Orcs owners, make more advertisements of the game. Fortnite <

How can a game as bad as Fortnite, being paid, got more players than Orcs Must Die.

I know most play Field mode. But the Defense mode of zoombies has more than 1 million players who bought the game. Orcs Must Die needs to have more visibility, especially in Latin America. I know that Orcs is a much harder game than Fortnite and maybe that's why it's not leveraging more players.

Comments

• Fortnite had a Battle Royale mode released recently, and that's pretty much the genre of the year right now.  That's gotta draw players to try the PvE too.  Based on the trailer I guess it's a much more straightforward shooter with less strategic depth than OMD!U, making it more easily approachable.  And as you allude to, Epic has a much bigger marketing budget than Robot.
  • cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
    edited November 10
    You can't really compare numbers from a recent free release; though I would be happier if OMDU became buy to play, perhaps turning any kind of previously acquired bundle (starter or hero pack) to a working license, it'd mean more money to work with for them, pretending this past half-year was some sort of free Beta to settle/rebalance the game from its last transition?

The way I see it it's their only solution to keep monetizing safely on this.
  • You can't really compare numbers from a recent free release; though I would be happier if OMDU became buy to play, perhaps turning any kind of previously acquired bundle (starter or hero pack) to a working license, it'd mean more money to work with for them, pretending this past half-year was some sort of free Beta to settle/rebalance the game from its last transition?

That's a great strategy, if your trying to kill off your player base. 90% of the playerbase would immediately boycott the game, review bomb it into oblivion and additionally gaming journalists would have a field day. Sorry, but the games been out as a F2P game far to long to do such a thing at this point.  
  • cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
    edited November 11
    You can't really compare numbers from a recent free release; though I would be happier if OMDU became buy to play, perhaps turning any kind of previously acquired bundle (starter or hero pack) to a working license, it'd mean more money to work with for them, pretending this past half-year was some sort of free Beta to settle/rebalance the game from its last transition?

That's a great strategy, if your trying to kill off your player base. 90% of the playerbase would immediately boycott the game, review bomb it into oblivion and additionally gaming journalists would have a field day. Sorry, but the games been out as a F2P game far to long to do such a thing at this point.  
    So you want to make the playerbase that's not willing to pay a cent... happy? Do you want this game to survive? Starter pack got as low as 5 bucks IIRC, I think those'd be some petty complaints tbh.

I can't see them making money off of skins in a game that's more focused around pve than pvp, not to mention that I can get whatever I want with enough logins already.

Either you want more content and are willing to drop a couple bucks or you're going to see the game shut down, because no one works for free.
  • SemiFantasticSemiFantastic Member
    edited November 11
    Someone is a bit ignorant as to how big Epic is compared to Robot. And how Battle Royal is... well everything is already said here. lol

It's not so simple as "Its the same genre, yet they're more popular?" you have to consider a lot more than just one subject sadly.

Hopefully when you get a bit older you'll understand! For now, stay in school and don't do drugs! 
  • Someone is a bit ignorant as to how big Epic is compared to Robot. And how Battle Royal is... well everything is already said here. lol

It's not so simple as "Its the same genre, yet they're more popular?" you have to consider a lot more than just one subject sadly.

Hopefully when you get a bit older you'll understand! For now, stay in school and don't do drugs! 

I'm happy they like this game and want it to succeed though.
  • Hello @everyone im glad to see that there are some vocal players that care about the game and engage in such discussions. I personally always looked for the community part of a game and even though i dont know Fortnite and its community i always felt that ours needed an improvement ,thats why together with Ragnarosorak we created the NuNs discord community. If you are interested in more discussions like this one please conctact us to join the discord
  • I play Fornite, and I bought the box in the shop because it was easier than a prepaid ticket for online-buying. In OmD:U I am level 100, and 35 7th tier traps. I am practically in the end-game, and Fornite is about leveling heroes, traps and weapons. I am now 54 level (max is 100). 

Fornite isn't a bad game (I play "save the world", not Battle Royal). 

(And in the next month I will be too busy by the work and I will can not play both). 
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited 2:05AM
    The Battle Royale mode of Fortnite is, IIRC, developed by a partially separate team (the Unreal Tournament team, I think). The PvE mode is very different, and I agree that it's pretty bad. Gameplay is very slow, the controls are terrible, and the early levels are mind numbingly easy.

I definitely think OMDU should be kickin' it's orc, but product quality isn't everything. Sometimes quality barely seems to matter. :/