Release 2.4 for PC - Patch Notes

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    edited August 28
    It's good to have such a big balance update, and as I said, most of what I see in this patch note looks good. But I'm kinda sad to see that we're not getting any real new content, it's been so long... These days I'm playing less and less OMDU. I mean, I've 5-stared everything and unlocked almost every content the game has. CT have been fun for a while but now it feels repetitive all the same... I really hope we'll get new content soon (maps, traps, gear...), but considering the usual time between patches, it wont be before one month a least...
    We agree.  We have several new pieces of content in 2.5.  Stay tuned!
    Post edited by ShadeDev on
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • DonnerstagDonnerstag Member
    edited August 28
    Cool! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Let's hope we don't have to wait for too long for this next patch! (he says as the current one isn't even released yet)
    Post edited by Harmonia on
  • Hey, im fairly new to this community but i want to start by saying that u guys are doing a nice job, we might not always be all in with all ur decisions but we know and understand that its a lot of work doing something like this and maintaining the game. 

Just from my point of view, i would love to see more gib priced items, avatars, skins, anything u see fit realy. I like skins in particular.

Also i agree with what other have been saying, there is a need for new maps.

Thank you for beeing so reachable.
    Best regards,

• PurromancerPurromancer Member
    edited August 25
    Whoa, this is a great-looking patch. A bit sad that the stunning accumulator has been fixed, it gave the flip trap a reason to be used outside of maps that had hazards. Great patch overall, though - very much love the buffs to the heroes, like the slight rebalance of traps. Hope the rebalance of Scorching Trap isn't going to be too bad - it's one of my favourite traps.

Super glad to see you're still supporting the game now and dedicated to it!
  • Love most of these changes. I for one really like the new quest system: I almost never play Sabotage or Matchmaking, so the middle quest was completely irrelevant to me until now.
    Totally agreed. I rather like the quest changes.  I haven't completed that middle quest in months. Plus, I like that you can cancel them individually now. I'm out of heroes to kill Snowflake with and have exhausted the hero chests for some heroes, so it's easy to get stuck with at least one quest that you don't want to hassle with.
  • AmugaAmuga Member
    I really appreciate the change to the dailies and all of the other changes as well, still holding out hopes that you guys will make endless more appealing to be played, keep up the good work though.
  • Are there any picture's for the upcoming skins? im beyond curious for the midnight one!!
  • There are many really good changes here and I am glad to hear that there will be more content soon.
    There are still hardly any fixes for serious bugs which have been around for months though.
  • DrathmarDrathmar Member
    edited August 28
    ShadeDev said:
    Axony said:
    I also hate the change to the quests.

1200 minions will be harder for low level palyers (less minions on lower difficulties)
    450 minions in sabotage is a punishment for good players:
    Sometimes i like to play support Ivy which means I don't really kill minions. (Feels like I'm forced to paly DPS)

The change to the quests was done to provide more flexibility to players. 

You don't have to win or lose, which means you're not disadvantaged for playing harder levels.  You also don't have to grind sabotage if you keep losing.

You don't have you play via matchmaking, which means you can play alone.

It stinks to see that you guys dislike these changes.  We really tried to resolve all of the complaints associated with the exisiting quests. 

Regarding "Survive X waves" - This doesn't really reward better teams, since the game always ends on the same wave for both teams.  Furthermore, it also rewards players for going afk.

Regarding feeling obligated to play support, we include assists in the kill count, so support isn't at nearly the disadvantage that you may think.

Don't mind the complainers, I'm not sure they understand how many minions they kill in a round or can't count. I think it's in there head how much "harder" these quests will be, I personally like this change and hated the 2 sab/match making wins. So much, that i didn't bother with it for the 2-3 months we had it

As long as it's kill minions. (generic as opposed to orcs or trolls only) I like kills option, win or loose, you kill minions.
    Also with the clarification that you don't have to get the killing blow, my only concern is gone

Great job on the patch, looking forward to it
  • Axony said:
    I also hate the change to the quests.

1200 minions will be harder for low level palyers (less minions on lower difficulties)
    450 minions in sabotage is a punishment for good players:
    Sometimes i like to play support Ivy which means I don't really kill minions. (Feels like I'm forced to paly DPS)

Overload Trap:

• No longer disables floor traps that do not deal damage.
    • Trigger delay increased by 1 second.
    So it doesn't disable Tar but a Brimstone? Do is understand this right?
    My question is... Will it disable Steam vents?
  • KirrrKirrr Member
    I like 1vs1 Sabotage solo matchup. Just me and my opponent, no troll-game and much easier to check my tactics, effective or not. I hope that in the future, we can choose to find exactly the Sabotage game with group of 1, 2 or 3 players.
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited August 29
    I love the quest change too.  I mean, look at the first person who complained against it.  They said it was "bullshit for those who win at or are lucky at sabotage".

Why the HELL should I have to be "lucky" at sabotage to do a simple quest every friggin' day!?  (of course, I can also "win" at Sabotage, but winning at sabotage and getting lucky at sabotage are practically the same thing a lot of the time!).  Getting lucky to complete a one-time quest is fine, but EVERY DAY?  People have real life PLANS.  I shouldn't have to adjust my schedule in real life just because I have no idea if I'll get "lucky" and win sabotage early in that day (freeing up my time to do other things, or sometimes even finishing my daily quests too EARLY in the day and thus having nothing else substantial to earn in the game for that day) or if I'll get unlucky and not be able to finish that quest after multiple hours.

Also, the idea that this new quest makes things too "hard" is ridiculous when one can just repeat baths if they want to in order to complete it.  Or they can just play the game if they want to.  In ANY way.  I greatly prefer this flexibility over being forced to find match-made games (which is a real pain for survival and in terms of finding a winning team, gets very inconsistent in Sabotage to the point where I could never know if it was going to take hours to finish that daily quest or 20 minutes).  Too hard because there are less minions on lower difficulties? There aren't THAT much less minions on lower difficulties anyways and it's not like you aren't allowed to play any map as much as you like to finish it.  It just makes the quest slightly longer if you really are that slow at killing things.  Really, by that logic, the "win survival games" quests were too hard for high level players because higher difficulty maps take longer.

The quest change is a very good change.  It makes things more consistent for everyone and also lets them choose how they want to spend their day while still working towards the quest no matter what they decide to do.  It makes sure the quest isn't too trival just because you got "lucky" while also making sure the quest doesn't take a stupid long amount of time just because you were "unlucky"

(although I do still personally think "survive 10 sabotage rounds" might have been a bit better but the practical difference between that and "kill or assist with 450 minions" probably isn't very big, anyways)
    Post edited by Lorelle on
  • I personally support these changes. I think its much better. 
    • "Win 2 Sabotage Games" daily quest has been changed to "Kill 450 minions in Sabotage".
    • "Win 5 Matchmade Games" daily quest has been changed to "Kill 1200 minions".
  • Gabby buffs are really nice. She was already a lot better in Sabo than people think. Use weavers for CC buffs and bring cooldown reduction and you are able to alternate an AOE stun and AOE Mesmerize that doesn't break on damage.
  • Here are some of the skins coming out this patch:

We will get this max skin if we win endless summer

Baywatch inspired Ivy. 

Bionka inspired by Jessica Rabbit: Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Also patch notes mentioned a Tundra skin and Hogarth one. Are they still coming? Or just a bit later?
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • Argh! Me ballistas! If you listen closely you can hear my heart breaking.
  • As a player who loves and prefers silly and weird skins over the skins that make heroes look "cool," these new skins are just orgasmic. :p
  • Harmonia said:
    • Minions will now be killed if they are knocked against the wall on Throne Room.
    Not exactly fixed but has reduced by quite a bit. In one match managed to get 2 minions through the wall.
  • Lorelle said:
    I love the quest change too.  I mean, look at the first person who complained against it.  They said it was "bullshit for those who win at or are lucky at sabotage".

Why the HELL should I have to be "lucky" at sabotage to do a simple quest every friggin' day!?  (of course, I can also "win" at Sabotage, but winning at sabotage and getting lucky at sabotage are practically the same thing a lot of the time!).  Getting lucky to complete a one-time quest is fine, but EVERY DAY?  People have real life PLANS.  I shouldn't have to adjust my schedule in real life just because I have no idea if I'll get "lucky" and win sabotage early in that day (freeing up my time to do other things, or sometimes even finishing my daily quests too EARLY in the day and thus having nothing else substantial to earn in the game for that day) or if I'll get unlucky and not be able to finish that quest after multiple hours.

Except that I specifically said "good players" and (with the addition of) "luck". Knowing the timing to use minions and spells play a very big role in messing up your opponent's rift; that and your luck of getting the right cards and door spawns, also with the sacrifice of 500c per card roll. It's what made sabotage to be competitive. The problem I have with the new quest system is that people would stop to try hard at winning (no incentive at all to win early or score points cause it will skip sudden death/endless) and sabotage will turn into another endless mode.

I admit that winning two games can be frustrating for new (or less skilled) players because of how retarded the matchmaker can be (I've been in games where I'm with other high lvls are pitched against obvious team of new players), but the new system just made the competitiveness of sabotage to be moot. Might as well they make a matchmaking for endless mode so people can easily snatch the "Kill 1200 minions" quest.