Petition To Adjust The "Empty Pockets Trophy" - Spend 200,000,000 Coin!

iRageQuitiRageQuit Member
edited August 23 in Suggestion Box
What do you think is the Best Fair amount to be spent in order to get the "Empty Pockets" Trophy?!
Please if the number you have in mind, is close or similar to the ones i provided below, use the poll.

Hopefully, OMD!U developers will read this petition and act accordingly, knowing what the player base is finding this trophy to be extremely long and time consuming compared to the other trophies in game!
Your Participation in this poll, is very valuable and important

Don't forget to leave a comment describing the reasons and Gameplay Statistics, behind your decision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets consider a match is 20 minute long (including loading time, choosing character and traps, statistics page at the end of the match, and readying up), and lets consider you are spending "Averagely" 20,000 Coin a match.

1 hour = 3 matches (each 20 min) = 60,000 Coin
200,000,000 / 60,000 = 3,333 hours of gameplay!

lets consider you play averagely OMD!U about 8 hours a day (full time job time)

3,333 hours / 8 hours a day = 417 days

you sleep 8 hours, you work 8 hours, and u play OMD!U for 8 hours, it will take you 417 days!!!!

Thats not a platinum dude! this is a no pay job for 15 months!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petition To Adjust The "Empty Pockets Trophy" - Spend 200,000,000 Coin! 26 votes

150,000,000 Coin
7%
bennytorGryfin123 2 votes
125,000,000 Coin
0%
100,000,000 Coin
46%
TillingSaturnTimeMasterLukarioCremoAcanthissashimiakFairbanksiRageQuitlauderbachm70Don912CuteAnduinhornimoonKujaFF9 12 votes
75,000,000 Coin
0%
50,000,000 Coin
19%
Leshii79okaboyBerninhellAssassinEzioShinSeijuro 5 votes
25,000,000 Coin
7%
Cris0407ShinSeijuro 2 votes
15,000,000 Coin
0%
10,000,000 Coin
19%
TedditeOckap61RusChimechaRaNdOmKiLs666yDwight 5 votes
Post edited by iRageQuit on

Comments

• 100,000,000 Coin
    Honestly, I would be very surprised if they took you seriously; most devs could care less about Achievements/Trophies (despite dedicating the time to implement them). In my almost 10 years of trophy hunting, I don't recall a single instance of any studio patching to make a trophy easier, even if the requirements are incredibly bizarre (like this Achievement is).

Currently, I'm at 8% completion for Empty Pockets. I have 407 games played, although I realize this is nothing compared to some players. Considering you don't really get to spend much in Co-Op (and the game does like to promote MP with Sabotage and Matchmaking), I'm not sure what they were thinking here.

I realize there are ways to do it (playing a lot of Endless for example), but the Achievement is still inconsistent with the other Achievements. If they require something specific (i.e. Hazard Play) the number required is at least reduced. If it's something that should come naturally as you play (i.e. basically any of the Hero Achievements) then at least you see some progress as you go through the content. Despite something that comes naturally while playing, Empty Pockets goes beyond the time requirement that you will need to complete all maps with 5 stars (unless you make a ton of attempts), and upgrading 20 traps to Tier 7. 

I voted for 100 million, just because it seems like a number the devs would work with, if some miracle happens. If they were to line it up with almost all of the other Achievements, 50 million seems like the more appropriate number.
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    It was already nerf, because before that it was 1,000,000,000.... that was'nt even funny  ;)

i've already 5 stars all the maps, level 97, about 1000 games(or amybe more) and about 20% done on that one, at the current state, even at 100,000,000 it's still goiing to be an endurance feat
  • iRageQuitiRageQuit Member
    edited August 22
    100,000,000 Coin
    Fairbanks, i have 250 games, im level 45, half way through the game, and im still at 2% empty pockets!!!!
    okay i will reach Lvl cap 100, no problem there, probably getting the 20 tier 7. add to that a tons of skull farming/saving to buy the chars needed for platinum, on top of them, the trophies needed with each individual one of them, not to mention 5 starring every freaking map!!!!! comes the "empty pockets"!!!! 2% dude!!!!! thats wrong!!!! i totally agree with you, it should be arround 50m tops
    i did vote however for 100m, because i know that 50m might be impossible to settle with the developpers!
  • TeckTeck Member
    edited August 22
    You don't have an option in your poll to leave it at 200,000,000 though.  I don't agree with your stance personally as I prefer to have at least 1 or 2 crazy hard to attain achievements in games that take a very long time so that I can always have an end goal.  If anything, I'd prefer it be a little higher.  Not that I want the 1 billion it was before specifically, but I think something like 500,000,000 makes more sense personally.  I can see your view point though from a perspective of a perfectionist who wants to be able to 100% a game and not spend an eternity doing it.  Also I'm level 85 and I'm 14% of the way through.  You have a lot more opportunity to spend coins when you're doing mainly rift lord difficulty so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at 20% by the time I hit 100.
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    Teck said:
    You don't have an option in your poll to leave it at 200,000,000 though.  I don't agree with your stance personally as I prefer to have at least 1 or 2 crazy hard to attain achievements in games that take a very long time so that I can always have an end goal.  If anything, I'd prefer it be a little higher.  Not that I want the 1 billion it was before specifically, but I think something like 500,000,000 makes more sense personally.  I can see your view point though from a perspective of a perfectionist who wants to be able to 100% a game and not spend an eternity doing it.  Also I'm level 85 and I'm 14% of the way through.  You have a lot more opportunity to spend coins when you're doing mainly rift lord difficulty so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at 20% by the time I hit 100.
    Dear Teck, i've finished some hard platinums and time consuming ones (witcher 3 - Bloodborne - Dark souls 3 - Shadow of Mordor - uncharted 1,2,3,4 - Crash Bandicoot trilogy - Killing Floor 2 - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition ...) all these are TITLES! some are hard, might take some time to finish, but please lets contemplate to what CremoAcanthis said:

It was already nerf, because before that it was 1,000,000,000.... that was'nt even funny  ;)

i've already 5 stars all the maps, level 97, about 1000 games(or amybe more) and about 20% done on that one, at the current state, even at 100,000,000 it's still goiing to be an endurance feat
    he is lvl 97 and about 20% done! i'd take by the time he reaches lvl 100, he will be arround 25% done!
    i'd take that as a great value to play! 25% of 200m = 50m

are you willing to play for half a year, if not a full year to get to 200m coin?
    the number is just stupid!

• I think cremo's actually had a pretty good run spending coin.

Since my stats are 1900 games played. 17% done. I've spent most my matches playing multiplayer on anything (since cremo likes doing solo he gets more coin ;) ).
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    @iRageQuit

you're about right, i'm sitting at exactly 15% on that achievement, but started playing during the beta before the achivement came, so you should be around 25% at level 100, normally  (the last level are a real pain) 97 to 98 takes 4122 XP
  • 50,000,000 Coin
    I just hit level 97 last night (roughly 1000 games played).  I'm only 10% of the way there. The current threshold is ridiculous.  Even if I were inclined to grind through games solo shooting my own boom barrels or other "not really playing the game" strategies to turn numbers, it would take literally hundreds of hours of mind numbing solo repetitiveness to achieve.  It's not a game played for fun at that point, it's a non-paying job.  This trophy is not something anyone would ever achieve by just playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Anything more than 50,000,000 is overkill.  If you can't get 90% of the way to the trophy by playing the game the way it was meant to be played by the time you have hit level cap and all T7 traps, then the trophy is just stupid.  I bought Elder Scrolls Online and played a bit and then discovered that one of their trophies was incredibly stupid and only achievable to no-lifes who could afford to play non-stop for 72 hours straight or so (to be top of the PvP campaign leaderboard).  I was so mad about that that I stopped playing the game and I don't pre-order any games any more.  I won't buy or spend money on any games again where developers make trophy conditions so ridiculous that they are unattainable to anyone but complete no-lifes (and, apparently, drug dealers).
  • The developers just didn't do the math on this one I think. The most expensive trap that I currently have is the swinging mace trap at 2,000. Which means to get 200,000,000. You need to place 100,000 swinging mace traps.

If you were to place 1 trap a second it would take you just under 28 hours to spend that many coins.

That means if you were placing one trap a second you would have to play for more than a day straight to get this achievement. Consequently, in order to get this achievement you must play for years. Which might be their goal. But an achievement shouldn't take that long. What they should do. Is figure out how many coins youre likely to spend in say... 200 hours of real game play.

If you have 200 hours in game. Lets say that a half of that isn't even actually in game, because of loading times and working at the workshop or on you load outs or whatever. So 100 hours in actually game play in a match. Lets say that each map averages 15 minutes. So 4 games per hour. So 400 games. Now lets say you make 35,000 coins per game. Which is a lot more than you'll actually get unless your on a rift lord map or playing dobbin in master.

Now lets multiply that by 400 matches. thats 14,000,000

So lets just round that up to a nice even figure of 20,000,000

So yeah. I am guessing they came up with the 200,000,000 coins arbitrarily. Because if they took some of the in game data collection, which I know they do from other posts they've made. Then they would know that equals probably well over 1,000 hours of gameplay.

Maybe thats what they intended. But I doubt it. I can't think of any game other game off the top of my head that requires that kind of a time commitment to earn a trophy.

• DaxtDaxt Member
    I'm sure the devs did their math; They just didn't choose their audience correct. A PC master race won't have an issue being unable to get an achievement.... Stop a PS4 gamer from a Platinum Trophy and you have a problem.

Additionally, look at all the other achievements this game has that you may not attempt because they don't stand in your way of bragging about a Plat. 

I'm disappointed but still having fun and spending money. I want the plat but don't think I'll get it.... Even with 300 hours of play time in the months to come.

• iRageQuitiRageQuit Member
    edited August 23
    100,000,000 Coin
    lets consider a match is 20 minute long (including loading time, choosing character and traps, statistics page at the end of the match, and readying up), and lets consider you are spending "Averagely" 20,000 Coin a match.

1 hour = 3 matches (each 20 min) = 60,000 Coin
    200,000,000 / 60,000 = 3,333 hours of gameplay!

lets consider you play averagely OMD!U about 8 hours a day (full time job time)

3,333 hours / 8 hours a day = 417 days

you sleep 8 hours, you work 8 hours, and u play OMD!U for 8 hours, it will take you 417 days!!!!

Thats not a platinum dude! this is a no pay job for 15 months!
  • 50,000,000 Coin
    Surely this forum comunity can do better than just 7 votes.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    100,000,000 Coin
    I'm pretty sure that you can get around 1mill in an hour playing dobbin. It might still sound grindy for most though.
  • DaxtDaxt Member
    I haven't seen anyone bragging about how they can get 200k per match so I'd assume that 150 is possible on a consistent basis with Dobbin. 

Even if this is the case you are probably getting 450k an hour assuming a 15 minute match, plus load times, menu time and pre-match setup @ 150k a match.

You are probably 20% into the trophy when you are at the point of being able to grind it. 160m gold at 450k gold an hour is 355 hours at this rate. 

I'm confident that a PC master race will not get as emotional about this subject as a PS4 gamer will. We just want to tell our friends how awesome this game is and show off a trophy. #Feelsbadman.

I haven't posted a screenshot because mine are pitiful.... Haven't broken 140k a match at level 63. I'll get there soon.
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    @TimeMaster @Daxt, you lost me there... I don't think its about earning coins as much as spending them. with the trap limits in game, earning the coins after reaching the limit, without any use of them.
    the trophy is about spending 200m coin.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    100,000,000 Coin
    iRageQuit said:
    @TimeMaster @Daxt, you lost me there... I don't think its about earning coins as much as spending them. with the trap limits in game, earning the coins after reaching the limit, without any use of them.
    the trophy is about spending 200m coin.
    Spending it is a trivial issue. You can die and buy back (This mechanic spends coins on a % of the owned) or use traps like boom barrel and trip wire to spend it.
  • DaxtDaxt Member
    Few ideas:
    Give us 1m starting gold on a weekly challenge instead of making traps cost nothing. This will reward the people who stick around and encourage people to be there for the next if they don't get it.

Make a consumable that can be bought with gibs, gold or skulls that grant gold and is immediately spent to create clones of yourself with the Blackpaw mechanic. Scroll of the Call off the Mercenary. Animation where you call your rich riftwacher grandfather who wires you money to pay for the Mercenary. Ha. Lame.

Anyone have other ideas?
  • iRageQuit said:
    Teck said:
    Dear Teck, i've finished some hard platinums and time consuming ones (witcher 3 - Bloodborne - Dark souls 3 - Shadow of Mordor - uncharted 1,2,3,4 - Crash Bandicoot trilogy - Killing Floor 2 - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition ...) all these are TITLES! some are hard, might take some time to finish, but please lets contemplate to what CremoAcanthis said:

he is lvl 97 and about 20% done! i'd take by the time he reaches lvl 100, he will be arround 25% done!
    i'd take that as a great value to play! 25% of 200m = 50m

are you willing to play for half a year, if not a full year to get to 200m coin?
    the number is just stupid!

Yes, as I stated in my first post.  It is not that I have some unrealistic expectation of attaining this faster.  I expect to play this game for a very long time as long as nothing crazy happens.  I still feel it is fine as is, even if it takes a couple years.  I don't need to "complete" this game and move on.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    That's not the only achievement that needs nerfing. A lot of the Sabotage ones are quite ridiculous still, even though some have been already nerfed.
  • Which Sabotage ones? I nearly finished them all