TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What are Decks?
- Deck Types
- Types of Cards
Creating and Selecting a Deck
- Deckbuilding Tips
What are Decks?
A Deck is a selection of Cards from your Collection that you can use inside of matches of Orcs Must Die! Unchained. Siege (PVP) Decks contain slots for up to 2 Gear cards, 7 Trap cards, 2 Boss cards, 8 Minions cards, and 4 Trait cards. Survival (PVE) Decks contain slots for up to 2 Gear cards, 2 Guardians, 7 Trap cards, 4 Trait Cards, and 2 Consumables.
Once you’re in a game of Orcs Must Die! Unchained, you can use the cards you have placed in your Deck.
*Siege decks will be removed with the next update. Details on the change are located here: https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/blog/open-beta-big-updates
There are two types of decks: Siege
(PVP) and Survival (PVE). You select which type when you create it.
Cards marked with the Survival icon (it looks like a shield) can only be used in Survival decks. Cards with the Siege icon (it looks like a tower) can only be used in Siege decks.
"Believe Size Matters" can only be used in Survival decks because it has the shield icon.
"Motivates Others" can only be used in Siege decks because it has the tower icon.
TYPES OF CARDS
As previously mentioned, there are 7 types of cards you can put in your deck. Survival decks can use Gear, Guardians, Traps, Traits, and Consumables. Meanwhile, Siege decks can use Gear, Bosses, Minions, Traps, Traits.
- Gear – Gear are items that do special things, such as Mage’s Clover (mana regen), Vegetables of Mending (health regen), or Teleportation Ring (teleports you back to your Rift). You can craft Gear through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Traps – Traps are exactly what they sound like – they’re traps that are designed to impair your enemy’s ability to score on your Rift. You can craft Traps through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Bosses – Bosses are special Minion cards for Siege games. You can craft Bosses through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Minions – Minions are your summoned allies that you must escort to the enemy Rift Room to win a Siege match. You can craft Minions through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Traits – Traits give you bonuses such as “Bonus Damage to Enemies,” “Plus N% to Starting Coin,” and “Reduced Damage from Enemy Traps.” You can craft Traits through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Guardians – Guardians are special rift defenders for Survival matches. You can craft Guardians through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests.
- Consumables – Consumables are single-use items that can give you an edge in Survival games. You can craft Consumables through the Workshop or you can receive them from Chests and Daily Quests.
Traps... lots of traps.
CREATING AND SELECTING A DECKTo create a Deck, go to the "Deck Editor" under "Deck Editor," located at the top-left of your screen. Once there, click on any of the Decks labeled "-Create Deck-". Type in a name and click “Create.” This will open up the Deck Editor.
Now select Cards to add to your Deck. Clicking them once will add them to your Deck. When you’re done customizing your Deck, click “Save.”
Once you’re in a Hero Selection, you can choose your Deck by selecting it from the drop-down.
You may also preview your Deck in Hero Selection, just to make sure you're bringing the correct one to the battlefield!
We've got some useful tips for those new to deckbuilding here: https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/blog/devblog-deckbuilding