Summoner Trap Parts still not working ?

LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
From what i can tell the Revenge Rune and the one that gives money are still not working in the summoner trap.

Not sure on the damage reflection either.  I set 2 up and an Ogre was hitting them and I didn't see anything else taking damage.

Does anyone know for sure what parts works in these ?

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    To my knowledge they should be working but I have put in an investigation with our QA team to find out for sure. Keep in mind it might take a few days until I can update for sure because of the holidays. Apologies for the wait and uncertainty  :/
    German Community Manager
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Thanks Sashimak.

I just tested the money one and it sort of works.
    You get the money back, but only the first time they are killed.

Then you have to sell and replace the summoners - which will get the part to work again but only once.  It's a real pain to sell and replace them every round for this part to work.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    We just checked and what you describe is the intended functionality. They are supposed to return the money only on the first time they are destroyed to avoid the part in this trap being too powerful in comparison to other parts. However, I would be happy to pass along your feedback if you feel this should be changed.
    German Community Manager
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Yes - that would make a lot more sense to have it trigger ever time it is destroyed.

As it is now the trap is very under-powered - especially in Chaos Trials / Endless.  It dies very quick in these modes even with +40% HP.
    I don't think it would ever be considered for end game content and no way anyone would ever choose a one time 800 gold over revenge rune or damage reflection.

800 per wave really isn't that much and might make me consider this trap a lot more.

I could maybe see an argument for Sabo - but even then - again - 800 is not OP for all the negative with the trap - and at best puts the part on par with Damage Reflection if working properly.

If the trap had a higher limit I could see the argument that the extra gold would put it over the top - but not with it limited to 2.

There could be some OP situations with trap reset heroes and skilled players - but there should be some powerful trap/hero synergy in the game anyways.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    It's once every 5 minutes.  The tooltip should reflect this.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
    It's once every 5 minutes.  The tooltip should reflect this.
    I know it's been some time, still, it would make sense as a QoL change to also reset on breaks, else I'm forced to manually replace the trap just to get the proc in time.