[PS4] Suggestions of sorts.

XarkiesXarkies Member
edited September 12 in General Discussion
I know that this topic should actually go to the "Suggestion box" but that area is generally overlooked by players/users I'd say. So I'll post it here and if need be you can put it there instead. 

So yeah, I was thinking that if it is possible that we get an actually Text Based chat in game, I mean with the current wheel, it is not that bad, just really uncomfortable and it does lack the "spark" for players to notices it, when someone uses it, it will pin on the map and make a sound (not loud, but nor is it that quiet, but still it is and can be ignored while playing) And the message in the bottom left corner is really small to be noticed by someone while killing orcs, and boulders are falling from the celling with spikes coming from the floor with fire being shot from the walls etc...  And in many cases when selecting an item during a wave. You can accidentally click either down or up arrows on the D-pad and select a level up, so would it be possible that after the wave, or during the wave, we can actually select the level up menu using the touch pad?

Also will it be possible for us to customize our controller layouts ourselves?  Will we be able to resize the HUD as well?  There is one more thing that is a problem not a big one, but it can get annoying for those who are placing a trap mid battle and want to select " I need help here" but the settings won't allow it, and then he must first select "L2/R2" to get back to primary fire and then select the right joystick to notify the players. Can that be done while selecting the traps or not?  

Will there be a way for us to report players for quitting, trolling, dying on purpose etc...  ? Since it is really vexing when people just jump over the cliff because we lost 1 point. Which I know is also annoying when you let that 1 Kobold slip pass you..  Or a system to rate a player 5 stars. After like he collects 100 stars he gets  300-500 skulls? Something like that to maybe make players play better and cooperate so that they can get stars and the extra skulls (rating players after the match, where one can get 10 stars in total if both players rate him 5 stars)? 

*added* And will there be a "quest tracker" in game, so if I don't know you need to knock 15 orcs with Zoeys book of the map.. every time you do so it would pop up in the right corner the size of an "Achievement unlocked" and tell you " Zoey quest. Progress: 9/15" something like that?

Those are a couple of ideas I had, since I can't really play the game that much now, the HUD and some performance issues get in the way of me fully enjoying the game.  
Post edited by Xarkies on

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    edited September 12
    Hi there! I have passed along all your questions since I didn't know the answer to some of them myself. I will update as soon as I know more, sorry about that! I will also leave this post here since it's a mix of feedback, questions and suggestions. However, with your permission I would like to make a seperate post in suggestions with your star rating / commendation system. I think it's a great idea with a lot of potential and I would love to get player feedback on it. The idea regarding a quest tracker I passed on directly. Thank you for this post!

To answer the questions:

Q1: Will there be a fully functioning chat for PS4?
     -> The team is looking into several different ways of communication at the moment so keep an eye out for news and updates!
    Q2: "And in many cases when selecting an item during a wave. You can accidentally click either down or up arrows on the D-pad and select a level up, so would it be possible that after the wave, or during the wave, we can actually select the level up menu using the touch pad?"
     -> Unfortunately this isn't technically possible at this point
    Q3: Will there ever be fully customizable controller layouts for PS4?
     -> This is something we've seen a few requests for but there are currently no specific plans I can share. 
    Q4: Will we get a resizable HUD?
     -> The team is currently looking into some changes around the HUD. We will share specifics with the players as soon as we can!
    Q5: "Here is one more thing that is a problem not a big one, but it can get annoying for those who are placing a trap mid battle and want to select " I need help here" but the settings won't allow it, and then he must first select "L2/R2" to get back to primary fire and then select the right joystick to notify the players. Can that be done while selecting the traps or not?"
     -> Unfortunately not. R3 while placing traps is for rotating traps. You need to have your primary weapon selected in order to send pings.
    Q6: Currently the only option is to submit a ticket with our support: https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/support/contact-us but the team is looking at other options.
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    Hi there! I have passed along all your questions since I didn't know the answer to some of them myself. I will update as soon as I know more, sorry about that! I will also leave this post here since it's a mix of feedback, questions and suggestions. However, with your permission I would like to make a seperate post in suggestions with your star rating / commendation system. I think it's a great idea with a lot of potential and I would love to get player feedback on it. The idea regarding a quest tracker I passed on directly. Thank you for this post!

To answer the questions:

Q1: Will there be a fully functioning chat for PS4?
     -> The team is looking into several different ways of communication at the moment so keep an eye out for news and updates!
    Q2: "And in many cases when selecting an item during a wave. You can accidentally click either down or up arrows on the D-pad and select a level up, so would it be possible that after the wave, or during the wave, we can actually select the level up menu using the touch pad?"
     -> Unfortunately this isn't technically possible at this point
    Q3: Will there ever be fully customizable controller layouts for PS4?
     -> This is something we've seen a few requests for but there are currently no specific plans I can share. 
    Q4: Will we get a resizable HUD?
     -> The team is currently looking into some changes around the HUD. We will share specifics with the players as soon as we can!
    Q5: "Here is one more thing that is a problem not a big one, but it can get annoying for those who are placing a trap mid battle and want to select " I need help here" but the settings won't allow it, and then he must first select "L2/R2" to get back to primary fire and then select the right joystick to notify the players. Can that be done while selecting the traps or not?"
     -> Unfortunately not. R3 while placing traps is for rotating traps. You need to have your primary weapon selected in order to send pings.
    Q6: Currently the only option is to submit a ticket with our support: https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/support/contact-us but the team is looking at other options.
    Yeah, sure I don't mind. As I said before I love the game, the only problem is the optimization and these somewhat "tweaks" that can be made. ^^