The Level Cap

So, I'm only lvl 88 so far, but, the closer I get, the closer I feel I'm about to finish the game. I noticed there are a few videos around of the old version of the game, where at lvl 100 you got soft capped, and after that, you'd still level up, but the stats you got were very, VERY reduced, but still there, giving a sense of progression...I mean, from what I can tell, once at lvl 100, that's it, you'll most likely have finished everything, every 5 star, and if you have not unlocked every premium thing in the shop, it won't take nearly as long to get the gibs as it may seem, since most traps will be tier 7.

Adding the soft cap, will make it so players are still rewarded for playing the game, but make it so that they don't get far too strong compared to other players, and make the levels much harder to get. In case of "Maps are going to become too easy", let's look at it like this...If you're lvl 100, they already were too easy (except for survival and tier 8-12 Rift Lord Chaos Trials), and there are plenty of players that can't make it pass tier 5-7 in Chaos Trials, and with no way out of it, they just get stuck with useless Chaos Keys.

Any chance the Level Cap will ever be removed?

Comments

• JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    One reason there was a soft cap was also because dyes were unlocked with account level (every hero its own lvl 100 cap). Since that is no longer the case, there's no real point to progress further than lvl 100.
  • Jacowboy said:
    One reason there was a soft cap was also because dyes were unlocked with account level (every hero its own lvl 100 cap). Since that is no longer the case, there's no real point to progress further than lvl 100.
    Hmm, I did not know that. Still maybe they will one day just turn it into a soft cap, and if not well, hopefully the new Wu Xing faction coming in the next update will give something new to do.

I still think the soft cap would give some minimum, extra reward for continuing to play. I know I'm one of the very few, or only guy that is bothered by the level cap.

No doubt I'll still come back after each update with new maps and such.
  • What if when you reached level 100 you unlocked mastery ranks for each character so that all the experience earned gets applied to that hero's mastery rank? This would basically provide an infinite grind without affecting the overall balance.

As for what each mastery rank would reward, well, that depends how much work the devs want to do but could include unique disco balls, victory dances, character portraits, mastery weapons/skins, etc.
  • Thats, an actually good idea. I mostly just feel there should be some reward for those that keep playing after lvl 100, so that would work perfectly.
  • you used to get heroic dye for 50 lvls and legendary for 100, they could do implement that again as a reward for "mastery"
  • sadly now the skin dyes must be bought into the shop, they are in the chests
  • sadly now the skin dyes must be bought into the shop, they are in the chests
    And I never liked the chest/loot crates system...Just let me spend to buy what I want... :(
  • CriminalScum said:mi
    sadly now the skin dyes must be bought into the shop, they are in the chests
    And I never liked the chest/loot crates system...Just let me spend to buy what I want... :(
    To be fair, having an always available loot pool isn't a bad thing but they should at least rotate the paid skins in the shop. This would make them more valuable when being rotated out, and take a small amount of RNG away.

OMDU has a long way to go to maximize it's current revenue stream. Even charging more for rotating skins that you buy directly and offering them as part of a loot box that is always available would allow them to double-dip as they would still make more money than just using the current system. Some players, myself included, will never buy a loot box. So do the devs offer me more variety in the store to entice me to spend money or offer nothing new and make almost nothing from me over time? Stupid is as stupid does.