OMDU Coming to PS4 in 2017

SixOkaySixOkay Member, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access
edited November 2016 in The Archive
LAS VEGAS and PLANO, Texas – Robot Entertainment, creators of the award-winning Orcs Must Die! ™ franchise, announced today during the PlayStation Experience keynote that its highly anticipated multiplayer game, Orcs Must Die! Unchained will come to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in 2017. Orcs Must Die! Unchained takes the award-winning Orcs Must Die! action tower defense gameplay to a whole new level with 3-player team-based gameplay! But don’t get cocky, because the stakes are higher, the traps are bloodier, and the invaders are even more ravenous. You’ll need to bring your A-game and a couple of the biggest orc-haters you can find!

"We're so glad Robot Entertainment is bringing ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED to the PlayStation 4 for the first time via our Third Party Production group," said Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at Sony Computer Entertainment of America. "Their fast-paced action and unique style and humor are a perfect fit for console, and we¹re thrilled to have them on PlayStation."

“We’re very excited to welcome PlayStation 4 players to our community,” said Robot Entertainment CEO Patrick Hudson. “Orcs Must Die! Unchained delivers a unique blend of tower defense and competitive multiplayer action along with the game’s signature humor. We can’t wait for PS4 fans to jump in and start slaying Orcs!”

Orcs Must Die! Unchained is set in the familiar world of its hilarious fantasy predecessors, years after the finale of Orcs Must Die! 2. With dozens of new rifts and worlds beyond them, heroes have come from far and wide to wage all-out war for control of these magical gateways. In the years since Orcs Must Die! 2, Maximillian and Gabriella have done their best to rebuild the once-mighty Order. Their new enemy, the Unchained, is no longer the mindless horde defeated twice before, but instead an organized army led by its own powerful heroes.

FEATURES

Killin’ Orcs and Smashin’ Dorks – Orcs Must Die!’s classic white-knuckle witch’s brew of action and strategy returns, letting you team up with your friends to lay waste to millions of new invading monsters!  Build an impenetrable gauntlet of traps to hack, grind, flatten, gibletize and incinerate your foes before they charge into the heart of your rift!

It's Definitely a Trap The only thing better than building traps for murdering minions is building more traps! Play to unlock traps, then upgrade them to be even deadlier. Cover your fortresses in gleeful torture devices and engineer a variety of hilarious and violent ends for invading minions. Customize your strategy for every battle. The hordes are no match for the powers of elements and physics!

Real Action Heroes Are you mage enough to defend the rifts? A wide variety of unique and powerful heroes with deep gameplay options offer a plethora of painfully creative ways to stop orcs in their grimy tracks. Old friends Max and Gabriella return to fight alongside a cast of new heroes like Blackpaw, Hogarth, Stinkeye, and Bloodspike. Whether you prefer might and majesty or scum and villainy, there’s a hero for every type of orc-slayer around.

Your Favorite Ways to Slay Survival mode lets players murder their way to the top of the orc pile in 3-player co-op defense gameplay that every Orcs Must Die! fan will love. Weekly Challenges and Daily Quests give players the chance to unlock extra traps and upgrade parts. Long-time favorite Endless mode has returned in Orcs Must Die! Unchained with expanded 3-player co-op.

In development for PlayStation 4 and PC, the PC version of Orcs Must Die! Unchained is currently in Closed Beta. For more information about Orcs Must Die! Unchained, visit http://www.OrcsMustDie.com and follow the development team on Facebook and Twitter.

Orcs Must Die! Unchained Producer Lance Hoke will also participate in the “Good vs Evil in F2P Game Design” panel at PlayStation experience on Sunday, December 7 at 10:30am (PST).

The Orcs Must Die! Series
Orcs Must Die! is an action-strategy game series that challenges players and their friends to team up and defend a world constantly under siege. The original Orcs Must Die! released to critical acclaim in October 2011, winning the AIAS Strategy Game of the Year. It was followed in 2012 by the co-operative sequel, Orcs Must Die! 2. In 2016, Orcs Must Die! Unchained will take the award-winning Orcs Must Die! action tower defense gameplay to a whole new level with team-based gameplay! The stakes are higher, the traps are bloodier, and the invaders are even more ravenous. For more information about ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED, visit http://www.OrcsMustDie.com, or follow OMD! on Facebook and Twitter.

About Robot Entertainment
Based in Plano, Texas, Robot Entertainment is a world-class independent game development studio founded in 2009 by veterans of Ensemble Studios. With a team that has proven experience and expertise in creating games that appeal to massive audiences on multiple platforms, Robot Entertainment is focused on developing titles that set new standards for their respective genres as well as groundbreaking original intellectual properties. The studio most recently launched the critically acclaimed Echo Prime, Hero Academy and Orcs Must Die! 2. More information on Robot Entertainment can be found at http://www.RobotEntertainment.com.

“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
@SixOkay
Robot Entertainment | Marketing Manager
Post edited by SixOkay on

Comments

• deanparkrdeanparkr Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Awesome!
  • GoCanesGoCanes Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    This is awesome news! I'm so happy I could punch an orc baby in the face... I now have a ton of questions, the first being when is the next AMA? LOL

Any clarification about how Founder Packs will be handled for those of us who wish to play on both PC and PS4? I have to say that if I knew this was a possibility, I would have been the first in line to purchase a Founder Pack. ^_^

Will it be cross server? For example, like War Thunder by Gaijin Entertainment where we can play in a match comprised of both PC and PS4 pilots.

I guess since this is an announcement thread, I should probably go collect my questions together for an AMA.
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I was waiting for the Master to scold Warmage so bad during that trailer, or Bloodspike to start telling his side of the story.
    Was still an awesome trailer.
  • AmarithAmarith Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Who says there can't be a part 2 of the trailer? Would be awesome if they have the time to devote to it.
  • HotshotHotshot Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    You guys brought my XMAS present news too early, I am speechless! thank you!! Who cares if the console and pc are linked or not. I would pay 150$ for another founders on PS4 If I have to!
  • LefteousLefteous Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I'm very excited for this as I just bought a ps4. I do think it would be great for linked accounts though. Not that I don't love supporting you guys but $150 is a bit hard to scrape up for another round ^_^
  • zippygruntzippygrunt Member, Early Access
    edited June 2016
    @SixOkay You guys might...maybe...want to do something with this post. Like update it or delete it.
  • SixOkaySixOkay Member, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access
    Updated. 2016.
    @SixOkay
    Robot Entertainment | Marketing Manager
  • SixOkay said:
    Updated. 2016.
    "December 6, 2014" not sounds like 2016. But i think we all understand whats going on, so i think it is okay.
    "Don't trust the skull" - Planescape: Torment
  • StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
    edited October 2016
    Considering that the PC version is now likely a Spring 2017 release, it may be a good idea to update this thread as well, unless the PS4 version is releasing first of course.

Also, be sure to strikethrough the "Attack and Defend" part since Siege is getting axed and I don't think Survival counts as an "Attack and Defend" mode.
  • OMD series is awesome ! I'm a player of OMD from Xbox 360 (OMD 1), and OMD 2 on PC (i have more than 150 hours on this game, on steam), and i like very much to play OMD Unchained in Xbox !!
    Half of the players have Xbox one and half have PS4, alright ? Put the game in both consoles should please 2x more people ! And should make everybody happy if have split screen coop xD
  • StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
    Announced during the 24 hour stream on November 18th, the PS4 version will be playable at PSX December 4th and 5th.