Level Creation

SkaboomatudeSkaboomatude Member, Early Access
Looking for new levels having 5 skulled all (except finale)
Is this something that will be implemented, if it is does anyone have any tutorials or new levels to share?

Comments

• SixOkaySixOkay Member, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access
    We don't have any plans to add full level creation to OMD2. It's a pretty big undertaking that we don't have the resources for currently. 
    @SixOkay
    Robot Entertainment | Marketing Manager
  • I would support this on Kickstarter up to $100. I wonder if others feel the same.
  • TeckTeck Member
    Looking for new levels having 5 skulled all (except finale)
    Is this something that will be implemented, if it is does anyone have any tutorials or new levels to share?
    While this sounds great in theory, it does seem like an incredibly daunting task.  I can imagine that aside from the work on a tool set to make this workable on the client side, the server side would probably see huge performance strain as well.  I'd say this would probably be best seen in an OMD3 as a single player option before anything remotely playable in OMDU.  From what I gather, Robot is still a rather small development company all things considered and I wouldn't be surprised if they had less than 100 employees.
    IQNein said:
    I would support this on Kickstarter up to $100. I wonder if others feel the same.
    I actually think this is a bad idea.  If there's anything I've learned about Kickstarter its that the projects need to be careful of how they are presented on there.  I really doubt an addition to a Free-To-Play style game would be welcomed with open arms like that.  There would likely be a lot of negative publicity as a result.  As I previously referenced it could be doable as Orcs Must Die 3 maybe, since the company does seem small enough that it wouldn't be a surprise to venture into a financially less risky crowd funded option like this.  As far as what I believe the game would be worth with that, I think you're far more generous than I am.  I would be hard pressed to say that a level editor would be worth that to me.  Considering crowd funding as the format though, I'm glad that there are some out there who would be comfortable with that much since I personally believe an OMDU complete as is with a level editor would probably be worth $50-$60 if it were monetized as a single product instead of micro-transactions.
  • @Teck This thread is 3 years old and was about OMD2, not OMDU... Those posters are long gone.
  • TeckTeck Member
    @Teck This thread is 3 years old and was about OMD2, not OMDU... Those posters are long gone.
    Ah, so it is.  I guess I was really tired and on a board I didn't realize.  A mistake is a mistake.