New Players, got questions? Come here!

Comments

• coolLane said:
    Is there any way to earn gold through in-game means besides purchasing it?
    I believe gold is purchase only. That's not to say there won't be some *watch our twitch stream at X time for a chance of 5k gold* or something - I don't know. But I'm pretty sure it can't be earned.

im trying to play with  a 5v5 pvp siege game. i keep ending up playing with bots that dont know what they are doing and act like headless chickens...anytime i start a game and see bot in the lobby i end up leaving and searching for a new game. what can i do to ensure there will be absolutely no bots in the game? i want it to be a pure 5v5 humans on humans match

Right now, due to some of the circumstances around during closed beta, the matchmaker works as such (or atleast this is my understanding, if i'm wrong, someone please correct me.):

There are two brackets, essentially very new players, and not-very-new players. It will match you with people in the same bracket. Right now, there's actually probably a good mix of both. That said, the matchmaker also only waits for so long. In closed beta, even during peak times, activity was low. In order to keep queue times down to 5 minutes or so, bots would be added if some players were in queue. Nowadays, there's more people in queue, but there still may only be 8. 8 means a 4v4 with a bot on each team. Your best bet for a non-bot game is to play during peak times (that'll be thursday and friday night, probably), or to find some other people on here that also want to play. Skip the matchmaker and play a 5v5 in custom!

Realistically, this shouldn't be a problem in actual launch, but because it's open beta, there's not as many people, so bots get added out of necessity.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • I noticed it takes a couple of shots to bring down even kobalds. Is this something that scales with hero leveling? Also there appears to be multiple types of hero leveling; at least one that is in the particular game you are loaded into and then overall, and then you level your account up as well. What are the benefits of all?
  • I noticed it takes a couple of shots to bring down even kobalds. Is this something that scales with hero leveling? Also there appears to be multiple types of hero leveling; at least one that is in the particular game you are loaded into and then overall, and then you level your account up as well. What are the benefits of all?
    I can't speak to the actual benefits of hero leveling, as I haven't looked into it all that much. I think it goes towards your skin dyes and stuff like that. Your account level however, it comes into effect in survival. When a level says "Recommended level: 12", if your account level (not hero level) is 12, that means you're set. That's your recommended level. Anything above your account level, you'll be doing less damage. Anything below, you'll be doing extra damage. So if your account level is 12 but you're running level 16 sharktooth island, that's why everything is so hard to kill. Please note that the matchmaker (as of the hotfix today) will always pick a level above your group's level (in regular survival it takes your specific level, so don't take a level 2 with you to a level 40 level. - in matchmaker it averages your group level and you act as though that is what your account level is, for power purposes.)

Now, back to the hero levels. Your account level is determined by all your hero levels combined. So, my recommendation, is play every hero once. That's fast levels. After that, level up whomever you're a fan of. Please also note, that account level doesn't affect siege at all - everyone is balanced from the getgo on that one. Also, in order to get "tier 2" and such traps, you need a certain account level to craft it.

tl;dr - total hero levels = account level, account level determines your power in survival, but not in siege.
  • edited March 2016
    Open beta trash here.

How exactly are you supposed to play this without all of the tools available? OMD1+2 were "easy" at the start when you had limited resources. Plus you know, physics gimmicks / easy-mode farming in early missions.

Now it's like "Everything sucks" AND "You want me to team up with others who will inevitably turn toxic when things don't go exactly as planned because I'm new?"

Come on. Even the guides for kill-boxes require materials I, a freshie, couldn't exactly afford with paltry gold and lacking materials on hand! Out of the tutorial (ONE ROUTE) and into a match. (Two routes, two leavers, little comprehension). Not fun..
  • Open beta trash here.

How exactly are you supposed to play this without all of the tools available? OMD1+2 were "easy" at the start when you had limited resources. Plus you know, physics gimmicks / easy-mode farming in early missions.

Now it's like "Everything sucks" AND "You want me to team up with others who will inevitably turn toxic when things don't go exactly as planned because I'm new?"

Come on. Even the guides for kill-boxes require materials I, a freshie, couldn't exactly afford with paltry gold and lacking materials on hand! Out of the tutorial (ONE ROUTE) and into a match. (Two routes, two leavers, little comprehension). Not fun..
    Honestly, this a little rough. Robot is still finangling with exactly how to do this - give players everything at the beginning and there's nothing to work for, give players nothing and they're stuck. They're in a spot where you can get a few more traps than default after a few games, and maybe open up a few more a little bit later. But I agree - it's hard to get traps right now. I have a founders badge, but I'm trying to avoid spending gold on traps and heroes (other than a little splurge here or there) - I've got alot of the heroes from my founder's badge, but I still feel like I don't use my half traps, they just aren't as effective as they should be.
  • How do you download for PS4?
  • Hey I'm just wondering if they're planning on adding more perks for when your hero lvls up instead of just a new dye. I mean sure dyes are cool but that just makes it seem a little useless. I mean I want to be able to unlock new perks when I upgrade my hero to a certain level instead of just leveling him up to get a new dye.
  • What is RATING in the player statics based off?
  • @Juicy good job with keeping up with thread and everything your awesome man!!! 
  • I just downloaded the game but I cannot play. It says that it is disconnected. I was wondering how I can connect the game so I can play
  • How do the parts on traps work, like the resonator or field parts you get for upgrading them to t2 and up? I just got to level 25 and have no idea what trap to upgrade. 
  • edited April 2016
    @Ug1uk

Think of it like you're making improvements to your traps... Certain traps have certain parts that will be equipped at certain tiers... for instance... My lightning rod, when I upgraded it at level 25, I was able to socket a "Stamped Parts" into it, which improves it in the Survival game mode, and makes the trap cost 20% less to place it. When I reached level 50, and was able to upgrade it to tier 3, I could craft one of the Springs and place in it then, which made it fire 35% faster, but increase the cost by 25%, and at 75 you can upgrade tier 4, which allows you to add a trigger to it, that causes it to have a chance of firing if burning enemies are under it, for instance. There are different ways to build each trap, and right now, if you change those parts in and out, if I recall correctly it will destroy it, so take care early on, and make sure you're upgrading which trap you want to, and placing parts in because it certainly gets expensive.
  • edited April 2016
    I've looked about a bit for the answer to this question...

'Hero Rotation'

I understand that different heroes are available during each increment of time (a week or so.) for free.  If one were to purchase other heroes to play, do those heroes become available full-time?  Or do they follow the standard hero rotation rules and are only 'available' during their own rotation?

Anyone care to shine a little light on this subject for me?

*Edit:   I found every answer I wanted and more here:   http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/5360/which-are-the-reasons-for-me-to-buy-a-hero#latest

:D

• I can't figure out how Traits work exactly. The ones I can currently craft boost minion strength. However, I mainly play defense. Do these trait bonuses only apply to Minions I create or minions around me or minions on my team?
  • Those traits aren't bonus damage for your minions, they're bonus damage against them.
  • PLEASE, SOMEONE. The game changed and O havent played the new version yet. I see that now there isnt that start screen with our profile and stuff anymore. Where can I find the chat, how can I contact my friend I added? Do I have to play all that path to get to that?
  • PLEASE, SOMEONE. The game changed and O havent played the new version yet. I see that now there isnt that start screen with our profile and stuff anymore. Where can I find the chat, how can I contact my friend I added? Do I have to play all that path to get to that?
    Yes. It's the prologue, but you can think of it as a short story-based tutorial. You play through it, then you have free-reign at maps and playing with others.
  • As @Juicy said. Once the prologue is complete you will gain access to the main screen, friend list, global chat, etc. You do not have to complete the advanced tutorial. 
  • What should I do with my skulls
  • Keisar said:
    What should I do with my skulls
    Upgrade traps, buy new traps from store, and save to purchase new heroes.