Currently it's more like:
    Yea we changed stuff and things... maybe numbers... go find out yourself and write the patchnotes for us
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    No patch notes this time, guys. This maintenance is just for some internal reporting changes. Not every maintenance will be accompanied by patch notes.

Servers are currently delayed, and we're working on an ETA. Our QA team found an issue during the update and it will take some time to resolve. It won't be a quick fix, so I am estimating noon at the earliest. We'll have updates here and on the server Twitter account.
  • BGloTGBGloTG Member
    Thank you for the quick response and the update.
  • are you serious? 
  • Timbo196 said:
    are you serious? 
    You are you refering to? Since most people in this thread are trying to be serious and probably don't want to tell a joke.

@BGloTG is pleased at they responsed 14 minutes after he asked his question I would call that a quick response and also an update.

If you are refering to the server maintenance existence. Then that would be explained by the fact they like to keep the game bug free and like balancing heroes. Also adding in fresh new content like special events. So that's probably serious. On the other hand you could be refering to long it's taking which is a valid point but problems could have occured (which happens all to regularly).

The rest of the people are arguing whether or not the last maintenance was a problem (being empty but added a few changes).
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    edited August 9
    Hey guys, another update: everything is cruising along well but it's looking more like sometime around 1 pm Central for servers to be available again. Thanks for your patience today, I will share more info as soon as it's available.
  • Timbo196 said:
    are you serious? 
    You are you refering to? Since most people in this thread are trying to be serious and probably don't want to tell a joke.

@BGloTG is pleased at they responsed 14 minutes after he asked his question I would call that a quick response and also an update.

If you are refering to the server maintenance existence. Then that would be explained by the fact they like to keep the game bug free and like balancing heroes. Also adding in fresh new content like special events. So that's probably serious. On the other hand you could be refering to long it's taking which is a valid point but problems could have occured (which happens all to regularly).

The rest of the people are arguing whether or not the last maintenance was a problem (being empty but added a few changes).
    Sorry, yes I meant the time it takes. and well, since the game has at least a few bugs/problems it doesn' seem to work that well.

Anyways, thanks for the fast reply @Harmonia.
  • nsbuckynsbucky Member
    I feel like this is about to be my most productive morning at work yet!
  • E150DE150D Member
    No intention to be rude, but how about a gift for your loyal players who expected a service (online servers) you couldnt provide as expected? Would be a nice gesture and an easy way to improve customer satisfaction. Potions for example wouldnt even interfere with any payment since id guess a rare amount of people buys currency to afford potions.
    Servers are back, folks. Sorry for that delay but thank you again for waiting patiently for maintenance to finish!
  • E150DE150D Member
    Dont like to be ignored, if you dont like the idea, just tell us (me).
    There will be no compensation for the extended maintenance.