Please fix earth elementals.

Not that you guys care about fixing anything, ever, but please fix the earth elementals moving so fast they cannot be killed by traps any more.

Comments

•  Use grinders or fire traps. They're meant to be fast. Also the webspinners slow them (Allegedly). 
  • TeckTeck Member
    I don't personally have too much trouble with them as long as I know they're coming.  They are impervious to tar pits which can be annoying if you're not aware, but they don't have a huge amount of life so I as long as they get hit by a fast reacting trap, they're usually done for.  Another option is just to build trap priority around other enemies and focus kill them yourself.
  • Physics traps work best on earth elementals.  Flip traps, push traps, spike wall, haymaker, etc.  Ballistas also work.

Of course, a good barricade strategy in combination with the above mentioned traps can make a huge difference.
  • KickedBynoobsKickedBynoobs Member
    edited November 15
    No, traps do not work on them any more because they move faster than ever.
  • steam vent with a concussive above them stops them in their tracks and Midnight or Lin can kill them so easily, sure they are quick, but I don't consider it a problem at all. The game is easy enough as is, I'd rather them scale up difficulty not scale down.
  • @ellaMonster it's easy while playing alone and on survival, but try a tier 12 chaos trials or endless with a full party and you'll feel really terrible for not being able to kill that easly earth elementals
  • @ellaMonster it's easy while playing alone and on survival, but try a tier 12 chaos trials or endless with a full party and you'll feel really terrible for not being able to kill that easly earth elementals
    That could apply to any minion. At tier 12 everything is hard to kill.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    @ellaMonster it's easy while playing alone and on survival, but try a tier 12 chaos trials or endless with a full party and you'll feel really terrible for not being able to kill that easly earth elementals
    That could apply to any minion. At tier 12 everything is hard to kill.
    Except Orcs, and kobolds :D 
  • @Brasegapok I've done t12 and always with a group of 3, its supposed to be hard, thats what I like about it, you dont get that in regular survival.
  • steam vent with a concussive above them stops them in their tracks and Midnight or Lin can kill them so easily, sure they are quick, but I don't consider it a problem at all. The game is easy enough as is, I'd rather them scale up difficulty not scale down.
    IIRC they can't be stunned.

On a note, they run too fast to get hit by Web Spinners, they are simply immune to any slow or stun, will often slip past traps meant for them and I'm not sure if they resist fire or not, anyway, the safest bet is Haymaker(s) and push trap since those 2 seem to always activate fast enough.
  • The safest bet is Brimstone.

Haymakers are too slow.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • SorohendiSorohendi Member
    edited November 18
    backwards scorchers, grinders and web spinners can usually catch them and ballistas and dragons lances shoot everything. It's when I kill a big one and the smaller ones spawn behind my traps that annoys me. especially when I want to use a different trap set that is not about elementals.
  • Brimstone is typically considered a useless trap in end game because of its long cooldowns between charges. I agree with @Sorohendi that the floor scorcher is the way to go for them. Even with double spring its cheaper than brim.