Is it me or Bloodspike is just plain AWFUL???

I seriously regret buying this dude, he looked so fun to play, and in theory his kit could be fun to play, be he's just so freakin' clunky.

-Can't move while attacking
-Primary attack frontal area is small compared to other melee heroes
-Main sustain requires him to walk into minions, which is really hard because he has to stop to attack, whole also obviously exposing him to further attacks
-Doesn't do jack sh*t damage unless his secondary is stacked (makes it impossible to solo some mercenaries)
-His abilities cost way too much
-His primary attack isn't strong enough to justify running out of mana so quickly, he just becomes useless whenever he goes oom

Two easy fix could easily solve his gameplay issues:

-Allow him to move freely while attacking
-Remove the mana cost from his secondary

Comments

• LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Its just you.

He starts off a little weak like alot of heroes but with the right setup he can be the top dmg dealer easy.  Also his ability to one shot rifts are great - almost needed for high tier chaos trials.

You are right about the mana, need to devote a trinket or traits to help with this.
  • Check out this guide: Bloodspike, a brutal guide!

I enjoy him, but I mainly ignore the stacks and focus on the stun.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • Thanks for the replies. The guide really helped me. Although i still struggle a lot against high health targets, especially mercenaries and boss. Any tips?
  • I *sigh* every time I see a Bloodspike on my team. It seems most players don't know what to do with him. I wish they would all read a guide.
  • For dealing with high health targets, do stunning execution, it one shots things like giants, armoured grizzlies, ogres.

Bosses and Mercs are a pain no matter who you play as (even if mercs are FAR more dangerous)
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
  • Sheepun said:
    Thanks for the replies. The guide really helped me. Although i still struggle a lot against high health targets, especially mercenaries and boss. Any tips?
    Big game hunting traps
  • Bloodspike is terrible and the developers do not seem interested in buffing him in any way which matters.
  • I as well have found Blood Spike to be clunky and not fun to play.  His attack animations are clunky and slow, having the half second pause for every swing is annoying to me. I honestly have a lot more fun playing as Black Paw then Blood Spike. 
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Bloodspike has nearly the highest dmg of all heroes and is pretty tanky, what else do you want?
  • Axony said:
    Bloodspike has nearly the highest dmg of all heroes and is pretty tanky, what else do you want?
    He has the lowest damage of all heroes.
  • Ok let's do this again.

Do you have a challenge for me to prove that bloodspike is a good hero?

If you win it with any hero and I can't win then I will admit bloodspike is bad.
  • Good smolder player will probably outdamage a good bloodspike player just because of the incinerate range
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Axony said:
    He has the lowest damage of all heroes.
    Lowest dmg of all heroes? this place is reserved for Hogarth until eternity.

Invite me to a game and i show you how much dmg a good Bloodspike does
  • Yup, Hogarth and Bloodspike are the worst heroes by far.
  • Yup, Hogarth and Bloodspike are the worst heroes by far.
    Any proof to back up your claims? I'm happy to prove it to you.
    If you tell me what challenge they can't do which other heroes can and I can't do it. Then I will say that bloodspike is awful.
  • No need to prove anything completely subjective. Pretty much everyone knows these two heroes are terrible.
  • DaxtDaxt Member
    It feels good to be mobile. Characters that can move long distances quickly are my favorite..... Hogarth, bloodspike and bionka are played last on my roster because nothing hurts more than an orc slipping by your traps and while unable to catch them. They are all insanely powerful tho.

Cure this with a teleportation ring or suicide respawn for gold.
  • No need to prove anything completely subjective. Pretty much everyone knows these two heroes are terrible.
    In other words you are unwilling to change your mind, to the possibility that anything you know is wrong. :'(
  • Bloodspike shift can be used as a movement ability, you just have to know when to use it
  • Not feeling the love for my poor Bloodspike. :( If you dis him, you likely don't understand his utility. He is not about topping dmg, although his dmg is decent in the right hands. Leave topping the dps meters to Oziel, Zoey and Stinkeye. His Q, however, is golden: 1 shot any non-merc/boss minion and stun surrounding minions. In combination with a good ranged character like the three I mention this ability alone makes him a monster. His Q also 1 shots unstable rifts which is fantastic in chaos trials. He is basically unkillable with the right weaver upgrades, making him an invaluable tank. Blackpaw has similar survivability, moves much faster and is a better choice on some maps, but Bloodspike can be amazing where you have single pathing.