Hello! Some tips?

MattemxMattemx Member
edited January 3 in Newcomers
Hello everyone i got into the game 2 days ago and i'm having a lot of fun!
My fovourite playstyle is cc and support, i really like the Reedemed Mage but still i'm not good at using the trap reset.

Now i need some tips on how should i spend my 13k of money: which heroes should i buy and which trap should i focus on? 
i dont want to waste money on a weak hero, what are the best heroes for each category?

EDIT: i play on ps4, is there any difference from the PC version?
Post edited by Mattemx on

Comments

• Heroes they are all great so pick which ever you like the best. Look up videos see who looks fun.

There are not that many differences in PC vs PS4. Just PS4 is less optimized and got no chat.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    If you like the CC-/Support style, try Ivy. She has a great knockback, a stun and an area of effect heal for you and your team mates. If you'd like to try some tankier options, check out Tundra and Hogarth. They are both ice heroes with a lot of CC. (Tundra has more CC and is a little more mobile while Hogarth is a bit tankier).

Also welcome to OMDU!
    German Community Manager
  • I'll look for those , thanks!
    Some more questions:
    1)  What about damage dealers?
    2)  Does the account level buff your ingame damage? is this true during sabotage also?
  • Account level buffs your damage and hp.

In sabotage the minions health scales off your average team level.

For tips on damage types check out this link vvvv Most of the other tips are just for PC though.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
    For damage dealers, it depends on the map since many minions are resistent to particular types of damage. 

Midnight has a very high damage output, is extremely mobile but also very squishy. She has physical damage and is melee.
    Deadeye, also physical damage, is one of the ranged heroes with the highest dps and her passive allows for some area damage.
    Brass is also on the squishier side but has very good damage output both for single target and aoe depending on how you play her. She is mostly mid-range and also utilizes physical damage.
    Smolder has high aoe fire damage and is somewhat beefier where it comes to survival but her mana management can be tricky when you start playing her.
    Oziel and Zoe both have very decent arcane damage but the damage output can flactuate a lot for both of them depending on the situation. While they are both decent for single target and aoe, I would say Oziel is better for sustained single target damage while Zoe has an easier time dispatching of groups of enemies. 

I'm sure I forget some and some of our players will disagree with some of my assessments. It's really a matter of playstyle and map/trap choice for most of our heroes.

Account level does indeed buff your heroes' damage, but not your trap damage (this is onnly influenced by trap level and the parts slotted in said traps). This also applies to sabotage.
    German Community Manager
  • MattemxMattemx Member
    edited January 3
    Account level buffs your damage and hp.

In sabotage the minions health scales off your average team level.

For tips on damage types check out this link vvvv Most of the other tips are just for PC though.
    I can't see the link :(

sashimiak said:

Brass is also on the squishier side but has very good damage output both for single target and aoe depending on how you play her. She is mostly mid-range and also utilizes physical damage.

I bought her, because i always liked PCs with turrets! i'll search for a guide 
    ivy will be the next!

Thanks for everything :)
    I think Effing was referring to the link in his signature: http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/12769/game-tipz#latest
    German Community Manager
  • apinapin Member, War Mage Founder
    If you have Ice amulet buy meele hero. Ice amulet is most important gear for every meele hero and makes meele heroes more powerful and very usefull for all situations. A few months ago my most used hero was Smolder. If you re good player, Smolder cannot be killed and also with Ice amulet is universal hero against all types of enemies. Now my favorite is Temper (with Ice amulet of course). He is also almost immortal and very powerful on most battlefields where you can kick minions out of map ;)

First and only CZ&SK funsite of OMD series http://orcs-must-die.cz