How about a way to (manually) repair barricades?And a "push" animation?

GustavoMGustavoM Member
edited January 23 in Suggestion Box
Basically, a "Hold E to repair" thingy when the player gets close to a damaged barricade. And the player can repair it by holding E, (200?) coins are spent for each repair tick, etc.

Also, since we (still?) don't have the wind belt... how about a "push" animation? Where the attack animation plays and minions hit by it (at melee range) are (slightly) pushed away from the player, receiving 0 damage. Just for a little "breathing room".

Comments

• It feels out of character for Orcs Must Die! ... Firstly there is already trinket that helps automatically repair all barricades, and in all series there were never repair options, kinda make care less about barricades. Secondly, I was sad that there is no wind belt in Unchained one, but I can see why developers didn't put it there, I think it was OP just due to being physical. Also there is always Gabriela and Temper, and I think there is even more heroes with similar abilities.
    Sometime you just need to play it the hard way to really appreciate the effort.
    Never been so digital
  • You can already "repair" a barricade by selling it and replacing it during a go break (assuming you don't have the Wall Building PHD trait which allows barricades to self-repair passively).
  • ZeroStas said:
    It feels out of character for Orcs Must Die! ... Firstly there is already trinket that helps automatically repair all barricades, and in all series there were never repair options, kinda make care less about barricades. Secondly, I was sad that there is no wind belt in Unchained one, but I can see why developers didn't put it there, I think it was OP just due to being physical. Also there is always Gabriela and Temper, and I think there is even more heroes with similar abilities.
    Sometime you just need to play it the hard way to really appreciate the effort.
    What a bad argument. Most of the gear is just lesser versions of character abilities or other things, and rarely better [teleportation ring]. Wind Belt would be on a cooldown like any other attacking gear, and solely push probably. It'd be great to have something to use other than the firewall bracers and lightning ring.

Tons of characters can knockback as it is, some of them awkwardly [Temper, Zoey]. So who cares? Give us some new options for characters without knockback in their kit. Bring back the acid bomb too, just nerf it to do some impact damage and add a poison dot, which atm only Midnight can do with a weaver.

If the reason to not do it is "other stuff already does it" then remove most of the gear that already exists because something else does most of those things too. Often better.

Flame Bracers - Smolder; Basics
    Arcane Bubble Blower - Stinkeye; Arcane Anomaly
    Firewall Bracers - Smolder; Heart of Flame / Temper; Hammer Slam
    Mage's Picnic - Unstable Rift, Priest Guardian Aura, Guardian Aura, Cygnus; Rift Shard, Mana Siphons
    Mage's Clover - All of Mage's picnic's list + Mage's Picnic
    Mending Root - Unstable Rift, Cook Guardian Aura, Guardian Aura, Health Siphons, Lifesteal Traits/abilities [and whichever Guardian has that aura I can't think of atm; Jailer?]
    Gnomish Repair Kit - Gabby; Kinetic Pulse
    Ice Amulet - Tundra; Icicle Burst
    Freedom Trinket - Smolder; Heart of Flame + Wildfire Weaver
    Ring of Storms - Cygnus; Rift Shard + Mini Master Weaver
    Teleportation Ring - Dobbin; Mineshaft Shortcut
    Ring of Last Stand - Nothing.

So one that isn't comparable to anything in the game. So either we remove them all, except Ring of Last Stand and arguable the ones that are better than the other options [Teleportation Ring, Freedom Trinket, Ring of Storms] ooooor find a more valid reason why we shouldn't have more gear that functions like existing abilities/traits/guardians/whatever. Because that's not enough to justify it to me.

I want more stuff from the first game added to Unchained. Just a bit of retooling it and it'd work fine.