Bad ping and packet loss

I love this game but I'm getting sick of playing with bad ping and packet loss, it's awful. I'm not sure why that happens, the only thing I know is I play other online games with no problem (not at this level). Because of this I'm playing less and less and I feel like I'm about to leave OMDU.

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hey there, sorry to hear about your trouble. Could you elaborate a bit on your issue? Are you playing on PS4 or PC? What are are you connecting from (EU, NA, AUS, etc.?). Do you notice a difference in severity during different times of the day or anything along those lines?
    German Community Manager
  • Hello sashimiak, thank you for your reply.

I'm in Brazil, and I play on PC. I have no idea which server I get connected with, though. How can I check that?

The problem is present 24/7 but it varies greatly in intensity somewhat randomly. Generally speaking the best time for me is between 12:00 to 16:00 GMT-3.
  • CzassityCzassity Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hello Arsoot!

Thanks for playing OMD!U and for following up with us! At this time we have EU and NA servers, and as there are no SA servers  you may sometimes experience higher ping times or latency- However we have some things you can do to reduce your occasional latency and lag in game:

1) Make sure that all background programs are shut down, including antivirus or firewall software.
    2) If you are on a wireless connection, try plugging in directly.
    3) If you are sharing your connection, try playing from an unshared connection.
    4) Make sure to play full screen. Playing in a windowed setting can introduce some performance latency.
    5) If you have any peer-to-peer downloads or other programs running, please make sure to shut them down while playing.

Please note that we also have two clients available. One is available via Steam and the other is available for direct Download via Orcsmustdie.com. If you experience bad performance with one, feel free to try the other!

I hope this information has been helpful! Enjoy crushing those orcs! :)
  • Hello Czassity,

Reading your suggestions I noticed how difficult it must be for people who live near the server to understand the issue I'm facing.

Whenever the issue is occuring at its peak the character keeps jittering 100% of the time.

Setting a trap becomes a challenge on its own. It is placed everywhere on the map except where you were aiming at and you have to keep trying to replace it over and over again.

Once I was following a Dwarf Priest with Maximilian, and I was a few steps away. I shot him with the primary attack for almost 10 seconds and missed 100% of the shots, including, believe it if you will, an Absolutely Stunning Bolt and I swear to God I'm not that dead eyed.

As I said before, I play other online games and it isn't something common to face this issue with this intensity. One of them, for example, is an MMO I play through Steam, just like I do with OMDU. I have more than 4,000 hours played on that game and I can safely assure that on 99% of the time it works flawlessly and its server is in Europe.

That makes me believe it is possible, with my computer and internet connection, to play an online game with adequate conditions.

In my opinion you should consider the possibility of optimizing the game's programing so that it won't be so "vulnerable" to packet loss.

I spoke to (a few) other brazilian players who claim to face this same kind of issue. I imagine that this may be happening to a lot more people and if it's viable to optimize the game's programming so this issue can be reduced it's possible that this increases considerably OMDU's playerbase.

Thank you for your time.
  • CzassityCzassity Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    edited December 2017
     Hello again Arsoot!

Thanks for taking the time to send us more details about your experiences with game performance and connectivity!

We have forwarded this information and feedback over to our QA and technical teams for review. Without servers across the world, there are limited troubleshooting options available to improve occasional performance issues you may experience and we know this can be frustrating.

Other games that you may be playing from larger studios could potentially have different infrastructure in place, which may explain your positive performance experience such as with the other MMO you mentioned. With that said, we know latency in game can pose a huge frustration to our players, and we have passed this feedback based upon your experience to key members of the Development team and included the information you provided here.

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us, and encourage you to reach back out to us if you have any other feedback or concerns! :)
  • I can confirm I too have these problems and I'm in the UK.  Love OMD, hate the always online requirement, it just isn't sufficient.