Patch 1.0.11001

2»

Comments

• Tristaris said:
    @Harmonia - Is there any potential way to get a list of the rewards awarded per level, for future reference? If it can't be done, I understand! :)
    Yes! This is something I am hoping to get posted up for everyone later today. Now that the servers are up, I can hopefully get that information up!
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Any chance of tightening up the level discrepancy in Siege matchmaking? I'm level 42, and my yesterday was 42, 41, 17, 6, and 2.

I mean, just about every 3rd siege game ends up being a 4v5 due to afk/dc's, so I can't really make the argument for wanting more "competitive" matches. But it would still be nice to at least play with people close to my level...even if it meant longer queue times, rather than just instantly getting into games with fresh installs
  • Should we have received our level up rewards from being 40+ upon logging in? My materials look pretty much the same. Figured I would be able to tell missing 30 levels worth of rewards.
  • edited April 2016
    Spathi said:
    Should we have received our level up rewards from being 40+ upon logging in? My materials look pretty much the same. Figured I would be able to tell missing 30 levels worth of rewards.
    I could have sworn that I saw that somewhere that they said you would. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I'm in the same boat, and was hoping to get a bunch of material. As it looks I'll be outmatched simply because I ranked up too fast.

After I ranked up twice now I have only gotten skulls, so I think that may be all that the new rewards are, though that's not much of a test. I do however believe that I got a major jump in my skull count (I think it was in the 2,000s and it's now over 8,000), but I wasn't paying too much attention so my initial could could be wrong.
    Post edited by PineappleMan on
  • Spathi said:
    Should we have received our level up rewards from being 40+ upon logging in? My materials look pretty much the same. Figured I would be able to tell missing 30 levels worth of rewards.
    I could have sworn that I saw that somewhere that they said you would. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I'm in the same boat, and was hoping to get a bunch of material. As it looks I'll be outmatched simply because I ranked up too fast.

After I ranked up twice now I have only gotten skulls, so I think that may be all that the new rewards are, though that's not much of a test. I do however believe that I got a major jump in my skull count (I think it was in the 2,000s and it's now over 8,000), but I wasn't paying too much attention so my initial could could be wrong.
    I guess it's possible that's all you get leveling past 40... although slightly disappointing.
  • So are the penalties for the first person who abandons or for everyone who abandons? It would be kind of shitty to be forced to play man down after someone had already ruined the game...
  • Dohregard said:
    So are the penalties for the first person who abandons or for everyone who abandons? It would be kind of shitty to be forced to play man down after someone had already ruined the game...
    the penalty is only directed to the person that left the game, not the entire group. 
  • They are small time based penalties, so probably won't affect much. Seen it a lot in other games, people still leave and just wait the time. Better to make people play like 3 games vs bots or something to that effect, that makes people take notice.
  • JstLink said:
    They are small time based penalties, so probably won't affect much. Seen it a lot in other games, people still leave and just wait the time. Better to make people play like 3 games vs bots or something to that effect, that makes people take notice.
    Or, -200 skulls :)
  • Still seems small @Tenebral. Probably be just as effective as the current punishment.
  • edited April 2016
    JstLink said:
    Still seems small @Tenebral. Probably be just as effective as the current punishment.
    @JstLink What about this:

• First: 5 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP) and -150 Skulls
    • Second: 15 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP) and -300 Skulls
    • Third: 30 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP) and -500 Skulls

If you play all day everyday, it's not that much, but, for those new/casual players this may be important.
  • I agree it may be, but for the population as a whole that will do very little. 500 skulls for me is very little and if I was dedicated to only playing one hero or whatever other reason people leave for, that would do little to deter me.
  • Harmonia said:
    This week's patch will be published during Wednesday morning maintenance (3 - 10 a.m. Central). During this time, the servers will not be available.

General Changes:

• Players now receive rewards after level 40. Those players already over level 40 will receive the rewards for the levels they have passed. 
    • PvE matchmaking map selection is reduced to 2 levels above your account (down from 3) to ensure more balanced matches.
    • Journeymen quests formerly for "play x games as y hero" are now "win x games"
    • New costs for heroes:
      450 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Oziel, Dobbin, Midnight, Zoey
      300 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Hogarth, Ivy, Sinkeye, Smolder, Cygnus
      200 Rift Embers and 750 skulls: Gabrielle, Blackpaw, Maximilian

Fixes:

• Issue resulting in "blank hero list" on hero select screen has been resolved
    • Steam authentication issues that resulted in the game getting stuck on the loading screen (blue orcs) have been resolved
    • Messaging added to login page when game servers are down
    • Messaging added to items that are survival mode only
    • Steam account linking verification added
    • Chat buffer has been adjusted

Misc:

Penalties have been added for players that abandon the match during hero selection (matchmaking only). The penalties are as follows:
    • First: 5 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
    • Second: 15 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
    • Third: 30 minute penalty (can't matchmake for PvE or PvP)
    No rewards at account lvl 50

2»