Gabby Blink Feedback

2»

Comments

• Everyone saying blinking off cliffs is not a problem needs to open their mind and think from someone elses perspective for a change.  Using the logic that gabby's blink off cliffs is avoided with some skill completely nullifies the point of the change.  The point of the change was to make it easier for those with no skill, so stating they should "just have skill" is nonsensical.

Im fine with forward blink, I like it a lot actually.  I think it really opens up Gabby's game, but the blinking off a cliff part is really dumb.  Youre gonna have noobs just not bother with her for fear of accidentally screwing up on some maps.  As I stated previously, Im over this.  Let it play out and I think the data will support my view. Gabby is a map-dependent liability at low skill levels due to her ability to accidentally suicide. I think at higher levels its mitigated somewhat, but there is still that threat of accidental suicide whereas previously there wasnt.  Directional blink is not enough of a buff to offset this nerf IMO. 
  • Axony said:
    "shift" ability is the R3 button on PS4
    When I plug my Xbox 360 controller into my PC, OMDU displays a convenient UI indicating the controller mapping.  There's no button listed for the "shift" ability, and it is listed as being unmapped in the control menu.

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    vrmlbasic said:
    Axony said:
    When I plug my Xbox 360 controller into my PC, OMDU displays a convenient UI indicating the controller mapping.  There's no button listed for the "shift" ability, and it is listed as being unmapped in the control menu.

Controller support on PC is somewhat broken right now.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited September 19
    vrmlbasic said:
    Axony said:
    Some various options for mostly complete controller support:
    http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/12672/how-to-configure-full-controller-support

It ain't perfect, but it's as close as I could get with the current design of the game. There's no way to get Sabotage staves to work without third party tools and some of the Gear are still broken (no quickcast).
  • I personally prefer the change.  I very rarely used it before.  While I understand that with any change there are positives and negatives, I believe that this new problem of teleporting off cliffs is merely a matter of user error.  Every new change always requires a period of adaption for acquiring the nuances of use.  I don't see this continuing to be an issue long term.
  • xciencexcience Member, Early Access
    hate it. I use to use blink constantly in games now I never do because its ease of operation is to cumbersome.

I do also think in the long term this will not be an issue.......because all the people who liked it the way it was just wont play her. but rest assured we all still hate it. Its major flaw is not that you go flying off a cliff. its that it makes the blink function which stuns redundant. this is a shame because its a key tactic in high round gameplay to bunch up everything by mesmerizing and stuning back and fort then killing 50 units at once in a kill box. its still doable but not fun or enjoyable due to random misplacement at time during a game where a feather duster can kill you.

the feature to blink in any direction you want should have been coupled with the double blink weaver. this is where it is useful anyways. blink in mez blink out. in all other scenarios the need to blink forward left or right is pointless. 
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    xcience said:
    hate it. I use to use blink constantly in games now I never do because its ease of operation is to cumbersome.

I do also think in the long term this will not be an issue.......because all the people who liked it the way it was just wont play her. but rest assured we all still hate it. Its major flaw is not that you go flying off a cliff. its that it makes the blink function which stuns redundant. this is a shame because its a key tactic in high round gameplay to bunch up everything by mesmerizing and stuning back and fort then killing 50 units at once in a kill box. its still doable but not fun or enjoyable due to random misplacement at time during a game where a feather duster can kill you.

the feature to blink in any direction you want should have been coupled with the double blink weaver. this is where it is useful anyways. blink in mez blink out. in all other scenarios the need to blink forward left or right is pointless. 
    Using blink to traverse the map is hardly useless.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Sry but i joined the game recently  and had a chance to play Gabby prior to patch for like 2 days before the patch dropped iirc. I like the way the blink works now way better to traverse the map especially in solo play havig to defend multiple gates. In the end it allows more control and it not unituitive. She blinks in the direction you moving. I mean i always walk backwards to kite with Gab and if minions are close i blink. Only issues i had with it were some collision detection with steps in eventite based maps where my forward blink would stop midway hitting the steps. If i had a vote in dev room to revert the Blink i would vote no. That s my 2 cents.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Everyone saying blinking off cliffs is not a problem needs to open their mind and think from someone elses perspective for a change.  Using the logic that gabby's blink off cliffs is avoided with some skill completely nullifies the point of the change.  The point of the change was to make it easier for those with no skill, so stating they should "just have skill" is nonsensical.

Im fine with forward blink, I like it a lot actually.  I think it really opens up Gabby's game, but the blinking off a cliff part is really dumb.  Youre gonna have noobs just not bother with her for fear of accidentally screwing up on some maps.  As I stated previously, Im over this.  Let it play out and I think the data will support my view. Gabby is a map-dependent liability at low skill levels due to her ability to accidentally suicide. I think at higher levels its mitigated somewhat, but there is still that threat of accidental suicide whereas previously there wasnt.  Directional blink is not enough of a buff to offset this nerf IMO. 
    huh and here I thought it was changed so Gabs would be a bit more useful =P

Anyways, I don't see the issue... it's a game where you CAN fall off cliffs and die... and some heros have a higher chance of doing so if you don't pay attention (like BP).

Directional blink opens up more gamplay otpions so it's good. Learning how to calculate your distances is a pretty basic gameplay skill that is required in the vast majoirty of videogames since before Mario Bros... it's really not a big issue AT ALL.
  • with the way blink is now it is awesome. You can do things that were not able to be done with it before. Blinking over pools of acid in throne room, and going from Rift to the one of the sides in maximum security, etc. these were things that were really limited to only blackpaw, but now gabby can do similar things that pounce is able to accomplish
2»