Release 2.6 for PC and PS4 - Patch Notes

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I think you are overreacting.

The fastest way to earn coin to do the achievement isn't the power generator at all. And the nerf is making it less OP for every single mode, I don't know about you but I prefer to not have a such an "unfair" trap with very little down sides.

Unfair as it doesn't scale like the very rest of other traps, which their upgrades give them more DPS which is somewhat countered by the scaling of minions HP, while coins are always the same, and upgrading it only makes it better and better.

If you really want to farm for that achievement, play Dobbin solo Endless, you can make 1 million in 1 hour...
  • You're right Dobbin solo endless 1 million in an hour.....WITH the use of the coin forges and power generators before the nerf
  • I could play as dobbin for 200 hours and not even touch the online modes that the devs want. Or they could just nerf the trophy and find out the true player base of the game. Fix the trophy and stop trying to make this game last even longer then it should. I’ve played this game for over 100 hours and only have a small percentage for the trophy. They nerf everything they can and want you to play even longer than the last nerf patch they came up with. Stop NERFING and start giving, it’s almost Christmas for goodness sakes.
    The changes on the power generator won't change that much, since they only activate once per wave.

And the change that affects that is on the difference per tier upgrade, not on the base value of coin generated...
  • 8% increase instead of 15% per tier is actually pretty noticeable.  Already done some endless runs today and trust me when I say it's noticeable.
  • The changes on the power generator won't change that much, since they only activate once per wave.

And the change that affects that is on the difference per tier upgrade, not on the base value of coin generated...
    Have you ever used them?  It seems you haven’t, let me explain.  They activate when an enemy is near them and keep spinning until the trap is consumed for the round. If an enemy isn’t near them then they don’t spin.  Don’t argue against something until you know the entire facts about it.
  • Don’t argue against something until you know the entire facts about it.
    Well I've sometimes wondered this about @TimeMaster and I did come to the conclusion that he doesn't know "everything". Just everything from the last 3 years of patchs and everything available on the wiki.
    The changes on the power generator won't change that much, since they only activate once per wave.

Have you ever used them?  It seems you haven’t, let me explain.  They activate when an enemy is near them and keep spinning until the trap is consumed for the round. If an enemy isn’t near them then they don’t spin.  Don’t argue against something until you know the entire facts about it.
    Yes I get it, you two are angry because of a single achievement being already hard, and now being a bit more.

No need to try to start a fight over it, but instead try to see all the sides...

Many people were seeing an issue with it. It was considered unbalanced and causing unbalance in many modes, being sabotage the most notorius since it has a more competitive character. I don't know if the single achievement affected by the change is more important than that, might be for some like you.
  • Don’t argue against something until you know the entire facts about it.
    Well I've sometimes wondered this about @TimeMaster and I did come to the conclusion that he doesn't know "everything". Just everything from the last 3 years of patchs and everything available on the wiki.
    Good thing some people learn in their own and not just wiki everything, cause he be wrong in them power generators. 
  • The changes on the power generator won't change that much, since they only activate once per wave.

Yes I get it, you two are angry because of a single achievement being already hard, and now being a bit more.

No need to try to start a fight over it, but instead try to see all the sides...

Many people were seeing an issue with it. It was considered unbalanced and causing unbalance in many modes, being sabotage the most notorius since it has a more competitive character. I don't know if the single achievement affected by the change is more important than that, might be for some like you.
    The trophy isnt hard, it’s time consuming, way too time consuming. I get that they want us to play the game but it shouldn’t come to nerfing everything that requires us to get it.  Fix the trophy and we’ll leave the game entirely and y’all can fend to yourselves  afterwards in your power generatorless utopia.
  • Onewolverine1Onewolverine1 Member
    edited December 5
    Maybe the devs could help out and nerf the trophy.  Fix everything.
  • DaTeddyBearDaTeddyBear Member
    edited December 5
    Good thing some people learn in their own and not just wiki everything, cause he be wrong in them power generators. 
    No I mean he literally knows "everything".

The only things he doesn't know is what they have revealed to people invited personally to the studio. (Even though he could probably have a good guess at what they are). Also some things on my travels I have yet to share.
  • Does the CREATE sabotage option count as ranked or as FUN mode?
  • Do custom games allow progression towards in game achievements?
  • Does the CREATE sabotage option count as ranked or as FUN mode?
    Fun.
    Do custom games allow progression towards in game achievements?
    Yes. You can complete them for rewards as well the only thing you can't do is get stuff for sabotage.
  • OnusOnus Member
    edited December 6
    Brass is amazing to play as. Think she might be my new main.
    Post edited by Onus on
  • Pretty salty about the power genny Nerf. I mean come on it was already my weakest trap in the deck because it never drops. Had a tier 3 genny that got 30 percent extra to grind empty pockets. Now it's 16%. I've been playing since launch and own 30 tier 7 traps. The hands down rarest trap was trashed this patch. I will not be spending more real cash to buy chests in a prayer that the rarest and now most nerfed thing will drop. Good try though trying to sneak in more chest sales like how bunjie just got caught on destiny 2 with it's exp trap to get more chest sales.

• WithaZWithaZ Member
    edited December 6
    As a PS4 user, I had a chance to play some of the patch this morning before I had to leave for work. I like the changes so far. played some 1v1 sabotage w a pal and we had some good laughs telling each other what was coming their way. I played some games with people just looking to get that 5th star in public matchmaking. I took a look at Brass (and wished I had a more time to grind out those last couple thousand skulls...), and I also peeked into the Winter Chest...

***SPOILERS***
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    CANDY CANE YI-LIN!!!  YULE LIN!!! YULE!! LIKE YULETIDE!

So good. A little tear rolled down my cheek when I saw it.
  • edited December 6
    There are a lot more ways to earning gold faster with different methods than waiting for power generators to hit the enemies and in the “long run” you will earn the achievement faster NOT using power generators at all. Just fyi. 

There is no reason for them to nerf the acheivement. Seems like most PS4 players always just want an easy way out to a platinum trophy versus just enjoying the game.
    Post edited by xOrcsMustGetHigh on
  • The 200m trophy is ridiculous and I doubt there's many folks that would actually defend it as a good idea.  I don't mind the nerfing of the coin generators but it would be nice if there was more weeklys where idiots that like trophies (like me) could just flush a million per game and we could all move on.  I've probably sunk 100 hours in to the game with friends, randoms and solo and I'm at 12%.

All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?