Release 2.6 for PC and PS4 - Patch Notes

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    The Power Generators went from 611 to 486 coins per wave.

Sure it's noticeable, but not to get ridiculous about it because of the achievement in my honest opinion.
  • The 200m trophy is ridiculous and I doubt there's many folks that would actually defend it as a good idea.  I don't mind the nerfing of the coin generators but it would be nice if there was more weeklys where idiots that like trophies (like me) could just flush a million per game and we could all move on.  I've probably sunk 100 hours in to the game with friends, randoms and solo and I'm at 12%.

All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?  
    Same on my end. Constant server disconnects across all game modes unfortunately. 
  • I'm pretty disappointed to see that the bugs that i've seen haven't been corrected, especially the one where the water dragon hunters aren't actually targeted by hunter traps, since it's litterally one of the most noticeable bugs since the 2.5 patch arrived (i checked if it was still a thing after the new patch).
    I just mentionned one bug, I invite you to look at the others that i've discovered (haven't checked some of the other bugs if they were still a thing).

then i'm surprized there's some things that haven't been announced such as:
    • battle UI (skills, health/mana , traits position)  has been changed
    • health bar of the ennemies has been changed,
    • the new tundra skin (which is still not available by looking at the vanity chests) 
    • the new skins for Yi-lin
    • tundra's new dance animation
    • I'm pretty sure that there might be more that i've missed

i'm also surprized to see that the endless summer chest is still available ( i know, it's written endless) where the winter wasn't available then, especially when
    sashimiak said:
    WithaZ said:
    • Dobbin has a dye added to the Winter chest.

I play on PS4. I have not come across this "Winter chest" at all.

I did see this show on television and they said "Winter is coming". Did they in fact mean to say "The winter chest is coming to OMD!U on PS4"? 

Thanks.
    The Winter Chest is a special seasonal chest similar to the Endless Summer chest. 

maybe it's written somewhere else what has been added and i'll excuse myself if it's the case.

nonetheless it's great patch!

• Also boulder chute for free?!
    It makes no sense with the parts it can be equipped with!
    you get to have the parts that upgrades the trap with absolutely no downside for it! (double springs increase build cost by 25%, but 0+25% is still 0)
    or make the trap cost less  and become worse for no reason at all! (short spring decreases build cost by 30%, but 0-30% is still 0, it won't give you coins to place it!) 
    the trap should at least cost 250 coins to be placed
    same thing goes for maximilian's Decoy, but added to maximillian's passive ability having absolutely no interest to the trap now since it's free for him.
    I haven't said anything for smolder's naptha sprayer since the trap actually doesn't do damage and doesn't see much play (in my point of view)

I know that the team wants the trap to see play but 0 trap cost is just innapropriate! :s

I'll share this thought on the suggestion page as well.

• The Power Generators went from 611 to 486 coins per wave.

Sure it's noticeable, but not to get ridiculous about it because of the achievement in my honest opinion.
    It’s a pretty big deal for long games like endless. A reduction of 125 isn’t a lot per generator but with 15-20 of them up from wave 5-30 it’s a difference of almost 50000 coin. Do you think the nerf is significant enough to deter their use in sabotage? That’s where I’ve primarily seen the complaints about them. 
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    The Power Generators went from 611 to 486 coins per wave.

It’s a pretty big deal for long games like endless. A reduction of 125 isn’t a lot per generator but with 15-20 of them up from wave 5-30 it’s a difference of almost 50000 coin. Do you think the nerf is significant enough to deter their use in sabotage? That’s where I’ve primarily seen the complaints about them. 
    Well, 50000 coin compared to 1 million spent in a match, it's a 5% difference... 

Yes, specially combined with the no coin return from selling it. It will be more strategic to use, not a just spam and always win thing. You need to keep it for 2 full waves atleast to not lose coin, sounds way more balanced to me, even though they will still probably be used because of the nature of the trap.
  • The Power Generators went from 611 to 486 coins per wave.

Well, 50000 coin compared to 1 million spent in a match, it's a 5% difference... 

Yes, specially combined with the no coin return from selling it. It will be more strategic to use, not a just spam and always win thing. You need to keep it for 2 full waves atleast to not lose coin, sounds way more balanced to me, even though they will still probably be used because of the nature of the trap.
    Do you believe that only implementing no coin return when sold would not produce a similar result? 
  • It’s not that ridiculous compared to acheivements in other games.

Everybody just wants easy street for the platinum. Most PS4 players are used to getting platinum trophies overnight so they are shocked about Empty Pockets. 

No brainstorming new ideas, no creating new trap layouts and of course let’s not learn new methods to maximize combos which in turn will give you a lot more gold if optimized properly and have a good weaver rotation.

Nope I don’t want to do none of that, lemme just get a weekly challenge to burn a million gold and another nerf to the achievement?

Power generators were making people lazy if you ask me! Glad they nerfed them!
  • It’s not that ridiculous compared to acheivements in other games.

Everybody just wants easy street for the platinum. Most PS4 players are used to getting platinum trophies overnight so they are shocked about Empty Pockets. 

No brainstorming new ideas, no creating new trap layouts and of course let’s not learn new methods to maximize combos which in turn will give you a lot more gold if optimized properly and have a good weaver rotation.

Nope I don’t want to do none of that, lemme just get a weekly challenge to burn a million gold and another nerf to the achievement?

Power generators were making people lazy if you ask me! Glad they nerfed them!
    It's probably a 200-300+ hour trophy that you would have to purposefully grind out after 100%ing all the available content in the game (probably including all future content).  I can only think of a tiny handful of games in the history of trophies/cheevos that are in that same ballpark.

I still don't know how to consistently get combos higher than 7-8x solo and I don't remember it being tutorialed or anything on how to maximize coin output via combos - my combo coin numbers suck compared to having a couple generators.

So either I do a bunch of research on the internet to find the ideal way to combo farm coin for a trophy or I use coin generators to farm for a trophy.  Either way, it's not something that you would get out of the game normally - you have to "try" for it to get it below 200 hours or play a little bit every day normal matchmade mp for the next 500 or so days.

Besides, it's not like the other trophies are super lazy.  At least I can't breeze through 5 starring everything or the 15x combo business (not for lack of trying).  It's just a dumb no life grind trophy that adds nothing positive to the game. 

Anyhoo, I guess this probably isn't the place for this and it's probably been complained about ad nauseum.  It's a really cool game otherwise (well and the crashes).

• All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?  
    Yea, they fixed it so that we can’t even farm banquet hall anymore on endless for the coins.  They are ruining the game for the casual gamer, all for the 300 or so that play sabotage.  They “fix” the power generators but can’t fix endless that ends at 40 minutes?  This is all a power play to keep their numbers up on player population.  

I loved the the game for the first 100 hours of gameplay but there’s no need for a trophy to take 300 plus hours. You got us to initially play, if you lower the requirement for the trophy you may get even more trophy hunters to seek this game out. You know a bigger population?
  • In my opinion it would have made more sense making the trap unavailable in multiplayer games since that seems to be where the majority of the problems are coming from.   The generator was already pitiful at best with the amount of coin it generated but it was helpful and noticeable, 

Secondly, can we please get a fix on the 40min endless bug and this new glitch taking place where the servers crash a few waves into a game?

• Jackbenz1990Jackbenz1990 Member
    edited December 6

All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?  
    Yea, they fixed it so that we can’t even farm banquet hall anymore on endless for the coins.  They are ruining the game for the casual gamer, all for the 300 or so that play sabotage.  They “fix” the power generators but can’t fix endless that ends at 40 minutes?  This is all a power play to keep their numbers up on player population.  
    The problem with the blue screening has been there since the beginning, probably OMGH and Bernie pointed out this first, don't recall. 
    The 40 minutes stop wasn't established to stop players from farming coins but to ensure that after 30-35 waves you would not lose the highscore and the skulls coming from actually completing the match.

Get informed guys. XD

Anyway i NEVER use powergens and ALWAYS have money to waste so i really don't understand what you complaining about.
  • DanTheManGumDanTheManGum Member
    edited December 6

The problem with the blue screening has been there since the beginning, probably OMGH and Bernie pointed out this first, don't recall. 
    The 40 minutes stop wasn't established to stop players from farming coins but to ensure that after 30-35 waves you would not lose the highscore and the skulls coming from actually completing the match.

Get informed guys. XD

Anyway i NEVER use powergens and ALWAYS have money to waste so i really don't understand what you complaining about.
    We know blue screening is an issue. Everyone who has played the game has probably encountered it in the past and submitted tickets to resolve it (it worked pretty well the last few updates). 

No one is saying the 40 minute timer was to stop gold farming. They’re saying they want to play endless, not play for 40 minutes. They’re working on this though so we’ll try to be patient, but as consumers we have a right to ask. 

I am informed. I too have hundreds of thousands of extra gold during a game. I want to be efficient though and have the game/developer respect my time. Nerfing the generation and dropping sale price to 0 seems like a step too far when dropping the sale price alone would have been enough. 
    Post edited by DanTheManGum on

• All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?  

Get informed guys. XD

Apologies, not the 40m stop, I'm getting randomly server disconnected after 4 or 5 waves in endless and regular solo rounds since the new patch.  Before I could make it to about round 23 in endless before the game crashed. Actually every time I play endless I get kicked before wave 10 now.  Sorry if that wasn't clear amongst all our trophy crying.

Get informed guys. XD

Apparently you aren’t informed. The blue screen isn’t even the problem right now. The servers aren’t allowing to go past a certain amount of time after the update. Mostly you get to wave 5 to 7 and then it boots you out without any reward. Thanks for jumping in on the discussion with old facts tho. Appreciate it.
  • The changes on the power generator won't change that much, since they only activate once per wave.

And the change that affects that is on the difference per tier upgrade, not on the base value of coin generated...
    Good thing some people learn in their own and not just wiki everything, cause he be wrong in them power generators. 
    I'm fairly certain TimeMaster meant that the power generators have a set amount of coin they can produce per wave, therefore they only "activate" once per wave.
    So I don't think he actually be wrong in them power generators.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    i'm also surprized to see that the endless summer chest is still available ( i know, it's written endless) where the winter wasn't available then, especially when
    sashimiak said:
    WithaZ said:
    • Dobbin has a dye added to the Winter chest.

I play on PS4. I have not come across this "Winter chest" at all.

I did see this show on television and they said "Winter is coming". Did they in fact mean to say "The winter chest is coming to OMD!U on PS4"? 

Thanks.
    The Winter Chest is a special seasonal chest similar to the Endless Summer chest. 

maybe it's written somewhere else what has been added and i'll excuse myself if it's the case.

nonetheless it's great patch!

Thank you for the notes about some of the things we missed in the patch notes and apologies! Regarding chests, both the endless summer and winter chests should be available now and there are currently no plans to remove them anytime soon. That was a bad explanation / example on my part. Apologies for the confusion!
    German Community Manager
  • ZpicificZpicific Member
    edited December 6
    Anybody else having performance issues that weren’t there before? I play a lot of survival and now when I go Unchained the framerate is extremely choppy for the rest of the game, especially if I use a Melee fighter and I attack while I move. My character can sometimes be 10 feet ahead of where I would normally be, by just moving the analog stick a bit forward. It makes it impossible to maneuver around ledges because out of nowhere I fall out of bounds. 
  • lielsliels Member
    edited December 6
    Harmonia said:

Ceiling Ballista and Dragon Lance:

• Damage increased by 20%.
    • Cooldown increased by 20%.
      Developer Comment: This change is designed to further accentuate the ballista's role as a large minion killer.

Forward:  I think most of the changes this time are positive, as they are most times.  What I have a problem with are map and trap changes that seem akin to:

"players like these and they work really well, and other traps (or cading strategies) the balance team things are really good are being neglected, so let's move the cheese to see if players will do different things".

Robot tries really hard not to take away rewards that people have earned, and does so reluctantly.  I submit the time spent learning or discovering good strategies (that then propagate) are a thing that the balance team does not seem to value and takes away whimsically.  After each round of balancing, some strategies will be better than others.  Players will learn, the balance team apprehends an over or undervaluing of things being done and adjusts.  And then the players adjust.  Are we fighting orcs or the balance team?

As an OMD1/2 and U player (since the beginning of open beta) I was not aware that traps had intended roles.  Certainly traps such as brimstone are more effective at earthlings than e.g. tar but I will place a ballista near the rift to catch those stragglers.  Is that wrong?  Apparently I should not be playing that way. Seriously, if traps have roles perhaps the videos that explain them and their tool tips should explain the role the balance team intends for them.

Same with the power generator;  what is the "intended role"?  I thought it was to generate more coin later at the expense of killing now.  It was doing that.  It is still doing that, though much less well.  How has the intended role changed? How is "the ability to sell the Power Generator for full value eliminates the early-late game trade-off that the trap was designed to create" true?  It's less early trap for more later coin.  Just now a lot less useful later on, and hence a lot less attractive early on. 

The biggest barrier to using more traps ... as indicated by the comments on the mana and health "trap-buffers" is the limit on the number of slots that can be taken.  It's not a big deal *only if* you are on a well coordinated team in which case there are 27 instead of 7.  But only if the team knows each other well enough to trust not taking "essential traps".  A better way -- by far -- to fix the "undervalued trap" problem is to increase substantially the number of traps that a player can slot.  From a balance perspective there is no reason whatsoever not to allow as much as the UI can possibly handle.  If all traps are balanced having more kinds can't possibly imbalance things.  Conversely, if there are more possibilities, then there will be more creativity ... even with traps that are sub-optimal.
  • No brainstorming new ideas, no creating new trap layouts and of course let’s not learn new methods to maximize combos which in turn will give you a lot more gold if optimized properly and have a good weaver rotation.

You seem to be an pro at these combos you speak of. Why not prove your point and show us how much coin you can generate with your method on banquet hall endless?  Screenshot that and let me see if you can rack up 600 k in 27 waves....  Like to see a pro do this with these combos you speak of....  remember no use of power generators.