Ps4 unplayable. Blue screen results in complete zero gains

NapolleonNapolleon Member
edited August 24 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Happening more and more frequently where game can't even be played, unless you like spending time in a match and gaming no exp skulls or anything.  

Blue screen error ce 34878-0 you blue screen and it's over. All time invested useless.

I've submitted support tickets and basically been told to format my hard drive etc.  No taking responsibility , no compensation.

I've spent $80.00 on this game , love the game its fun, but it's unplayable, any idea how to get a refund?

Bc if there's no support, no fix, and I can't play the game I've spent money on.. thats good basis for refund?
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• DaxtDaxt Member
    Blue screens are frustrating... I haven't experienced any personally but I have felt the anxiety of infrequent disconnects with no rewards for games lost. 

My understanding is that the devs are going to continually patch the game for improvements and new features. Your troubles may subside as patches come out.

Vote with your dollars and don't spend more until you are comfortable with the games stability. 
  • I agree daxt, I enjoy the game but I think I'll hold off on spending anything until basic things are fixed. Disconnects with no rewards, guild improvements, comms, frame rates. I'd also like to see things like a report feature for intentially bad players and leaves. Fun game but lots of room for improvement.
  • DaxtDaxt Member
    I'm having fun and spent 20 bucks on it yesterday. These orcs are getting awfully crispy.

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Napolleon I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with the responses to your ticket. I understand that issues like these can be extremely frustrating and the team is trying hard to fix things.

We have received many reports about the blue screen recently, so If any of you have more details to share about this (what map were you playing on, what game mode, which heroes were in the match, when did the match take place? Did anything else stand out before the blue screen happened?), please submit a ticket with our support (https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/support/contact-us). The more information the team gets, the better! Thank you all for your input and apologies for the trouble.
    German Community Manager
  • It's happened to me many times and I can tell you that it doesn't matter which hero anyone is playing. When I play with my son (2 ps4s in same room - monitors side by side - one ps4 wifi, one LAN), the blue screen happens on the LAN ps4 first and then the wifi ps4 with just a bit of latency. Most of the time, when one of the three players blue screen, the other players will also like dominos.  Sometimes the last domino lasts long enough for the first domino to restart and reconnect, but usually not.  It's happened to me mostly on Rift Lord Survival on any of the latter half maps in the list and 99% of the time at some point in the last wave. It can happen when the game is struggling with frame rate drops, but its also happened many times when there were only  3-4 minions left. 
  • I had an issue after last patch where I would be knocked back to the log in screen and received no xp/skulls or chests, I wasn't really bothered about it as it only happened randomly for a day or so and then sorted itself out. I raised a ticket to report this issue as I thought I was trying to help and basically got a reply telling me that I had received my rewards and nothing was amiss, now not at anytime was I after getting any sort of recompense and found this reply both blunt and insulting. I complained about this and as of yet have had no reply. I wish you luck in solving your issues but just thought I'd warn you that they are not as accommodating as they make out and basically called me a liar regarding my ticket.
    Thank you for the input Berninhell, really appreciate it!

@Sharpy01 I have sent you a pm
    German Community Manager
  • So I played Survival on the last Rift Lord map with Sharpy01 and a matchmade 3rd player yesterday.  Sharpy01 got blue screened 3 waves before the end and was unable to rejoin the session even though he tried several times.  He even rebooted his PS4 and reloaded the app in time, but the game would not not let him rejoin.  3rd random player disconnected (and I can only assume s/he blue screened too) the following wave.  I was left all alone and wondering when the blue screen "virus" was going to hit me too, but miraculously, it never came and I was able to finish the match solo.
    Could I get you to submit a ticket specifically for that match? If the team can look at the actual match in which this issue happened it will help them a great deal on figuring out what's causing this. 
    German Community Manager
  • I submitted a ticket as requested.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact time the match occurred, but I think it in the early afternoon CST.
    If you have information like which hero you or your team mates were using or what their names were that helps support narrow it down as well. 
    German Community Manager
  • Oh Eventide Fortress, you are so cruel. Played it twice tonight. First game, friend #1 blue screens on wave 9 or so. A few seconds later friend #2 and I can't move through the portals and all minions are frozen. We both got 'connection to server was lost'.  Game over. 

Friend #1 is done. Friend #2 and I queue up and get Eventide Fortress again. Friend #2 blue screens on wave 9 but is able to restart the game and reconnect. I blue screen on the next wave and am able to restart and reconnect. Random teammate gets disconnected the next wave but rejoins shortly. I presume he also blue screened.  But we all managed to finish the match this time.
    Thank you for the update Berninhell and apologies. I promise the team is working hard on fixing this ASAP.
    German Community Manager
  • I've had bluescreen issues here and there during sabotage matches, most of the time it happens when i'm selecting an enemy hero to debuff with a card. Another just as annoying instance is on the endless map "Throne room". At about wave 16 to 18 (can't remember exactly now) I would error out at the very end of the current wave. It happened twice in a row, even after I restarted my whole system. 
    Blitz the team has been able to recreate the issue that happens on some endless and Rift Lord maps that many have reported here but I haven't heard anything about the bluescreen issues in sabotage when debuffing heros.. Could you elaborate on that or submit a ticket specifically for that issue? 
    German Community Manager
  • I was on a quest to 5 star Eventide Fortress (rift lord) today with two friends. First run, friend and I blue screen around wave 9 or 10.  Friend #3 suggested we go to options and disable a bunch of the visual effects. We did. Played again and no one blue screened. We got the 5 stars and the top score for a 3 player run (as of around noon cst anyway).  Seems like disabling all the options might have helped prevent the blue screen.
  • Just tried Banquet Hall endless with Cygnus and blue screened during wave 18. Used the same strategy as survival where I use a barricade maze on the right hall with grinders, boom barrel rollers, and flame/tar combo. Slight frame loss drop but nothing significant. Endless has been broken for me on every stage but baths. 
  • Eventide Fortress(Rift Lord) blue screens when hitting wave 10+. Has occurred on Gabriella, Oziel, and Hogarth so far. Typically after/during the use of their secondary abilities at the beginning of a wave, or even when attempting to finish off one final enemy at the end of a wave.  Crashes also happen when barricades are placed during breaks. Hope the issue is fixed soon!
  • happens to me and my orc slaying mate frequently when we play endless, that's why we stopped playing endless maps as a whole, baths seems to work fine, any other map we try crashes sometime after wave 22 and above, which is pretty frustrating since we got almost all stars from survival by now, the only one star missing ist from the last rift lord map, because of the same error...
    usually it goes like this: amidst the wave one of us gets the bluescreen (CE-34878-0), closes the game, trys to reconnect, the other one can still play, sometimes you can reconnect and play for a few minutes, until the other one crashes too and/or the server disconnects us both... 

just happened to me while soloing banquet hall endless at wave 29...