Feedback Patch 2.5: Wu Xing Battles

So I just have to say I am loving this patch.

The new maps work great! Yi-Lin plays well, but yet to see her in endless. I also love the Statues of Mulan and Chang'E.

The new archers all show up as yellow for some reason? They don't have bombs on them. Why aren't they red like the other normal archers.

The terracotta Warriors are intimidating but once you realise they don't hurt you can kill them easily. I don't like this, why not add some DPS with their stun?

The new Shaman What is it? and What does it do? There is no description anywhere.

I think the Wu Xing army needs a unique boss which leads their armies because the other bosses don't fit very well with the rest of the army. So can we have a Chinese version of Sarge or totally new one?

How can we PC players get the Raincoat skin for Yi-Lin? It doesn't even appear on her skins.

Also the Dashboard and chat look good and work well. Shouldn't we have the new event appear in the community events as coming soon?

Overall I think that the patch is great!

Feel free to add your own feedback below.
Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
New? Here are some Game Tipz.

Comments

• I think the archers are yellow because they seem to hit things in an area, and as such would be far deadlier to barricades. That's just my guess though.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Raincoat skin for Yi-Lin seems to be PS4 exclusive.
  • TeckTeck Member
    I think the archers are yellow because they seem to hit things in an area, and as such would be far deadlier to barricades. That's just my guess though.
    This does not appear to be the case.  I stood right on top of a barricade and took several hits to test this after I noticed a barricade seemingly take a hit out of the corner of my screen.  Unless this is a glitch, they do not appear to damage barricades.  The damage and size of the explosions is much smaller than normal it seems, so it might be intentional.
  • Teck said:
    I think the archers are yellow because they seem to hit things in an area, and as such would be far deadlier to barricades. That's just my guess though.
    This does not appear to be the case.  I stood right on top of a barricade and took several hits to test this after I noticed a barricade seemingly take a hit out of the corner of my screen.  Unless this is a glitch, they do not appear to damage barricades.  The damage and size of the explosions is much smaller than normal it seems, so it might be intentional.
    Huh, I was just guessing since one managed to hit me from behind the first gate on War Mage Midnight Market, so I thought it had a larger area.
  • Why do the new maps only have 6000 starting coin as opposed to the 9000 on almost every other map (save for the very first apprentice map)?  At least Water Gardens on apprentice and Midnight Market on war mage do.  I haven't tried any of the master or rift lord maps yet.
  • TeckTeck Member
    Teck said:
    Huh, I was just guessing since one managed to hit me from behind the first gate on War Mage Midnight Market, so I thought it had a larger area.
    They do still have some aoe, but it just doesn't compare to the standard TNT arrows is all.  I think the balance is that you have a harder time to dodge them since they fire faster and more often.
  • The graphics on the new maps is very well done - colorful and stylish.
  • New maps look good, new character is fun.

My only issue so far is that "Save Deck Changes" seems to now always be on by default? I think that's terrible. I believe I've seen some people say that they prefer it that way, so an option to set which is the default is probably the best compromise. As it is now, it's a bit annoying to me.
  • HieroGlyphHieroGlyph Member
    edited November 2
    New maps look good, new character is fun.

My only issue so far is that "Save Deck Changes" seems to now always be on by default? I think that's terrible. I believe I've seen some people say that they prefer it that way, so an option to set which is the default is probably the best compromise. As it is now, it's a bit annoying to me.
    Agreed. I actually looked through the options for a way to turn it off by default but there isn't one, which demonstrates incredible shortsightedness by the devs.

Usually I make a few changes to my standard load out for each/map hero. Now I need to restore my default setting and then make specific changes for each map/hero. It gets worse when I change the saved load out for a different map/hero as I often forget to revert the previous changes.

Overall it's a complete mess unless I remember to uncheck the save box every single game, whereas before I only needed to check it if I wanted to save the changes to the loadout. I hate to say it but this is just an example of 'stupid is as stupid does' and the devs obviously didn't think this change through all the way.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Hey guys,

Just talked to our dashboard guys, and the issue with the "always saved" changes to loadouts is a bug and not an intentional change. We'll get an investigation opened so it can get fixed ASAP. 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Harmonia said:
    Hey guys,

Just talked to our dashboard guys, and the issue with the "always saved" changes to loadouts is a bug and not an intentional change. We'll get an investigation opened so it can get fixed ASAP. 
    Thank you. It's nice to know that the issue has been brought up. Hopefully its something that can be resolved and fixed quickly.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Harmonia said:
    Hey guys,

To be honest I prefer it the way it is right now. I don't mind it that much but maybe it's worth having an option for it at settings or 2 buttons to have both options?

If I remember correctly, there were quite a few people complaining about the change when it was removed last time.

I don't mind that much, but I know some of my guild who prefer it the way it is now too.
  • Harmonia said:
    Hey guys,

To be honest I prefer it the way it is right now. I don't mind it that much but maybe it's worth having an option for it at settings or 2 buttons to have both options?

If I remember correctly, there were quite a few people complaining about the change when it was removed last time.

I don't mind that much, but I know some of my guild who prefer it the way it is now too.
    yes Please have an option for this. I really dislike not having it enabled.
  • I too prefer saved changes to be on by default instead of off, but there were situations where I rather would have it off.  So an option would be nice.

• The new Shaman What is it? and What does it do? There is no description anywhere.

I'm pretty sure they buff minions with temporary movement speed. I sort of recall reading that somewhere, although I can't remember where.

Overall I do like the new maps. They seem to be smaller, and the layouts are more simple (they're generally a rectangular shape), which is what I prefer. I'm glad they gave the new Endless map some thought - it's possible to get to wave 25 within 40 minutes. I am at account level 100 though with T7 traps, but it still seems to go by faster than the majority of the other Endless maps.

Does anyone else have issues getting the par time on the Master version of Water Garden? I was just wondering if it was just me. I can get the par time, but I can only manage it within literally seconds (average is 9:57). I would expect this on Rift Lord, but it's a lot of work getting that par time for a Master map.

Personally I think they need to increase the par time for those still leveling up, as I do wonder if it's even possible to achieve at the suggested level range. Despite account level 100 and all my T7 traps appropriately equipped with parts, I still have to use Luck Potions and Rage potions while using Unchained as much as possible, just to barely squeak by with a few seconds left. 

This is unlike any other map in the game, as I can generally beat par times anywhere by 30 seconds to 5 minutes with the same set-up. I also have had no issue with the par times of any other of the new maps. 

I do realize that the minions have elemental resistances, and I can't rely on Brimstone/Fire Scorchers as much as I usually do. I have tried to go in with primarily physical damage (with only Brimstone for Burning Resonators) and it doesn't seem to improve my time.
  • Fairbanks said:
    Does anyone else have issues getting the par time on the Master version of Water Garden? I was just wondering if it was just me. I can get the par time, but I can only manage it within literally seconds (average is 9:57). I would expect this on Rift Lord, but it's a lot of work getting that par time for a Master map.
    It's not just you. There's actually another thread discussing it. It's gonna be changed in a later patch. :)
  • BTW, how does one pronounce "Wu Xing"?   My first inclination is that it'd sound like "Woozing" or "Losing", which is of course funnier.

But I know that whoever did the romanization of Chinese must've been drunk or something as their "z" is more like our "j"...Young Indiana Jones was right: Chinese is a tonal language, and tonal languages are :(
  • vrmlbasic said:
    BTW, how does one pronounce "Wu Xing"?   My first inclination is that it'd sound like "Woozing" or "Losing", which is of course funnier.

But I know that whoever did the romanization of Chinese must've been drunk or something as their "z" is more like our "j"...Young Indiana Jones was right: Chinese is a tonal language, and tonal languages are :(
    Through my little knowledge of Chinese, I know that "X" makes an "Sh" sound. So it's pronounced as "Wu Shing" (I'm pretty sure anyway).
  • []
    Through my little knowledge of Chinese, I know that "X" makes an "Sh" sound. So it's pronounced as "Wu Shing" (I'm pretty sure anyway).
    To ask the obvious then, why not spell it like that?  ;)

• vrmlbasic said:
    []
    To ask the obvious then, why not spell it like that?  ;)

That I don't know, but it's been that way for centuries. From looking it up, it seems that there is a "SH" pairing that has a similar, but different, pronunciation to the "X". I didn't find the answer to the question though, but that's what I did find.