Yi-Lin Jade Sentinel [toggle?]

Not sure what it'd be assigned to on PC, but I imagine it works fine there. But on PS4, it's a little awkward to hold down L3 and move with it activated. Generally, games use R3 for sprinting but that's the limited 'chat'. Controlling it like that would be fine, but I don't see you guys changing all character abilities around to R3 and the chat to L3. Having one character have different controls would be obviously be dumb. So this seems like the only option.

Anyway, as it is I find myself struggling to take a lot of turns and run around large maps quickly [especially with speed weaver and/or speed pads] without exiting Jade Sentinel. Barreling down some stairs uncontrollably, since you kind of just fly off them rather than run down them at high speeds, trying to correct so I don't fly off a map is a prime spot for me to lose the activation. Trying to run over great barricades causes me similar problems, or jump over them. It'd be no issue on R3, but L3 is just awkward since I'm not really aware of any games that actually do that for sprinting, certainly not any modern games.

If it worked more like Midnight's Prowl then it would feel a lot better to me. Have it active until you deactivate it, same button; or do something else [place a trap, use gear, use another ability, whatever]. I don't know if PC players would feel better about it working this way, but I'd be curious to hear their thoughts too. But I definitely feel like it would work better this way on PS4.

Comments

• Oh wow, on the L3 key? That’s definetly not comfortable, for pc it’s the shift key, which is a different key than the one used to move around.
    using the R3 key is the key for the camera right? Might be still uncomfortable but not too bad, i guess the ps4 doesn’t have much inputs to work with, so it’s pretty hard to assign all the keys perfectly.
    they could maybe change the way the key works by making the player hold another ability to use the shift/L3 key ability? I don’t know
  • KulinaKulina Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hi Elvick,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding Yi Lin's Jade sentinel on PS4! I will share it with the team ;)

Keep on slaying!
    French Community Manager
  • Just make it function like fps sprinting, you tap L3 and push the analog stick forward to used Jade Sentinel, when you stop moving in a direction turn off Jade Sentinel. 
  • Oh wow, on the L3 key? That’s definetly not comfortable, for pc it’s the shift key, which is a different key than the one used to move around.
    using the R3 key is the key for the camera right? Might be still uncomfortable but not too bad, i guess the ps4 doesn’t have much inputs to work with, so it’s pretty hard to assign all the keys perfectly.
    they could maybe change the way the key works by making the player hold another ability to use the shift/L3 key ability? I don’t know
    Works fine in FPS that use R3 for sprinting, but L3 is not comfortable. Usually you don't have to keep it pressed either just keep moving as random says;
    Just make it function like fps sprinting, you tap L3 and push the analog stick forward to used Jade Sentinel, when you stop moving in a direction turn off Jade Sentinel. 
    That would work as well.