Patch 1.0.11001

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
edited April 2016 in The Archive
This week's patch will be published during Wednesday morning maintenance (3 - 10 a.m. Central). During this time, the servers will not be available.

General Changes:

• Players now receive rewards after level 40. Those players already over level 40 will receive the rewards for the levels they have passed. 
  • PvE matchmaking map selection is reduced to 2 levels above your account (down from 3) to ensure more balanced matches.
  • Journeymen quests formerly for "play x games as y hero" are now "win x games"
  • New costs for heroes:
    450 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Oziel, Dobbin, Midnight, Zoey
    300 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Hogarth, Ivy, Sinkeye, Smolder, Cygnus
    200 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Gabrielle, Blackpaw, Maximilian

Fixes:

• Issue resulting in "blank hero list" on hero select screen has been resolved
  • Steam authentication issues that resulted in the game getting stuck on the loading screen (blue orcs) have been resolved
  • Messaging added to login page when game servers are down
  • Messaging added to items that are survival mode only
  • Steam account linking verification added
  • Chat buffer has been adjusted

Misc:

Penalties have been added for players that abandon the match during hero selection (matchmaking only). The penalties are as follows:
  • First: 5 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
  • Second: 15 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
  • Third: 30 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• @harmonia if we have crafted heroes already will we be able to get rift embers back for the difference if not its cool just thought i would ask.
  • @Harmonia nvm haha was just answered on stream.
  • Finisher0110Finisher0110 Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    • 450 Rift Embers or 750 skulls: Oziel, Dobbin, Midnight, Zoey

450 Rift Embers OR 750 skulls?  
  • Rys4kRys4k Member
    @Harmonia - Are you just putting in a random series of 1's & 0's for patch numbers?
  • Ephreaym said:
    @Harmonia nvm haha was just answered on stream.
    I didnt watch the stream.. so yes?
  • WithoutQuestionWithoutQuestion Member, Early Access
    Ephreaym said:
    @harmonia if we have crafted heroes already will we be able to get rift embers back for the difference if not its cool just thought i would ask.
    no you don't, they said so on stream just before it ended :(
  • Oh, ok then :D i don't expected but a man can dream right? ahhahah
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Rys4k said:
    @Harmonia - Are you just putting in a random series of 1's & 0's for patch numbers?
    LOL, I know it seems that way but there's actually a structure to it. Just happened to be all 1's and 0's this time. Beep boop beep!

I was assured no one was trolling me with this patch number...
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer

• 450 Rift Embers or 750 skulls: Oziel, Dobbin, Midnight, Zoey

450 Rift Embers OR 750 skulls?  
    *and* I've fixed the typo!
  • WithoutQuestionWithoutQuestion Member, Early Access
    Do the journeyman quests still give x25 ember rewards? 
  • TristarisTristaris Member, Early Access
    @Harmonia - Is there any potential way to get a list of the rewards awarded per level, for future reference? If it can't be done, I understand! :)

Also, when can we expect to hear on the state of crafting materials and the ways of accumulating them? Crystals, for instance being super rare, or will the level up rewards be a primary source of materials for things? 
  • TristarisTristaris Member, Early Access
    Agreed @ProtoZealott - I was kind of hoping to hear at least something in regards to crafting materials in general, and such, but sadly it doesn't look like this patch will address anything, unless it's undocumented changes, which I really hope is not the case because it's somewhat widely accepted that some of the materials are just... terrible to obtain, unless they want the primary means of gathering the bulk of the materials for crafting our base traps, to come from leveling, but we just haven't heard anything back on the subject. SadSmolderFace.jpg
  • StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
    Darn, I just crafted Hogarth today. Oh well, just means I'm 150 rift embers poorer than if I waited a day.
  • SirBeastSirBeast Member, Early Access
    StarPilot said:
    Darn, I just crafted Hogarth today. Oh well, just means I'm 150 rift embers poorer than if I waited a day.
    I recently crafted Stinkeye, and used coin to purchase Blackpaw :(
  • EphreaymEphreaym Member
    edited April 2016
    Harmonia said:
    • 300 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Hogarth, Ivy, Sinkeye, Smolder, Cygnus
    • Lolololol Sinkeye instead of stinkeye must be new champ jk just thought id let you know about typo :) @harmonia
  • gotta love new changes 

• RoyalFinoRoyalFino Member, Master Founder, Early Access
  • Dobbin top-tier confirmed. 
  • ebaynetflixebaynetflix Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Tristaris said:
    @Harmonia - Is there any potential way to get a list of the rewards awarded per level, for future reference? If it can't be done, I understand! :)

Also, when can we expect to hear on the state of crafting materials and the ways of accumulating them? Crystals, for instance being super rare, or will the level up rewards be a primary source of materials for things? 
    I'd imagine changes of that size would come into a main patch, changing a game's economy is quite a sensitive task.