since a new patch just dropped is it safe to grind out whaat you want now or is resets still going?

SawBladeSawBlade Member, Master Founder, Early Access
I played it when it first came out and played it a lot even though I knew reset was going to happen. since then kinda havent been on it as much but with this new patch figure atleast be able to try it out since it a full weekend and not during times i cant really play anyways. so if i grind out all blackpaws stuff cause he my favorite will it still be reset in the furture? sorry if this has been asked recently but didnt really see it

Best Answer

Answers

• Hedonism BotHedonism Bot Member
    edited March 2016
    That's pretty bullshit IMO, to have all your rift embers and cards you earned taken away from you. I wont be playing at all untill they decide to let people actually make progress in this game.
    Post edited by Hedonism Bot on
  • Rys4kRys4k Member
    See you at Open Beta...

Unless, of course, you're offended by what is likely the wipe at launch.

Then, we'll see you then?

-R
  • CusterDawgCusterDawg Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    That's pretty bullshit IMO, to have all your rift embers and cards you earned taken away from you. I wont be playing at all untill they decide to let people actually make progress in this game.
    This is nothing new in game development. Look at Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Dungeon Defenders 2, Atlas Reactor, Battleborn, etc. Any game in a pre-release state is going to usually have a wipe before release.

There are many reasons for this, but again you have the choice to wait until release to play the game. The benefit to playing now is to get a head start on the game mechanics and test out the game's features. Another benefit to playing now is to help shape the game that will be released through your feedback.

So you don't get to keep any levels or crafting mats, that's unfortunate, but if you had a fun time playing; its time that was worth spending. Not going to convince you to play, but just be aware that giving it a try might be fun.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    - B.B. 1984
  • Well, this is the first closed beta I've been involved with. It was a bit of a surprise to log in and have the tutorial shoved down my throat when I'm already familiar with the mechanics of the game. A big part of the fun for me is earning Champions, traps, or what have you, without using actual money. It just seems like they do this to force people to spend money to get the Champions they want. That's what I got from such a vague explanation like "many reasons". See you when it's an official game!
  • SixOkaySixOkay Member, Administrator, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Featured Developer
    You can earn heroes and traps (and what have you) entirely through gameplay. The only things in the game that are money-only are skins. Everything else can be crafted. 

And yes, we do plan to wipe at OB. The reason for closed beta is to get testing on various elements of the game, not to give players a head-start on crafting supplies. 
    @SixOkay
    Robot Entertainment | Marketing Manager
  • SawBladeSawBlade Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    ah to bad. I'll still play but im not gonna spend hours to get max rank untill launch then if it gonna keep wipeing. ill just play to have fun cause i do like the game. just i would have maxed out blackpaw for the skins if it was gonna stay