Reset Endless Leader-boards

Sou1ReaperSou1Reaper Member
edited September 26 in Suggestion Box

Due to those long lists of nerfs coming at all patchs, it will be harder and harder (already impossible on some areas) to do anything in those leader-boards.

If you’re looking at maps such as Endless : The Baths, Throne Room, Crogon Keep, Eventide Fortress and The Wall, just remember those scores was done with tactics that doesn’t work anymore and it’s unfair.

By example on baths, i did 64,305,996 at level96 with Cygnus and had like only 25 tier7 traps so i’ve used what i had :

-      Floor Scorcher tier7 (nerfed by 20% re-fire rate)

-      Viscous Tars tier7

-      Great wall barricades tier7

-      Flip Traps tier7 (nerfed by the Stunning Accumulator part)

-      Push Traps tier7 (nerfed by the Stunning Accumulator part)

-      Ceiling Ballistas tier7 (nerfed by 10% re-fire rate)

-      Arcane Bowling Ball tier5

Still the same for my score on Throne Room, 4 of the 8 Traps i’ve used got nerfed resulting as a massive nerf.

(Flip Traps, Concussive Pounder, Ceiling Ballistas, Spike Wall, Viscous Tar, Great Wall Barricades, Naphtha Sprayer and Big Game Hunting Ballista for get out those waves of Bouncing Bears and Dwarf Priests always behind it : worst combo ever for Smolder when having over 200,000 hp + the shield)

Since endless is the true end-game mode because there isn’t any PvP (hero versus hero i mean), it would be nice to give an another reset due to those numerous changes. Give it a new breath for new players and also veterans to have a game as fair as possible and a chance to be number 1.

If you like Endless mode, you can post it you’re achievement / ask me some useful tips and say YES to a reset of leader-boards too.

Post edited by Sou1Reaper on

Comments

• So no one realized damage get lowered by almost 50% for Endless Mode since large minions has the largest health pool and other nerfs ?
    By how many % scores get reduced due to this you think ? Like 25-50% in my opinion depending of the map.

And i'm only talking about traps, not fire elementals buffs, heroes nerfs and minion paths changed.

That's why it would be nice to reset Leader-boards on old endless maps which are dead at the moment.

• Agree 100%, all values on the leaderboard are to some extent the product of a coding error with the stunning accumulator. They need to be reset and seasonal for patch changes. The top scores could receive a nominal reward.  I imagine if there was any money to be made/ anyone took it seriously beyond a handful of people you might see some action on this. There's a huge barrier to entry though to compete for this.
  • FloofinatorFloofinator Member
    edited September 29
    Sou1Reaper, Meant to ask, post stunning nerf, could you post your current trap loadout you find most effective for this.

(Flip Traps, Concussive Pounder, Ceiling Ballistas, Spike Wall, Viscous Tar, Great Wall Barricades, Naphtha Sprayer and Big Game Hunting Ballista for get out those waves of Bouncing Bears and Dwarf Priests always behind it : worst combo ever for Smolder when having over 200,000 hp + the shield)

Is this your current trap setup? or your setup from before the nerf of stunning accumulator
  • Sorry its a 8-traps list : i was using mainly those only for Throne Room.

My wave54 Smolder setup : Flip Traps, Concussive Pounder, Spike Wall, Viscous Tar, Great Wall Barricades, Naphtha Sprayer and BGH Ballistas.
    Didn't reached that wave with other heroes when replacing Naphtha Sprayer by Ceiling Ballistas.

Now it's a good option to use Shock Zappers on Ceiling and Floor Scorchers on the floor.

My endless setups at the moment are based on : Great Wall Barricades, Floor Scorchers, Shock Zappers and Viscous Tars, the reset depend of the map and the hero you use. Not using anymore Stunning Accumulator traps expect Push Traps in few situations.

• While I personally do not care for the leaderboards and thus have no horse in this race, I do think OP's stance is valid with significant specific citation for this.  I'll throw my vote in.
  • Same with Teck. If Highscores were made by abusing stuff that are currently patched it would be only fair to reset the boards.
  • Sou1ReaperSou1Reaper Member
    edited October 1
    Hello, thanks you for comments.
    Leader-boards in Endless can help everyone to know how far they could go.
    You can approximately know how many waves the others did and try to improve yourself, kill as much as possible :).

https://youtu.be/F1b-puNt1Gk

You can try see my video on Baths Endless if it can help anyone. Just showing you how my old baths build worked.
    Down from wave 64 to 54 :). Almost 43 Millions score here with some mistakes.

Post edited by Sou1Reaper on
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hey guys! We are keeping a close eye on this thread since it contains quite a bit of valid feedback from a lot of you and we'll be passing the input along as you post. 
    German Community Manager