Blackpaw Respawn Glitch on Shark Island Map

I captured this video showing the glitch.  I have not tried to recreate the glitch, but I do believe that it may be related to dying in the water.  You can hear me spamming B to respawn with no avail.

Comments

• Good find.

You can escape it by alt+k.
  • KulinaKulina Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hello Teck,

Thank you for this report and the video! Our team will look into this asap ;)

Cheers!
    French Community Manager
  • TeckTeck Member
    Good find.

You can escape it by alt+k.
    Doesn't Alt+K just kill you though?  I was already dead, it just refused to respawn me.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    You found a singular spot. There are some spots on most maps where you get pretty bugged.

It shows as you are "dead" while you really aren't. Notice the stuck respawn timer and the unability to buyback. As Teddy said, you need to manually kill your hero in order to respawn, using alt+k.
  • TeckTeck Member
    You found a singular spot. There are some spots on most maps where you get pretty bugged.

It shows as you are "dead" while you really aren't. Notice the stuck respawn timer and the unability to buyback. As Teddy said, you need to manually kill your hero in order to respawn, using alt+k.
    Well I did ACTUALLY die, so are you implying that the game THINKS I respawned but just didn't display that for me in this situation then?  Either way, I'm going to keep this in mind for future situations like this and try it.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    It's more like you are alive but inside some texture or something that makes the game glitch the UI and shows as you are "dead".
  • The game is coded with three areas.

Air: You can survive, dance and use moves.
    Kill Plain: It kills you
    Dodgy Spot: It can't find a place for you and teleports you around until it gets you stuck or you escape to air. If you get stuck you are somewhere between life and death but alt+k can still get you out. Useless it's really bad and it crashes (not sure if fixed).

These three areas have existed as long as I can look back.