About Yi-Lin default skin

2»

Comments

• MeltedCowMeltedCow Member
    edited September 27
    Personally I don't like Yi-Lin's default outfit. Not just the order-y, but how smexy it is. Max's beach bod skin doesn't make up for Smolder and Yi-Lin having outfits like that. Or Deadeye. ew. I'm fine with these outfits as long as there are ones for guys. Like when Sir Winston comes back, if ever, he better have a skin that does this kind of thing. Surfer would be nice. 
    Ain't no chillin' in the land of the villains....
  • Guys you complain about Sexy skins haven't you seen the Hogarth Summer Skin? /flex all day. Also Robot can we have a /flex emote plz xD
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Nah I'm cool with it, she's from the chinese branch of the warmages, no reason why they'd be all dressed the same way =P

No but seriously, there's a more "traditional" skin if you want her to look like that, I'm okay with more different looks in the game.
  • I'd like to ask that her order skin be directly purchasable at least. Making people buy random packs for her best skin is just going to poke an open wound ie: it'd disappoint me and tick the people already complaining about random skin boxes off.
  • TeckTeck Member
    Guys you complain about Sexy skins haven't you seen the Hogarth Summer Skin? /flex all day. Also Robot can we have a /flex emote plz xD
    For the record, I wasn't complaining rather than just displaying bemusement at the comparisons.
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited October 9
    Hogarth doesn't really have very sexy proportions though.  He's more humorous in proportion. Of the male characters, only Max and possibly Winston remotely resemble a shape that could be considered conventionally attractive, I think.  Well, maybe Oziel too if he had an actual body (but I think he doesn't).
  • Naked, sexy and sexualized aren’t the same things. I think Robot is doing okay in terms of having designs mostly free of sexism (for a video game company anyway).

As for Yi-Lin, it’ll depend on her voice lines. I do like the order skin a lot more though. 
  • Boy did it take the wind out of my sails when I saw that Yi-Lin's Order Skin was put into the big ol' Vanity box. I'm wondering if this is a result of them making the deal to have the "Slayin' in the Rain" skin be a PS4 exclusive, so they couldn't just have that be the thing they put into that box.

I haven't been around long enough to know how these launches go. Is there a chance that they will put that skin with the other directly purchasable ones in the coming months? Considering she's now the only character that doesn't have one there? (I'm in the bargaining part of grief at the moment).

I own 0 of the skins in the Grand Vanity Chest so a guaranteed drop for that (i.e. every item) would require 27000 gold. I'm no whale and, looking over my finances, I won't be able to afford to be one any time soon. I'll live, and I get that the developers gotta eat, but it sure bummed me out.
  • Yeah, of course her only available skin is in the randomest of the random lootboxes. To be honest, I did play Yi-Lin a bit and I think she's a very unimaginative character with a very bland playstyle, so I'm not gonna play her much anyway. Still, this random lootbox system is the worst.

I haven't been around long enough to know how these launches go. Is there a chance that they will put that skin with the other directly purchasable ones in the coming months? Considering she's now the only character that doesn't have one there? (I'm in the bargaining part of grief at the moment).
    They've never done something like that, so I don't think they will. For now, her Order skin is locked in a very random box, her raincoat skin is unavailable for PC players, and PS4 players have to buy a pack if they don't want to wait another week to try her. All of that for a recycled character who, in my opinion, is very sub-par in every aspect. Can't say I'm too pleased with everything surrounding this patch, honestly. :/
  • ManceRaderManceRader Member
    edited November 2
    Yeah, of course her only available skin is in the randomest of the random lootboxes. To be honest, I did play Yi-Lin a bit and I think she's a very unimaginative character with a very bland playstyle, so I'm not gonna play her much anyway. Still, this random lootbox system is the worst.

Hey, if you are looking for the yi-lin skin you could try registering for our endless event. If you win you can choose any skin/dye available in the game. We would love to have you there. https://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/14439/first-ever-nuns-community-event#latest
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited November 4
    The fact that they did what they did with Yi-Lin's costumes (making the lore-friendly costume be in the huge random box instead of direct purchase and instead the raincoat, which is what you'd expect to be in the huge random box, be PS4 exclusive to make Yi-Lin be cash exclusive for a bit) even when this thread came up and they said they were looking for feedback about this was really just very very mean of them.  It's almost like someone there should be rubbing their hands together menacingly and twirling their moustache while laughing "That'll show those pathetic fools!  Muahahaha!" or something.
  • cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
    edited November 9
    This is bad quality, I think she'd look better if she had:

-more clothing, as in, a longer skirt, instead of just plain flesh, way to avoid character design.

-a longer idle animation, its loop's so short she looks like she's having a seizure, seriously fix it, she wiggles her butt way too fast (which reminds us, she's wigglyin her butt...  ...).

-a closer player camera, I mean, each character has its own camera range, just compare Stinkeye/Tundra vs smaller characters, you do notice the difference, Yi-Lin's so far out you can't see the roses in her hair like you should (which contributes to her bland feeling) and the needle creates visual artifacts, it's pixel-ish.

-better lines, I mean "we only had weapons and we were glad for them?" and the cringy accent (which I can accept, with time, maybe)? Other characters display plenty of black humour towards orcs, or funny lines in general, there's none here, we're actually reminded we're slaughtering hordes of mongolian/chinese people, seriously, this is Orcs Must Die!, not Chinese Must Die!, didn't anyone think about ethical controversies here? (Though I may be blowing this out of proportion here) Or redubbing their chinese lines like Yi-Lin's?

Not to mention the new skins: Hogarth's clips with its shield, Ivy's clips with its skirt, Midnight's skin's head and hair look so weird and large and her facial expression's nothing vaguely resembling its default counterpart.

Her kit's ok though only veteran players may come to appreciate her.

Her utility is combo-generation (each combo point gives +25% coin off of that mob IIRC), because each different attack produces 1 combo point +1 combo point for the elemental (physical) attack, since you have to constantly rotate her skills in order to play her effectively she usually produces extra coin.

However the skills by themselves aren't as game-changing as other heroes' which display higher utility that way, also the skills look way too similar in animation and purpose, contributing again to the bland feeling.

• -a closer player camera, I mean, each character has its own camera range, just compare Stinkeye/Tundra vs smaller characters, you do notice the difference, Yi-Lin's so far out you can't see the roses in her hair like you should (which contributes to her bland feeling) and the needle creates visual artifacts, it's pixel-ish.
    You can change this on pc. By alt+pg up/down this will go through different angles. Also you can alt+scroll to zoom in/out.
    This will reset after the match is finished though, so you will have to change it every map.
  • cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
    edited November 9
    I tried to edit my comment and it got deleted when I pressed "save comment" instead, can someone restore it? (it was a long post)

*EDIT* thanks
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Let me just twirl my magic wand and take care of that for you.  ;)
    It got stuck in the Spam Queue, I removed it. Have fun discussing this further
    German Community Manager
2»