New Players, got questions? Come here!

Comments

• SevvSevv Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Id still much rather egg on communication and encouraging gettting away from a meta stategy then doing the same thing over and over because its the way to go currently
  • JackWindswordJackWindsword Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Are there any plans to implement game controller options for OMDU? I've been playing the OMD games with a 360 controller first on Xbox, then on Steam. Personally I've always been a gamepad player. Learning to use keyboard and mouse has a pretty steep learning curve, and in a competitive environment, you can't afford to learn how to walk all over again. Gamepad compatibility would be super helpful! 
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    @sixokay
    @miniwhiterabbit

Do you guys know anything about this? I can't really respond on the subject of game controller use, I haven't seen any real news on it. Do you guys know anything about it?
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • SevvSevv Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I do ! Oh oh pick me! 

@JackWindsword It is on the list but they want to have a functioning game first so it is one one of the lowest burners they have. 
  • NeouniNeouni Member, Early Access
    edited July 2014
    Seeing that you need to switch between weapontraps
    Then need to have buttons for attack, alt attack, jump, interact, ability 1, ability 2

Guess you bind abilitys to the shoulder buttons and traps to the directional pad

It can already be done with keyboard emulation that's easy to google.
    and seeing some players they are either using this already or using touchpad since they turn slowly and weird.
  • thatguypursuethatguypursue Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Prepare for questions!
    What does Cursed Ground do?
    Are there damage differences between regular traps, arcane, heated, and charged? Or are the differences just for combo-building?
    I noticed freeze and heated have an effect? What about arcane and charge?
    Does Naptha Sprayer do its own damage, or just debuff?
  • thatguypursuethatguypursue Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Hey I can help with controller questions. I've played many a MOBA (I know OMDU is not MOBA) and MMO, with a controller via Xpadder. It's 10 bucks, but is hands-down the best profile software I've used. It works flawlessly with a 360 gamepad, although PS3 controller takes a little work to get working. (driver install mainly) If anyone wants, I can make a basic Xpadder profile for OMDU and post the code.
  • UdyrUdyr Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited July 2014
    Cursed ground constantly deals damage to units that stand on or run over it (making it perfect against runners). One strategy is to surround Target Dummies with these.

Minions have different damage resistances, so using the right element against them boosts the effectiveness of the traps. Soldiers have weakness to lightning, ogres/trolls hate fire, etc.

Arcane damage buffs the next arcane attack against the target for a few seconds. Charge doesn't have an effect, (nevermind, Juicy is right - lightning reduces healing and mana regen) though it'd be neat if repeated damage from lightning traps caused a chain lightning effect around the target.

Naptha deals no damage by itself, but increases all fire damage taken by targets it hits. Smolder loves these.
    Post edited by Udyr on
    Physical damage does something .. that I dont remember.
    Arcane damage adda an arcane debuff that makes all arcane attacks do more DMG. Of stacks up to about 5x.
    Fire damage applies the burning DoT.
    Frost damage chills, then roots, then freezes based on % of player's health taken by frost.
    Lightning damage reduces healing and mana regen by half.

Also playing towards resistances and vulnerabilities, every hero and minion has a set of resistances/vulnerabilities.

Naphtha sprayer is just the debuff.
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Fire damage EXCEPT FOR SMOLDER'S NEW PRIMARY applies the burning DOT. Which is really confusing.
    It applies one too.... it just does 1 or 2 DMG instead of 5.
  • farthingfarthing Member, Early Access
    Is there a way to rename your decks?
  • NeouniNeouni Member, Early Access
    No deck renaming, only make and remove.
    Maybe they will add it later, can't be too hard.
  • farthingfarthing Member, Early Access
    I hit "Delete" but I get really scary message saying that you won't be able to use this deck anymore. It made me think that I would permanently lose the deck slot.
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm. That might need to be reworded lol. You keep the slot, lose the deck setup. Keep your cards too
  • MusashiMusashi Member, Early Access
    Is progress going to be wiped in open beta/at release? Just wondering how hard I should be farming.
    Yes. all progress will be wiped at the start of Open Beta, and that will be the final wipe. All coins spent will be refunded, all skulls, gibs, exp earned, cards earned, etc. will be erased.
  • MiniWhiteRabbitMiniWhiteRabbit Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Moved this discussion to the shiny new Newcomers section.
    MiniWhiteRabbit
    Robot Entertainment | Assistant Community Manager
  • IcethorneIcethorne Member, Early Access
    So, I downloaded the client installer from this site: http://en.omd.gameforge.com/#/ ;
    As well as this site: https://na.orcsmustdie.com/

Is one specifically for early access, and, one for live version?
  • BENDANZHUBENDANZHU Member, Early Access
    Hi, I read there is a US and EU server for this game. Any Asian/Oceanic server? And what is the ping for asia/oceanic to your US/EU server?