Ice Vent & Cursed Ground

cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
edited November 16 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Could someone check Ice Vent's functionality? I've just run a couple of games, one with a Double spring, the other with none and its recharge seemed to stay the same (12s starting the count from the end of Ice Vent's animation), also, it seems to run out of charges extremely fast when it's supposed to have 30 of'em, it literally took 1s up to 3s on different instances (even assuming a charge was consumed per minion it went out way too fast considering there should be a standardized 0.65s per charge).

Anyone?

It doesn't seem to match its description, it's more like a burst trap to be honest, similar in functionality to the Haymaker.

*EDIT* the same seems to happen with Cursed Ground on a different cooldown.

Could it be that charges are consumed during "function update" instead of a fixed duration?

Post edited by cyberfailzor on

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hey there! Our QA team looked into this and so far as they can tell everything works as it should. 
    German Community Manager
  • cyberfailzorcyberfailzor Member
    edited November 16
    Hardly, as you can clearly see in this video that I went ahead and uploaded
    Cursed Ground hits 3 minions then goes in cooldown, if it were actually meant to behave so you should at least change its description because as of now it doesn't do what's written there, it's misleading.

Did you use the gnomish repair kit prior to the video starting? From the score it looks like the video starts after some miinions have already walked over the trap. Apologies for all the trouble, we're trying to figure this out so we can be 100% certain.
    German Community Manager
    edited November 17
    sashimiak said:
    Did you use the gnomish repair kit prior to the video starting? From the score it looks like the video starts after some miinions have already walked over the trap. Apologies for all the trouble, we're trying to figure this out so we can be 100% certain.

No I was carrying it solely to reset the Summoner trap, apologies, I did kill the first cluster (with Max's primary) because there are so many minions coming out of the gate it'd have been hard to understand the trap's behavior, Cursed Ground was untouched prior to the video starting.
  • So... any news about this issue? I've just tested Cursed Ground and it's the same as before.
    QA tested the trap with and without the parts and it seems that everything works as it should. The charges are used "by time", not minion. Meaning if one minions walks over the trap very slowly, it will get hit with more charges.
    German Community Manager
    edited December 7
    I get that, I'm not arguing about spring parts affecting them, but as you can see from the video, and considering the listed 0.65s ("damage rate" in the trap's stats) to consume a charge it'd still take 13 seconds to run out because it has 20 charges, which clearly isn't happening (hit minions are visibly debuffed by arcane damage, purple hue), even assuming it was -per minion- it goes out way too fast, either the description doesn't match the trap's function or the charges are consumed at a much faster rate than that, or the trap has less charges than the listed amount, just compare it with its own in-game-preview-video version, which seems to work perfectly... anyway, I'm going to leave it at that, still, considering I went out of my way and even posted a video about it I'd expect... more, to be taken seriously at least.
  • AustellAustell Member
    edited December 12
    hey—i'd like to corroborate this? this thread has another video showing cursed ground's performance in a match as we see it, and i've done some testing myself (on apprentice baths, war mage eventide ramparts, and rift lord avalanche) only to see, more or less, the same results. thank you for the insight into how the trap works, but even then, three tiles of t7 cursed ground shouldn't have a combined damage total of less than 400 after being completely exhausted, should they?

i understand that you've looked into it already, but there has to be something strange going on!
    Post edited by Austell on
  • I've been in testing sessions for Cursed Ground as well, and I can corroborate the behaviour seen here. Regardless of fiddling/parts, Cursed Ground always appears to exhaust after a couple of seconds (maybe three seconds or so), having done relatively little damage (roughly 300-400) before being exhausted. Watching for enemy deaths/health bars shows performance in line with the recorded damage.

I'd be willing to accept this is intended behaviour, but it would be nice to have more communication on what "intended" is in this case, so as to better understand the trap and how intended use case lines up with what I want from it.
  • Making the cursed ground recharge it’s charges faster like they did for brimstone wouldn’t be too much of a problem, it would make the trap a little bit more useful, even tho i always run the repair kit, i’d rather use it on other traps than a trap that looses it’s charges so fast while dealing low damage to minions not affected yet by arcane damage.
    I apologize if I came off as dismissive @cyberfailzor , that wasn't my intention. I have passed this thread along to the Design team and asked them to take another look at the trap and its overall usefulness in comparison to other similar traps.
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    I apologize if I came off as dismissive @cyberfailzor , that wasn't my intention. I have passed this thread along to the Design team and asked them to take another look at the trap and its overall usefulness in comparison to other similar traps.
    You may want to send this too to speed things up: https://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/14709/grinder-vs-cursed-ground/p1?new=1

sashimiak said:
    You may want to send this too to speed things up: https://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/14709/grinder-vs-cursed-ground/p1?new=1

Done, thank you.
    German Community Manager