Sabotage Ranking System

Does anyone know how many wins it takes to go from Gold 1 to Plat 5? I've had 4 wins in a row at Gold 1 yet I haven't been promoted. Is there some sort of Elo goal I have to reach?
The Guckman always Gucks in the end.

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    edited September 21
    Exactly.  It depends on the skill of your team and the skill of your enemies.  The better players you beat, the faster you'll reach the next rank.
    Post edited by ShadeDev on
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Just give up on ranking, its a pointless metric. No matter how low you are you will get matched with people who are top ranked. You will fight to gain 1 rank just to lose it after 1 loss and you need countless more wins to get it back.
  • Just give up on ranking, its a pointless metric. No matter how low you are you will get matched with people who are top ranked. You will fight to gain 1 rank just to lose it after 1 loss and you need countless more wins to get it back.
    But what about all the incentives and rewards for playing Sabotage?  Sabotage is obviously the most popular game mode due to how much it rewards the players for playing it in comparison to the rewards for every other game mode.
    But what about all the incentives and rewards for playing Sabotage?  Sabotage is obviously the most popular game mode due to how much it rewards the players for playing it in comparison to the rewards for every other game mode.
    What rewards?
    You get some sabotage consumables that can only be used for sabotage and an insignifficat amount of skulls and exp. Chaos trials gives you a lot of skulls and trap cards how is that not better than sabotage?
    What rewards?
    You get some sabotage consumables that can only be used for sabotage and an insignifficat amount of skulls and exp. Chaos trials gives you a lot of skulls and trap cards how is that not better than sabotage?
    I'm not sure, but I believe Justice may have been being sarcastic.
    What rewards?
    I'm not sure, but I believe Justice may have been being sarcastic.
    If thats the case sorry my bad
  • They need to reset the rankings.  A lot fo people parked in the higher ranks and it amkes it really hard for the few active players to move up.  How many of those diamond players still play?  Next sabo update, rankings should reset. 
  • It would be lovely if sabo ranks were reset <3

Or change it so you have to win at least one game a week to maintain your rank? Otherwise, yes, all the top ranks are just empty, meaningless slots really.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    The ranking system is not influenced by inactive players.  In other words, inactive players do NOT take away high ranked spots from you.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Honestly my suggestion would be getting rid of the ranks altogether. And I say this as someone who has been up in Diamond 1 at least a couple times now. It's more of a hassle and source of anguish than anything, having to play 5-10 games to move up one spot, then drop up to 30 for one loss. And when you're on platinum or above the chances of finding a team that'll boost you up is far smaller than the chances of making a mistake or getting paired with a bad random that'll cost you up to 30 spots in the rank. (alternatively get rid of ELO, maybe)

Bad side effect: it might become even less populated since a lot of players seem to take pride in ranking up and being "the best", and taking that reward would leave them with no incentive to play. Good side effect: it helps filter out the people who play only for rank, the ones who are highly likely to quit the lobby if their partners are low level or even quit the match the moment they lose points. Best case scenario, people start playing for fun, which in the end is what matters.