Saw Of Arctos - Rework

Well I've played over 500h in this game and I haven't seen much people playing with this trap.
Seems like it is bad, right?
My sugsestion is to make this trap work like Arcane Bowling Ball. So it might be back in loadouts!
Or it would be to OP?

Comments

• Could you elaborate what make it work like the bowling ball means since there's a lot of differences between them?

In my opinion a good balance would be to make it 0.5 squares shorter. Then it could fit into more spots so it could work in more killboxes.
  • It seems a bit expensive to me.
  • Could you elaborate what make it work like the bowling ball means since there's a lot of differences between them?

In my opinion a good balance would be to make it 0.5 squares shorter. Then it could fit into more spots so it could work in more killboxes.
    I want Saw Of Arctos work like Arcane Bowling Trap...
  • ElSolElSol Member
    So what you mean Cris0407 is that it keeps going, no matter if a enemie is near it?

I would also like to see it get a bit shorter so it could fit into more spaces/killboxes.
  • ElSol said:
    So what you mean Cris0407 is that it keeps going, no matter if a enemie is near it?

I would also like to see it get a bit shorter so it could fit into more spaces/killboxes.
    It would be like Bowling Trap...
    Automatically shooting ball or saw...
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Like the swining mace?

• Maybe.
    I still preffer Arcane Bowling Ball mechanics...
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Do you mean you just want to have the saw blade keep going until it is stopped by terrain? So instead of the saw going back and forth, it will be "shot" in one direction and roll along the ground until it hits a wall?
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    Do you mean you just want to have the saw blade keep going until it is stopped by terrain? So instead of the saw going back and forth, it will be "shot" in one direction and roll along the ground until it hits a wall?
    Preffer first tought.
    1 Way saw ride!
  • I actually use the buzzsaw quite often in my builds, it's really useful if you put it in chokepoints and combo it with physics traps, like the push trap or roof spinner trap, it's even more effective if you can stun lock or slow enemies, while they're standing on the buzzsaw. IMO the buzzsaw is fine the way it is.
  • TeckTeck Member
    I find the main reason I personally don't use it is because of the size.  I find I very rarely use any trap over 2 blocks long.  I have made it a personal goal to force myself to use Fire Cracker to try to alleviate this, but it is slow going.  I just wonder why it is we have a 3 and 4 block long floor trap, but nothing that's 2 blocks long.  I would find a floor trap that's 2x1 or 2x.5 WAY more useful personally.
  • I think it would be great if it worked like the swinging mace personally. Instead of having 6 charges or whatever. It just runs back and forth along its path with a few seconds delay at each end. Then when it turns around, it goes through all the enemies. It would be the nice floor equivalent of the swinging mace. And yeah, maybe changing its size might help too.
  • I must admit having it just as longa s Fire Cracker would be nice. BUT besides that I played with someone who used it and I had crackers, and we filled a small lane on Eventide Fortress with alternating Cracker and Saw... It worked fairly well....
  • I find the saw to long as well, fire cracker i can fit in front of or after "most" of my kiill boxes, but arctos never fits and i think it's the 8 long instead of 6 that makes a huge difference, Many hallways aren't even 8 wide to fit it

I would like the idea that its more like swinging mace, it does seems like it's charges get used up fast, then everything walks past because there's not much else you can fit in the kill box (due to shape/size)
  • Yes, saw of arctos need some rework. 4x0,5 is quite hard to place. I tried to use it few times, but with no success. I rather use tar trap with another dmg trap. 4 distance is long way and saw of arctus has almost no stopping and slowing ability. You can use it on some places where minions going and you are not hitting them, but it is not stuff to make kill box nor for combos.  Basic idea is nice, giant saw from floor, it is classic, but compering with other option(trap setup), saw of arctus is last what i would use.

My main problem with saw are:
    - 4 space long
    - long cooldown -> low dps and low chill apply

So what to do with it:
    1. I like the op idea ,,work like bowiling ball,, even this is one of most pathetic description and leaving many people confused. So having wall ice trap that shoot giant saw for long distance is nice, it would be only arcane bowling ball in ice, but it would be nice and I like it. But this would be new trap totally different from original idea.

2. Reduce length from 4 to 2 and reduce cooldown to half. (3 is still too much) It would be similar to swinging mace but on floor. This would make it little bit more interesting, but dont know if i would leave my tar trap+floor scorcher combo.

3. Floor trap 1x0,5 that would work like grinder. Spin, spin and melt after some time of doing dmg. Respawning after some time. (friction and blood will melt it for lore. I thing that traps could have some story and explanation about them). It would have advantage if this trap could be placed on floor and wall, since ice traps missing any trap on wall. And with 0,5 wide(1x0,5), it could bring many possibilities  and fun stuff to place.

4. After thinking about option 1 and 2. Since we lack of alternative for floor scorcher. Floor trap 1x0,5 that spawn spinning saw that roll in one direction for 4 distance (ice saw will melt after). This would be alternative to floor scorcher but it would not be floor scorcher in ice because it would not have flip and it would have longer range 4 instead of 3. And since it would have only 0,5 you could place 2 and apply 2x more chill on large minions. This is actually basic saw of arctus just reducing floor part from 4 to 1 to not block other traps and pushing saw from being half in ground to be full on ground.

Bonus: Absolutly dont know what "count 6" in description of saw of arctos is.

• I was kinda thinking of a Ice wall trap, that functioned like Floor Scorchers, But you could place on the wall and it opened and shoots ice icicles at the minions. Having it work very much the same as Floor Scorchers in the way that it functions would be kinda cool to, Having it shoot left or right up or down instead of straight out.
  • Bloodess said:
    Yes, saw of arctos need some rework. 4x0,5 is quite hard to place. I tried to use it few times, but with no success. I rather use tar trap with another dmg trap. 4 distance is long way and saw of arctus has almost no stopping and slowing ability. You can use it on some places where minions going and you are not hitting them, but it is not stuff to make kill box nor for combos.  Basic idea is nice, giant saw from floor, it is classic, but compering with other option(trap setup), saw of arctus is last what i would use.

My main problem with saw are:
    - 4 space long
    - long cooldown -> low dps and low chill apply

So what to do with it:
    1. I like the op idea ,,work like bowiling ball,, even this is one of most pathetic description and leaving many people confused. So having wall ice trap that shoot giant saw for long distance is nice, it would be only arcane bowling ball in ice, but it would be nice and I like it. But this would be new trap totally different from original idea.

2. Reduce length from 4 to 2 and reduce cooldown to half. (3 is still too much) It would be similar to swinging mace but on floor. This would make it little bit more interesting, but dont know if i would leave my tar trap+floor scorcher combo.

3. Floor trap 1x0,5 that would work like grinder. Spin, spin and melt after some time of doing dmg. Respawning after some time. (friction and blood will melt it for lore. I thing that traps could have some story and explanation about them). It would have advantage if this trap could be placed on floor and wall, since ice traps missing any trap on wall. And with 0,5 wide(1x0,5), it could bring many possibilities  and fun stuff to place.

4. After thinking about option 1 and 2. Since we lack of alternative for floor scorcher. Floor trap 1x0,5 that spawn spinning saw that roll in one direction for 4 distance (ice saw will melt after). This would be alternative to floor scorcher but it would not be floor scorcher in ice because it would not have flip and it would have longer range 4 instead of 3. And since it would have only 0,5 you could place 2 and apply 2x more chill on large minions. This is actually basic saw of arctus just reducing floor part from 4 to 1 to not block other traps and pushing saw from being half in ground to be full on ground.

Bonus: Absolutly dont know what "count 6" in description of saw of arctos is.

Count 6 = max 6 per map