blacklist players ps4

Is there a way to blacklist players so you don't end up playing with them again? Have run across some players that just run around by the rift never doing anything not even attacking mobs, I've had people who have an empty inventory to where they get money but can't place traps, and I've had players that quit before the first match because they don't like how everyone else has their traps set up. Would be nice not to have to play again with such people.

Comments

• tronixdetronixde Member
    edited September 10
    sadly no... even though I was luckily enough that I've never encountered the "empty-loadout" type one's, I encountered a few of the "place-a-barricade-where-I-want-or-I'll-leave" type, even some "if-we-don't-do-it-as-I-want-I'll-sabotage-your-match" kind of players... 

@moderator speaking of which: I've recorded one of the latter as he sabotaged our sabotage game, is there some kind of reporting platform where I could submit the footage to robot? 
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    tronixde said:
    sadly no... even though I was luckily enough that I've never encountered the "empty-loadout" type one's, I encountered a few of the "place-a-barricade-where-I-want-or-I'll-leave" type, even some "if-we-don't-do-it-as-I-want-I'll-sabotage-your-match" kind of players... 

@moderator speaking of which: I've recorded one of the latter as he sabotaged our sabotage game, is there some kind of reporting platform where I could submit the footage to robot? 
    https://support.robotentertainment.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Was playing last night.  Rift Lord matchmade.  Got a lobby for The Baths and teammate Ivy runs to the spawn door and spams the entire floor area with floor spikes so that no one else can put any traps down.  I asked him to sell a couple of them (so I could put down some tar, which I showed on the floor behind the guardian area).  He refused.  I left the game before wave 1 started.

I start a new matchmade game and and was selecting my loadout when I get the "failure - game over" screen from the game I quit.  That forced me out of the new match I had just started.  OK.  I queue up again.

I get a new lobby and "Ivy" is in this lobby (Throne Room map this time).  Oh boy.  "Ivy" is now Temper.  I pick Smolder and purposely go to the back of the map to place the Priest guardian and give Temper time to do whatever he wants at the spawn door.  Surprisingly, Temper doesn't put a single trap down at the spawn door.  I put up some barricades and few traps.  Game starts.  Temper proceeds to litter the map with floor spikes and arrow walls anywhere he can as soon as he can.  Wave 3 and we are approaching trap limit.  Not sure how he placed so many of these traps so quickly, but whatever.  It's clear he's not a team player.  I watch as he proceeds to start replacing some floor spikes with brimstone after we've reached trap limit.  Looks like Temper is just trying to monopolize the trap cap to spend as much coin as possible.  Thanks a lot 200,000,000 achievement/trophy.  So, I stop actively playing. No way I'm interested in helping this selfish doofus.  A short while later, Temper stops playing too and spends the rest of the match jumping in circles around me.

Would I like a way to put Ivy/Temper on a block list so I don't have to play with him/her again?  Hell yes.
  • CzassityCzassity Moderator, Robot Entertainment
     Hello everyone!

Thank you for all of the feedback here! We do know how frustrating it is to encounter players that can deliberately sabotage matches, go AFK, or troll a round.

As PS4 accounts are hosted on Sony's end, we do not have an ability to block players for you, however- you can block players on your PS4 whom you would prefer not to play with. Sony has provided instructions on how to do so here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-use-your-playstation-4-to-block-or-unblock-a-playstation-/

We do take player reports very seriously, and if you see a player that is violating the Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use Policy, or the Terms of Service in any way, you can report their activity to Robot Entertainment. To report a player, fill out a Support Ticket here: 
  • BerninhellBerninhell Member
    edited September 14
    The PS4 account blocking prevents blocked accounts from sending you friend requests or messages, but does not prevent OMDU from putting you into the same game session with them when you queue up for a matchmade game.

If Robot can implement a player rating system like is being discussed here ( https://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/14249/commendation-rating-system-for-teammates#latest ), then perhaps it would be possible to include an option to add a player to an OMDU blocklist instead of rating them and then check that block list when the player queues up for a matchmade game?