Petition To Adjust The "Empty Pockets Trophy" - Spend 200,000,000 Coin!

2»

Comments

• JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    the minion summon ones & all those... I barely ever get any bosses and such... it's gonna take forever...
  • Don't think the devs would really care about changing any kind of achievement if it isnt game breaking in someway.

Really, this change only favours achievement hunters/collectors. So it isn't really a huge deal for the devs at all. But I guess they could do it for the fans. 
    They already reduced some of them, so it's not like it's out of the question. It's a matter of wether they agree or not, mostly. But hey, if there's enough vocal support to at least reduce empty pockets, it might happen. I hope they do. I did the majority of my playing (ie finished almost everything) even before they put the achievements up, so it kinda sucks =/
  • It would be very simple to change, and it's clear that this achievement is kinda ludicrous right now. I don't think anyone could get mad at this. I really don't care about achievements, but apparently it's a big deal on PS4, where people like to collect their trophies. So why not let people have it? Making it almost unobtainable might even hurt the game, actually. Even with half the current value it would still be bloody hard to get. I've played 500Hrs and only have it close to, what, 20%? A bit much, I think, especially since every game contributes to it and there's not much you can do to actively make it go faster. Some would say it's a bit cheap, as achievements go!
  • It would be very simple to change, and it's clear that this achievement is kinda ludicrous right now. I don't think anyone could get mad at this. I really don't care about achievements, but apparently it's a big deal on PS4, where people like to collect their trophies. So why not let people have it? Making it almost unobtainable might even hurt the game, actually. Even with half the current value it would still be bloody hard to get. I've played 500Hrs and only have it close to, what, 20%? A bit much, I think, especially since every game contributes to it and there's not much you can do to actively make it go faster. Some would say it's a bit cheap, as achievements go!
    I think anyone who's very close or already attained it would be upset that the work they put in was disregarded so others can get it easier.  I just don't understand the base argument for this in the first place though.  It is called an "achievement" not a "hand me out."  It also isn't a wall blocking any unlockables that affect the game in any way.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    100,000,000 Coin
    Hey everybody. We appreciate all your feedback on this topic and we understand that it can sometimes become frustrating to work towards such a hard trophy or achievement. However, the value cannot be changed for PS4 trophies and it wouldn't be fair to adjust the value for PC players while leaving it at the old value for our PS4 community.
    German Community Manager
  • Teck said:
    It would be very simple to change, and it's clear that this achievement is kinda ludicrous right now. I don't think anyone could get mad at this. I really don't care about achievements, but apparently it's a big deal on PS4, where people like to collect their trophies. So why not let people have it? Making it almost unobtainable might even hurt the game, actually. Even with half the current value it would still be bloody hard to get. I've played 500Hrs and only have it close to, what, 20%? A bit much, I think, especially since every game contributes to it and there's not much you can do to actively make it go faster. Some would say it's a bit cheap, as achievements go!
    I think anyone who's very close or already attained it would be upset that the work they put in was disregarded so others can get it easier.  I just don't understand the base argument for this in the first place though.  It is called an "achievement" not a "hand me out."  It also isn't a wall blocking any unlockables that affect the game in any way.
    There's a clear difference between an achievement that's hard to get and one you can only achieve by playing thousands of hours of a game. That kind of investment is simply ridiculous. And I'm not exagerating, as I said, I played OMDU for more than 500 hours and I'm not even close to half the value required for this achievement. I don't think anyone even has it, and some of OMDU's players are very commited to the game.

Sure, it doesn't unlock anything, and I don't even care for achievements myself. But players on PS4 actively go for them, and expect a fair challenge. I don't think this achievement is fair: it's not interesting, it can hardly be actively pursued, it's just an arbitrary grind. Achievements might be meaningless to some, but they're still part of the game, and such cheaply designed ones simply have no value.

As sashimiak said, it's now clear it's not gonna be changed, since it can't be changed for the people who desire it the most (PS4 players). Still, I think we can all agree that this achievement isn't well designed, and changing it wouldn't make it easy to get. If it was half as high, it would still be nigh unobtainable for a big majority of players...
  • Teck said:
    It would be very simple to change, and it's clear that this achievement is kinda ludicrous right now. I don't think anyone could get mad at this. I really don't care about achievements, but apparently it's a big deal on PS4, where people like to collect their trophies. So why not let people have it? Making it almost unobtainable might even hurt the game, actually. Even with half the current value it would still be bloody hard to get. I've played 500Hrs and only have it close to, what, 20%? A bit much, I think, especially since every game contributes to it and there's not much you can do to actively make it go faster. Some would say it's a bit cheap, as achievements go!
    There's a clear difference between an achievement that's hard to get and one you can only achieve by playing thousands of hours of a game. That kind of investment is simply ridiculous. And I'm not exagerating, as I said, I played OMDU for more than 500 hours and I'm not even close to half the value required for this achievement. I don't think anyone even has it, and some of OMDU's players are very commited to the game.

Sure, it doesn't unlock anything, and I don't even care for achievements myself. But players on PS4 actively go for them, and expect a fair challenge. I don't think this achievement is fair: it's not interesting, it can hardly be actively pursued, it's just an arbitrary grind. Achievements might be meaningless to some, but they're still part of the game, and such cheaply designed ones simply have no value.

As sashimiak said, it's now clear it's not gonna be changed, since it can't be changed for the people who desire it the most (PS4 players). Still, I think we can all agree that this achievement isn't well designed, and changing it wouldn't make it easy to get. If it was half as high, it would still be nigh unobtainable for a big majority of players...
    I guess I just inherently have a completely different mindset and understanding of the achievement process.  I also farm platinum trophies on PSN here and there with having also spent thousands of hours (not even hundreds) on individual titles, but I suppose I simply can't see eye to eye with the majority on this.  When I spend 1400 hours on a title for a trophy or achievement to finally get it, that ENHANCES the experience for me.  The harder it is, the more work I have to put in, the more it FEELS like an achievement to me.  My /played on World of Warcraft for example is LITERALLY over 1 year of collective time since the game first launched, but I don't see any of it as wasted time.  If anything, all that time saved me tons of money that would have likely been spent bar hopping with college buddies at the time.  I have fond memories looking back on the painstaking work I put in most things.  My biggest worry in this game is actually running out of things to work towards.  Achievements and trophies are the number one evolution in video games that has increased my longetivity with titles and I am quite thankful for them in general even if some are a grindfest.  Please let me know how my insight differs from everyone elses experiences.
  • RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
    edited September 30
    10,000,000 Coin
    sashimiak said:
    Hey everybody. We appreciate all your feedback on this topic and we understand that it can sometimes become frustrating to work towards such a hard trophy or achievement. However, the value cannot be changed for PS4 trophies and it wouldn't be fair to adjust the value for PC players while leaving it at the old value for our PS4 community.

"hard trophy" more like "impossibly ridiculous Trophy". Have you even asked Sony to allow you to reduce it? If not, you should. Not even 1% of the OMDU PS4 playerbase will have this trophy in 2 years from now, because you guys made the trophy absolutely ridiculous. Even making it 100 million will be to much, so make it 10 to 50 million and it would actually be reasonable at that point. Anyway, i'm ranting on now. Just please get this achievement sorted. 
    Teck said:

I think anyone who's very close or already attained it would be upset that the work they put in was disregarded so others can get it easier. 
    Is there anyone who's even gotten it? (legit, of course)

eh, honestly I already had around 2k hours of gameplay even before they put the achievements up, so I'm not particularly inclined to do another 2k hours just for one achievement =/
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    sashimiak said:
    I do wonder sometimes if it's actually possible to change the PS4 trophies. I do consider that the trophies themselves are tied to PSN, and once a trophy list has been established, I don't think it's possible to change the actual trophy per se. For example, if this were to actually be changed, it wouldn't be possible to change the trophy (within the trophy list on PSN) to say "spend 100,000,000 coin"; instead, it would forever stay as "spend 200,000,000 coin".

However, I'm not entirely convinced it's not possible to change the value of the given trophy's requirements. In other words, the PSN trophy may not change, but I'm not convinced that it's not possible to have the trophy activate with a different value. I do think it is possible to have the trophy activate after spending 100,000,000 coin (or whatever value) without changing the trophy (as it is listed).

After all, there have been numerous instances of bugged trophies since Sony established them, so it is possible to change the code that affects them; hence, they're not exactly "set in stone".

To Teck - I absolutely mean no disrespect or offense here (as I've been in the situation myself), but if you can spend that much time in a video game, that means you don't have a job lol I cannot say about the rest of the people that visit this forum, but do remember, Robot's customers don't only include those that post on this forum. Since the average person does have a job, I think it's a healthy assumption that most of the people that play this game (or any game) have jobs, or a family to take care of, or something else within their priority system.

The fact is, you have a very skewed perspective and are in a minority, which is why it's important to exercise a little bit of humility and try to consider someone else's perspective. It's bad for business to listen to the 1%. It's fairly basic consumer psychology to understand that you don't design a product that can only be enjoyed/utilized by a small minority (unless there is an established need), particularly in the media industry. If you're offering a product that can be enjoyed by all, it's important to tailor it in such a way that makes it enjoyable to the majority. 

That said, most people aren't completionists (any PS4 user here can look up the plat % of any game; almost everything on my list is a 1% completion rate). Most people do not like to spend a huge amount of time on a single game. It's also bad for the industry for people to spend an overly large amount of time on a single game. Why? Because you're not spending money to make other studios grow. In turn, it runs the potential of leaving the industry very lopsided - if everyone spent all their money on CoD, guess what happens? The people in charge just start making clones of CoD, and everyone else gets left behind. With no diversity or variety, the industry would fall apart.

Don't get me wrong, you're you, and I'm not trying to change however you do things (that's your business, not mine). I'm just trying to explain it in general terms. By coming on here and posting, you're disseminating information for anyone to see, and if there's not anyone that points out the flaw in it, some readers won't understand the problem with it.
  • Fairbanks said:
    sashimiak said:
    I do wonder sometimes if it's actually possible to change the PS4 trophies. I do consider that the trophies themselves are tied to PSN, and once a trophy list has been established, I don't think it's possible to change the actual trophy per se. For example, if this were to actually be changed, it wouldn't be possible to change the trophy (within the trophy list on PSN) to say "spend 100,000,000 coin"; instead, it would forever stay as "spend 200,000,000 coin".

However, I'm not entirely convinced it's not possible to change the value of the given trophy's requirements. In other words, the PSN trophy may not change, but I'm not convinced that it's not possible to have the trophy activate with a different value. I do think it is possible to have the trophy activate after spending 100,000,000 coin (or whatever value) without changing the trophy (as it is listed).

After all, there have been numerous instances of bugged trophies since Sony established them, so it is possible to change the code that affects them; hence, they're not exactly "set in stone".

To Teck - I absolutely mean no disrespect or offense here (as I've been in the situation myself), but if you can spend that much time in a video game, that means you don't have a job lol I cannot say about the rest of the people that visit this forum, but do remember, Robot's customers don't only include those that post on this forum. Since the average person does have a job, I think it's a healthy assumption that most of the people that play this game (or any game) have jobs, or a family to take care of, or something else within their priority system.

The fact is, you have a very skewed perspective and are in a minority, which is why it's important to exercise a little bit of humility and try to consider someone else's perspective. It's bad for business to listen to the 1%. It's fairly basic consumer psychology to understand that you don't design a product that can only be enjoyed/utilized by a small minority (unless there is an established need), particularly in the media industry. If you're offering a product that can be enjoyed by all, it's important to tailor it in such a way that makes it enjoyable to the majority. 

That said, most people aren't completionists (any PS4 user here can look up the plat % of any game; almost everything on my list is a 1% completion rate). Most people do not like to spend a huge amount of time on a single game. It's also bad for the industry for people to spend an overly large amount of time on a single game. Why? Because you're not spending money to make other studios grow. In turn, it runs the potential of leaving the industry very lopsided - if everyone spent all their money on CoD, guess what happens? The people in charge just start making clones of CoD, and everyone else gets left behind. With no diversity or variety, the industry would fall apart.

Don't get me wrong, you're you, and I'm not trying to change however you do things (that's your business, not mine). I'm just trying to explain it in general terms. By coming on here and posting, you're disseminating information for anyone to see, and if there's not anyone that points out the flaw in it, some readers won't understand the problem with it.
    Sorry if i'm taking this the wrong way, but is it not the actual 1% that will be getting the platinum through this trophy? I can literally look at my trophy list and look up game platinum rates right now and see how varied they can be. can anyone with a job or a family really get a 1% trophy? i'm almost absolutely sure they can if they want to. it's their time and money being spent where they want it and if they want to do so on this game so be it. Many platinums on my trophy list have an acquire rate of 1% by which 1% of its userbase has gained every trophy in the game. is it wrong for this developer to include a trophy by which only .1% will ever get? I can look at COD Black Ops 3 and see its .1% acquire rate on platinum. There is a game where you will have one percent of its player base spend thousands of hours on said game because they choose to over a large span of time. this game's plat is not based upon its time spent playing, but the difficulty of gaining the plat. There are plenty of examples of games catering to its one percent player base just to give them something to do. It looks nice when you begin and gives a bit of motivation to get to said level, but of course only one percent(more or less) will ever complete said objective. The only difference is that Robot is up front about something long term.

this is a free to play game and thusly is dependent on the time to play it. progression being slowed adds to total time played and then how much time one follows the game over the game's lifespan. this is then used for the basis of this, what i would also call, ridiculous trophy goal. I do not see it negatively since i know i will never get the trophy nor do i care. trophies for me are nice to get, but are not needed and are usually overlooked by most. This game's is no exception and i find it no different than a trophy goal of playing 100 hours. I could leave my system on for the 100 hour period, but what good would that do if i'd just get that trophy naturally. perhaps in 2 or 3 years from now the .1% will get the achievement and go "cool, i have this super neat achievement that signifies how much i enjoyed playing this game." As teck said, this would truly be an achievement, because who else would get the achievement? the other 99.9% who come and go or play at a more leisure pace where they might log on maybe every now and then to play? no, the point one percent who have followed the game long enough to get said achievement. There is no point in arguing over how this trophy needs to change, because i doubt in the end that most who would get up to 100million coins would simply stop there and play something else. if they got 100 then they can get two the same way over time because this achievement is just a way of showing time spent.
  • TeckTeck Member
    Fairbanks said:
    sashimiak said:

Well, as I stated previously, I'm sorry that I have been having trouble understanding the perspective of the majority.  You said "no disrespect" but that is literally all you did in the explanation that followed.  First you stated that I had no job and followed it with a lol.  That's so funny laugh out loud, except that I was always consistently emplyed full time since the day I turned 17.  That I spent basically all my free time in those days on WoW as my only hobby for nearly a decade is my own perogative.  It is definitely enough time for a game that came out in 2004 to acrue that played time.  Next you stated that I have a "very skewed perspective and are in a minority, which is why it's important to exercise a little bit of humility and try to consider someone else's perspective." which I don't understand because my point of my entire last post can be summed up by the final sentence where I politely requested more insight from others here on this in an attempt to understand better since I recognize that my perspective IS different.  While the rest is mostly just your explanation as to why it is bad to listen to the 1% I honestly don't know if this was yet another shot at me or not so I will presume that it was not as I specified earlier that my WoW days saved me money cause I'm generally not very well off.  The final sentence also implies that I don't understand that I'm spreading information for others to see except I have been consistently responding to multiple people in this conversation so I do grasp the concept quite well already.  I clearly have not been able to find the validity in the general argument which is why I have been responding and attemting to break it down further.  I do not need a "general terms" on this topic as several others have put forth this explanation too.  If have done a poor job making myself understood then I am sorry, but I want the specifics as to the WHY behind this line of thought that makes the concept of investing a lot of time into something like this so "unfair" when as I see it fairness is a completely moot point and it is just an achievement to drive more gameplay time investment to give people something to do.  So I suppose I am taking you wrong again, but as I read it everything you directed at me was simply passive insults.  If anyone else would like to ACTUALLY respond to my position and GENUINELY try to teach me in more specifcs the reasoning behind their position without belittling though, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
  • 50,000,000 Coin
    So... if basically cant be changed? I currently have 97% of the trophies (just this crazy one left), level 87 at the moment and 5 starred ofcourse every map. No the crazy part is that i am only at 10%!!! Of this trophy while i’ve put in around 150 hours(estimation ofcourse since i cant track it). I’ve heard that it already has been nerfed fron 1bil to 200 mil so why cant it be done again?
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    the change happen while on PC, the game was not released on PS4 at the time 
  • 100,000,000 Coin
    Unfair to the ps4 community ? Don't worry about that there's no one on the ps4 who has gotten this trophy yet so changing it would not be an issue , I'm looking at the trophy right now on who's earned it and its at 0.0%, I think this can be removed due to the fact NO ONE can get this. 
2»